Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

2 person joined a day ago telling everyone how good the product it is...I'm not sure about everyone... I'm very skeptical...

Spoken to my friend and he has asked how to place ads on this portal.
    Can someone help ?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion King View Post
    Can someone help ?
    Please PM the modulator.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    2 person joined a day ago telling everyone how good the product it is...I'm not sure about everyone... I'm very skeptical...
    I agreed but neverless, lets keep it open minded. So far Im still waiting for my eye-fi Pro X2. Once it arrive, will post the review again. So far I have no complain on eye-fi pro, just that the speed of transfer is slow. But hey, compare to original canon or nikon wifi product, this is cheaper.

By the way, one thing to take note: The build of Flu-card compare to eye-fi, I personally feel that the material frm the eye-fi is more durable then flu card. just my personal finding. :P

I read in the Eye Fi forums, seems some users are experiencing problems on their D90.... wondering if I should get it instead of holding it for awhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion King View Post
    Can someone help ?
    Posting in Mass Sales and Commercial Services forum - More Information

You may PM our Admins Darren Edmund Simon directly.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Please PM the modulator.
    lol, modulator ........ I also not sure how to PM that.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

I tried the Eye Fi X2 (new 802.11n version), pathetic range. 1 tinted glass door also will cut the range, LOS 7m also cannot work at a Church and that's with a good router. Tomorrow try at Shangri-la ballroom (not sure which one but not Island), I think CMI.

Forget about the faster speed, that only happens when you are like 2-3m from it.
    Last edited by 2100; 9th October 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Good one. At least someone did a pratical test on the ground. Like the beginnering of my post, this eye-fi really not cut out for event running. Due to the fact that it's limited transmit range.

Good one. At least someone did a pratical test on the ground. Like the beginnering of my post, this eye-fi really not cut out for event running. Due to the fact that it's limited transmit range.
    Yep, oh...forgot to mention, raising the router above the crowd helps. Coz 2.4GHz freq, which is microwave oven, that freq excites/resonates water molecules and turns it into heat, RF -> heat. I remember one scenario there was a 10-12m distance from card to router, and it only transfered through and I saw it on the notebook which was nearby only when I went up the 1m tall stage. Router to notebook no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Yep, oh...forgot to mention, raising the router above the crowd helps. Coz 2.4GHz freq, which is microwave oven, that freq excites/resonates water molecules and turns it into heat, RF -> heat. I remember one scenario there was a 10-12m distance from card to router, and it only transfered through and I saw it on the notebook which was nearby only when I went up the 1m tall stage. Router to notebook no issue.
    Err .. sorry i was a bit lost here, you mention using eye-fi at an area of 10-12m distance, the router to pc also 10-12m distance apart? at the distance there was no photo being transfer to the pc right ?

only when you when up to the 1m tall stage which is close to the pc then u saw the pic right?

Maybe i can say positively that if that card was use inside a studio (which hardly the distance between the photographer and the PC is usually around 2 - 3m), eye-fi should work.

But base on that working distance of ur job natural 10-12m (even my PT04 wireless flash transmitter cant work at that range) it is clearly way out of eye-fi to handle not to mention "no antenna". You should use official transmitter such as WFT system for canon or nikon not eye-fi or any other wifi card.

Really, thanks for sharing

Err .. sorry i was a bit lost here, you mention using eye-fi at an area of 10-12m distance, the router to pc also 10-12m distance apart? at the distance there was no photo being transfer to the pc right ?

only when you when up to the 1m tall stage which is close to the pc then u saw the pic right?

Maybe i can say positively that if that card was use inside a studio (which hardly the distance between the photographer and the PC is usually around 2 - 3m), eye-fi should work.

But base on that working distance of ur job natural 10-12m (even my PT04 wireless flash transmitter cant work at that range) it is clearly way out of eye-fi to handle not to mention "no antenna". You should use official transmitter such as WFT system for canon or nikon not eye-fi or any other wifi card.

Problem is that I really am a careless person, I always spoil my equipment due to pretty hard use, hence I don't really wanna buy such stuff. I have spoiled a handgrip before also.
    WFT -> notebook direct ad-hoc may not pack such a good range vs Eye Fi -> router -> notebook (ie repeater concept + flexibility). Anyway all my lousy cams cannot pack on a WFT.
    Even the D7000 which I am going for soon...don't think so.

Yes, you are correct. I was site surveying for "max range" aka fringe areas, the router location was fixed. Cam and notebook were not. So I brought it to the stage area which is pretty "far" from the router, some 10-12m away. Halfway that still was somewhat working though not very fast transfers. I left the notebook on the chair and I was shooting around. After 1-2 mins I still did not get the new image. Went up the stage so there really was absolutely no blockage, transferred over finally but still it took quite a fair bit of time, ie not the 5-10s BAM there you go..... I remember for this scenario, I was not cupping my hands on the camera, which would block the card.
    In fact cupping your hands on the camera hence blocking the card also reduces the range. Eg, 6-7m it would work with the camera "naked", but handholding the cam it may very well not work. From this we can deduce that even with the cam slung over your neck but body blocking LOS path to the router there is a significant performance hit.

Also if I may say, I suspect if during a wedding reception there is a huge group of say 30 people interspersed between cam and router, even the 4-5m range may be compromised.

Your studio use no issue lah.... controlled environment.

I think for me, speed is not that much of an issue, but range. Need to go source for a router with high-gain good antenna say 9dBi (high-power not that much of an issue, as Eye Fi is not high-power, so the router might be able to "shout very loudly" but since its deaf also wakalimasen unless Eye Fi also can shout very loudly, which it cannot).
    At most I use 12V battery power and carry the router with me lah.... The Buffalo router which I am using is 12V direct.

Still need to solve the picture naturally displaying in the slideshow issue, without human intervention.

Good one. Thanks for the detail explanation. I do have to agreed with you that even with a router something it does not really extend the range. Due to the fact that its a SD card. Appreciate your input. have you want to try Flu card? since its on sale in SG lao. Maybe the performance is better than eye-fi?
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 9th October 2010 at 09:31 PM.

This kind of SD card tech, shd be the same lah even if its other brands. I found the Eye Fi card to be hot after use when I take it out, so there is a limiting factor on the heat dissipation, hence transmitter power can't be that high.

Given the current the SD slot supplies, i think the transmitting power for any of such device is likely to be limited and around the same. If not wrong, if you looking for range, running at 11b or 11g supposedly give better range compared to 11n. I think there are also many different implementation or variant of 11n, from dual band to mimo, etc, which might also affect range and throughput too.

2100, not sure if this is possible, maybe u can carry a mifi to act as a repeater for ya Eye Fi, so the Eye Fi is always within 1-2m from the mifi, and the mifi with its own battery should probably have a greater range

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    Given the current the SD slot supplies, i think the transmitting power for any of such device is likely to be limited and around the same. If not wrong, if you looking for range, running at 11b or 11g supposedly give better range compared to 11n. I think there are also many different implementation or variant of 11n, from dual band to mimo, etc, which might also affect range and throughput too.

2100, not sure if this is possible, maybe u can carry a mifi to act as a repeater for ya Eye Fi, so the Eye Fi is always within 1-2m from the mifi, and the mifi with its own battery should probably have a greater range
    Yeah, power supply limitations, power dissipations limitations, both effectively limits the RF power (before antenna gain, or should I say LOSS )

I don't know, having an additional repeating gadget just increases the complexity and avenue for breakdown. In the field we don't have the luxury to troubleshoot much as well.
    I do have a repeater, the old Belkin one about 5 years ago. I still think purchasing a single router with the best antenna is the way to go. Unfortunately directional Yagis are no-no but they do ramp up the gain very much like up to 15dBi (most routers are 1-3dBi).

Just receive the eye-fi Pro X2. Detail review will be carried out soon. For the initial view here are some comment:

1) Better packaging
    2) SDHC class 6 design
    3) SDHC Lock switch

A speed transfer test will be carried out side by side with eye-fi pro 4G SD card.

you welcome bro. Denniskee also did that review on the Pt04. It works .... nice one
    anyone test on 7d yet?

Quote Originally Posted by lhc500d View Post
    anyone test on 7d yet?
    and which software on ipad to recieve the file?

Shuttersnitch app ($7.99) is probably what u need

yes shuttlersnitch is the apps that is require for ipad/iphone. As for if it work with 7D, not sure cos did not have that model. but have successful tested on panasonic G2 and it work. The speed of Xpro2 transmitting on JPEG seem faster than the older pro series.

Neverless anyone who want to test this SD card, just PM me and i can make arrangemet for a demo. Or anyone wish to purchase this card, i got a spare seal xpro2 pls check out the BnS on accessory thread. will upload pic on the xpro2 and further info soon. Busy now a days. :P

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast