Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Amazon won't ship this product to Singapore, getting from B&H @us$129 before shipping, anyone interested in sharing freight charges, pm me.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...o_X2_SDHC.html

Ordering is closed till tomorrow, will see if they ship this product to singapore when they opens.
    Camera with no built-in flash, some lenses, some Lights.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/pentiumpc/

Quote Originally Posted by PentiumPC View Post
    Amazon won't ship this product to Singapore, getting from B&H @us$129 before shipping, anyone interested in sharing freight charges, pm me.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...o_X2_SDHC.html

Ordering is closed till tomorrow, will see if they ship this product to singapore when they opens.
    Please do not start a MO inside this thread. Keep it clean and simple.

Not starting an MO, Just stating the fact that amazon don't ship to Singapore for this product and B&H might, and that B&H is selling it @ USD$129 before shipping.

I am asking if anyone wants to share freight out of goodwill, I buy stuff from Amazon/B&H/adorama on a regular basis with a few friends, so my order will go ahead with or without participation of others.

Sorry if my reply offends you, please ask mods to remove it.
    Last edited by PentiumPC; 20th November 2010 at 01:32 PM.

Eye fi X2 Pro is going for $99.99 for black friday sale at both Adorma and B&H...

I have been using for a couple of times already, don't know why the is it the new X2 card or the Eye Fi Helper utilility issue.... Once you have transferred a couple tens of images and over a period of time like 30 mins, the transfer becomes really slow. Eg it takes just 7 seconds to transfer a jpg, after that it takes forever....and I do mean forever like wait for 3 minutes it still gets stuck at 8% even though you are just 2 meters away. Put the notebook/device into standby or hibernation also no use, need to reboot the computer. Pretty stressful usage in a LIVE setting.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    Eye fi X2 Pro is going for $99.99 for black friday sale at both Adorma and B&H...
    Arrgh!!! Mine reach Singapore already.

I'm using a D90, X2 Pro, with a E585 mifi and shuttersnitch on my ipad (then still 3.2.2 non jailbreak).

I took using RAW+JPG, on my shuttersnitch, I set to only receive JPG, manage to transfer 40+ images one shot...did not encounter any slowdown... maybe I did not take a many photos to last 30min I guess....

Just got another X2 Pro from Adoroma as backup since now going for $99.99

I'm using a D90, X2 Pro, with a E585 mifi and shuttersnitch on my ipad (then still 3.2.2 non jailbreak).

I took using RAW+JPG, on my shuttersnitch, I set to only receive JPG, manage to transfer 40+ images one shot...did not encounter any slowdown... maybe I did not take a many photos to last 30min I guess....

Why do you need another 1? Lol. Backup... Haha.

Scared travelling around, 8GB not enuff, or read some people have issues the card get corrupted...so better have one on standby while I'm travelling on the road in 2 weeks time

Scared travelling around, 8GB not enuff, or read some people have issues the card get corrupted...so better have one on standby while I'm travelling on the road in 2 weeks time
    good point..

Are you able to set the Ipad to receive the pics on the fly? means as you shoot, the photo will be displayed on Ipad automatically in the next second

Guys, will this card be cheaper in HK ? I be going there for a week this coming Sat.
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Don't know leh, first few times I used ok. Then I was testing before a shoot and noticed this. Rebooted and went away. So everything set and I put the notebook on hibernation.
    Booted it up and this came back. I was troubleshoot and sweating for a good 15 mins before I rebooted (slow, takes another 3-4 mins) and everything A-ok. Luckily the cheque cleared as the client came over to ask if anything wrong. Good thing I also arrived 15 mins earlier to setup.
    Now I remember...I updated the Eye Fi Helper to the latest version.

just curious..

from what I read in the last few posts, its possible to shoot in raw + small jpeg, and get the iPad to receive the small jpegs only. but it still takes like 7 seconds to receive a small jpeg.

Can I do this with a windows PC/laptop?

And can I selectively choose which image to send? (like in Nikon's wft, press ok, or in Canon's WFT, protect the image to send)

Isen

You can receive the image on a pc / laptop. But the card is configured to auto upload to a single fix destination. So if it set to upload to your ipad, you want to set it to upload to ya windows, you will need to configure the card using the help app.

You cannot select which images to send, cos everything is automatic, and there is no menu on your camera to select. Once u take ya photos, it detects the wireless network to join, and the destination is there, it will automatically upload the images over.

I believe Eye Fi is an US product, so I dun think HK might be cheaper though. You can check if on Eye Fi website if they have any HK distributor.

Quote Originally Posted by socksiong View Post
    Are you able to set the Ipad to receive the pics on the fly? means as you shoot, the photo will be displayed on Ipad automatically in the next second
    First, transferring the files over to your ipad is not magic... 1 sec dun think enough to transfer your jpg over... is also need to initiate connection etc...

Assuming ya ipad is powered up with the shuttersnitch on listen mode, when you take your photos, it will take a couple of seconds to see the image appear.

You can receive the image on a pc / laptop. But the card is configured to auto upload to a single fix destination. So if it set to upload to your ipad, you want to set it to upload to ya windows, you will need to configure the card using the help app.

You cannot select which images to send, cos everything is automatic, and there is no menu on your camera to select. Once u take ya photos, it detects the wireless network to join, and the destination is there, it will automatically upload the images over.

I believe Eye Fi is an US product, so I dun think HK might be cheaper though. You can check if on Eye Fi website if they have any HK distributor.
    Hmm Based on this, i think its better to invest in a WFT... although WFTs are so EXPENSIVEEEEE.

anybody tried any CF-adaptor with eye-fi yet?

Quote Originally Posted by socksiong View Post
    anybody tried any CF-adaptor with eye-fi yet?
    Not recommended, will corrupt the pictures from all the forum postings regardless of camera body.

Actually on my D90 it already corrupted the card twice with "CHA" showing on the number of shots left on the LCD. Its a known issue reported on the website. It does not happen often though coz I am using it very frequently but just that "it can happen". But after that still can use, just have to format.
    So do not trust it for critical apps. I see that you are a wedding/baby/events photographer, have to be very very careful and standby for that.

Actually bro peterpan1975 already said in the first post that it will not meet the high standards of pros.

Guys,

would this card be useful if i am traveling overseas? i can have a backup.

when shooting with this card, do I have to connect to an available Wifi Network, or is it that the Card is already a wifi and from my iPhone I can take the pictures straight ?
    Think fast, aim for the best !

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast