Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 167

Thread: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

  1. #41

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    The details on the flu card is very sparse. Anyone got the answers to the following?

    Any idea if the flu card uses 11n or 11g?
    Is it a class 4,6 or 10 SD?
    Can it connect to an ad hoc wifi network?
    Can it work with shuttersnitch (or other similar app or dun even need) on iPad?
    Can it be configure to upload RAW and/or JPG to iPad?
    Does it with work on a D90?
    Try direct ur question to sgcamerastore and would it be possible for you to post the answer here for sharing? :P

  2. #42

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    thanks for sharing, it is recommended to confirm working before ones decide buy the flucard, or else it will become a very expensive memory card.
    Yes, i make a mistake in the first place. Thats why on the 2nd visit, i brought some of my camera down to test. Sadly, at time it also fail.

  3. #43
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Yes, i make a mistake in the first place. Thats why on the 2nd visit, i brought some of my camera down to test. Sadly, at time it also fail.
    sad to say no working solution for me currently, so I have no intention to get any of the cards.

    will wait patiently for either eye-fi launch a CF version card or Nikon launch a new full frame body with dual memory card slots.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  4. #44

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    Checking out the thread, it's weird that they only answer questions via PM.. Not sure why they can't just post in the thread since it's product spec that other members would be interested to find out too and not some trade secrets..
    Very simple, would you want all those bad comment or bad information to be leak out in CS?

    bad for the sales.

  5. #45

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Interesting to note the following :

    1. Graphics on the site shows like 16GB, 128GB card....
    2. The card does not have any official SD logo on it

    and this is the company that sue other thumbdrive companies like Kingston here when it got the patent for thumbdrive.

    anyway, i might stick to Eye Fi as i'm currently in US, and the flu card is not easily available here.
    Last edited by CyberTron88; 8th October 2010 at 12:02 PM.

  6. #46
    Senior Member sgcamerastore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    No 3 Coleman Street
    Posts
    22,863

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    hi guys , No problem u can bring down your cam and test to make sure it works , , the new card that we received has updated the firmware for the latest batch yesterday . currently we are testing the card , do bring down your cam , as we like to know which models of cams work with this card also
    Last edited by sgcamerastore; 8th October 2010 at 02:42 PM.

  7. #47

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    hi sgcamerastore,
    do you have the answers to the questions i posted above?

    Would be good if you can post the answers for those interested in the product.

  8. #48

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    Interesting to note the following :

    1. Graphics on the site shows like 16GB, 128GB card....
    2. The card does not have any official SD logo on it

    and this is the company that sue other thumbdrive companies like Kingston here when it got the patent for thumbdrive.
    u are refering to Flucard right? there is lots of information being witheld here. So any kind soul who are reading this post and got some answer frm the distrubtor or supplier please share and hlp all CSans.

  9. #49
    Senior Member sgcamerastore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    No 3 Coleman Street
    Posts
    22,863

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    [QUOTE=CyberTron88;6573838]Interesting to note the following :

    1. Graphics on the site shows like 16GB, 128GB card....
    2. The card does not have any official SD logo on it
    we are still working on the canon models

    as current the batch release recently during 2 week ago was the first batch in singapore

    2) The card has the SdHc logo on

    Is it a class 4,6 or 10 SD? current it is class 4
    Can it connect to an ad hoc wifi network? still working on it , just got the new batch of card yesterday so have not test ( directly wifi is ok , only for blackberry from what we know does not work
    Can it work with shuttersnitch (or other similar app or dun even need) on iPad? we tried on iPhone still possible
    Can it be configure to upload RAW and/or JPG to iPad? Only Jpeq ( however it done not work like the eyefi - u can choose which file to download the file for the flucard ) for Raw files , it is not possible at the moment
    Does it with work on a D90? still finding a D90 to test

    so basically , the card we have is a new firmware card so trying to test the outcome
    Currently cameras without the sdhc support - the cards does not work with them

    hope it help , we are not related to trek , just dealer selling their products . so information is what we being testing . hope we can give feed more information on our knowledge and testing asap to you guys soon


    we tested the transfer rates , those above 8gb and above it will take about 3 mins to transfer each pic , which we find it take awhile to transfer . Pictures around 4gb below , it quite fast . maybe it class 4 so it pretty slow to transfer those high ris picture
    Last edited by sgcamerastore; 8th October 2010 at 04:45 PM.

  10. #50
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Thank you SGCAMERASTORE for engaging CSers and clarifying.... good job ! !

    Keep us posted ....... this can only be positive for customer engagement
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

  11. #51

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Thanks for the information. I'm sure it will help those who are considering the product, cos the specs of the flu-card cannot be found anywhere, nor how some of the features could be achieved.

    Do you know how we can take photos on DSLR with the flu-card so we can preview on the iPad within a couple of seconds? Say on the D90, I can set it to take RAW+JPG(fine), can I set it so that I can preview the JPG(fine) on the iPad quickly after the photo is taken?

    Any idea the wifi is connected at 11b, 11g or 11n speed?


    There seems to be flu-card, flu-card motion and flu-card pro listed on the website. Which model is this being sold?

  12. #52
    Senior Member sgcamerastore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    No 3 Coleman Street
    Posts
    22,863

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    Thanks for the information. I'm sure it will help those who are considering the product, cos the specs of the flu-card cannot be found anywhere, nor how some of the features could be achieved.

    Do you know how we can take photos on DSLR with the flu-card so we can preview on the iPad within a couple of seconds? Say on the D90, I can set it to take RAW+JPG(fine), can I set it so that I can preview the JPG(fine) on the iPad quickly after the photo is taken?

    Any idea the wifi is connected at 11b, 11g or 11n speed?


    There seems to be flu-card, flu-card motion and flu-card pro listed on the website. Which model is this being sold?


    hi there , hope we can help from what we know



    the wifi connect from what we know is 11g
    current the models release there 2 models in the markets flucard and flucard motion

    the flucard is the first generation
    the flucard motion is second generation - release 2 week back ( the same time we got the stocks )
    flucard pro - not yet

    Ipad - not tested yet .

    but raw files can not be transfer from what we know

    basically from our view ,cards still have more rooms to be improve - maybe the class rates as class 4 is pretty slow for the transfer rates


    base from what we tried on Iphone , we turn on the card wifi and the Iphone wifi and connect and went to safari page and key in the card wifi Ip address and it connects with the card . Each time a pictures is take , u need to refresh the page to view the pictures . the thing about the card it does not download the whole pictures , Pictures that is being taken , if u need to download u need to click on the picture and download pictures that u want .

    The cards has it own built in menu so in-order to turn on the wifi of the card u have to go to the folders in the card and turn it on .

    those need to use the Cf card convertor , pls note there is 2 type to be use - type 1 and type 2
    Last edited by sgcamerastore; 8th October 2010 at 04:14 PM.

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Bedok
    Posts
    1,129

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Very simple, would you want all those bad comment or bad information to be leak out in CS?

    bad for the sales.
    That's depend on what type of dealer then..

    A reputable and responsible dealer will release all facts about the product openly and not withheld any information from customers and potential clients.

  14. #54

    Wink Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    I have just bought a Flucard myself and friends asked me to join this forum to pick up tips and share experiences. As I read through the thread, I realised the experiences of some of you are different from mine ... not sure if I have used it correctly ?

    Anyway, I was impressed with the photo sharing feature where I could use the Flucard to send pictures from one camera to another without the need of my computer or a router. I can imagine even in a jungle, I could share photos with my friend if I have a good precious shot without waiting to be home on my computer or email.

    I saw the SDHC logo on the Flucard ... so unsure why some say this is not SD compliant ?
    On the contrary, I noticed that Eye Fi does not even have a write protect swtich .. which I thought is part of the SD specifications ? so is Eye Fi SD compliant ?

    The other cool feature I like is Flucard enables easy connectivity to my iPad and Mobile Phone ( with Wi Fi ).
    There is no software that I need to dowload or install.
    Just connect the Flucard and launch my browser.
    Key in the IP address and I could see my photos from my camera on the iPad and Mobile phone just like that.
    Well I used this feature to send some nice photos to my friends through my mobile phone.

    I also heard from a friend who has attended a meeting at Trek office last week, some sort of shareholder meeting .. and Flucard was demonstrated and the CEO gave some insight to the roadmaps and developments.
    They are already working with Japanese camera manuafacturers on the Flucard.
    Friend says the Flucard is scalable and we can also upgrade our card with new firmware in the future ...

    sorry, first time in this forum, may be too lengthy.

  15. #55

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    oh come on....i've just walked out of Challenger feeling more than satisfied.
    Being a photography enthusiast myself, not being able to burn my pocket and able to share photos is what i've been waiting for all these while....

    According to Challenger's pretty sales chick, the FLU CARD version is upgradable and coming up with new applications LEH..

    i used to think that "Ang Mohs" is superior than us Asians but with the Thumbdrives and FLU CARD now being invented by SINGAPOREAN, i can't help but say i am Darn Proud to be one.

    Most importantly being a Singaporean, we should back our compatriots instead of backing those "COMPANIES" that does REVERSE ENGINEERING.... dont you guys agree? TIO BOH??

    STAND UP FOR SINGAPORE MAN.....CHEERS TO FLU CARD....can't wait to tempt my BRO tomorrow during his wedding when everybody have his photo by taking a single snap on my CANON 5DMARK II.....

  16. #56

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    I checked ... and was told 802.11b/g now and n on the next version

  17. #57

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    hello Tikoliang, I like your patriotism. Trek has really done Singapore proud with the ThumbDrive and now the Flucard ... my friend at the shareholder meeting says their CEO is very visionary. Share price have been rising too due to the positive prospects of the company in the coming years of this Flucard roadmap. It will be unlike ThumbDrive but will be bigger now that Toshiba and the Japanese camera makers are involved .. you can check out some news at New Insight.

  18. #58

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion King View Post

    Anyway, I was impressed with the photo sharing feature where I could use the Flucard to send pictures from one camera to another without the need of my computer or a router. I can imagine even in a jungle, I could share photos with my friend if I have a good precious shot without waiting to be home on my computer or email.

    I saw the SDHC logo on the Flucard ... so unsure why some say this is not SD compliant ?
    On the contrary, I noticed that Eye Fi does not even have a write protect swtich .. which I thought is part of the SD specifications ? so is Eye Fi SD compliant ?

    The other cool feature I like is Flucard enables easy connectivity to my iPad and Mobile Phone ( with Wi Fi ).
    There is no software that I need to dowload or install.
    Just connect the Flucard and launch my browser.
    Key in the IP address and I could see my photos from my camera on the iPad and Mobile phone just like that.
    Well I used this feature to send some nice photos to my friends through my mobile phone.

    I also heard from a friend who has attended a meeting at Trek office last week, some sort of shareholder meeting .. and Flucard was demonstrated and the CEO gave some insight to the roadmaps and developments.
    They are already working with Japanese camera manuafacturers on the Flucard.
    Friend says the Flucard is scalable and we can also upgrade our card with new firmware in the future ...

    sorry, first time in this forum, may be too lengthy.
    Finally someone who brought the card and have experience it.

    I got a couple of questions in mind :P

    Do flu card do direct upload picture to the devices? seem like it does not base on what you mention. Which means, I need to "login to certain webpages to view then select download". What happen if I don't have a device that can login to webpage?

    For file transfer from a 1 cam to another cam, you need to have 2 flu card right?

    By the way, how many different brand of camera did you try with the new firmware?

    maybe you can share with everyone here in CS or best why not ask ur friend who have attended the Trek meeting to open a new post about Flucard and share with us on the new feature and insight that would arouse the interest of everyone.

  19. #59

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    Hi ppl, Lets not going into Kopitiam topic here. Lets keep this review clean for the purpose of sharing to fellow CS. Thank you

  20. #60

    Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

    I agree.
    Let me find sometime to get more hands-on and share.
    I am beginnging to like this forum

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123458 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •