Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Default Re: EYE-FI PRO 4GB SD Card Review

Thanks for the review. Appreciate the effort you put in from me.

However, this certainly wont work with Wireless@SG networks, cos you would need to login with ID and password. Thought this could be used outside of the home, like at hotspots, especially along Orchard Road, when you see beautiful birds *flying*/*walking* by.

Might as well tether to my notebook by wire then.
    Last edited by dingaroo; 22nd January 2010 at 05:23 PM.
    A picture a day keeps the blues away!

Can buy in Singapore?

Am I right to assume that with this card in ur camera, u can wirelessly transfer images from this card to your PC if u are at home with wireless network?
    I have a near-mint Olympus E-620 Underwater Case for Sale. PM me for a great deal!

Quote Originally Posted by dingaroo View Post
    Thanks for the review. Appreciate the effort you put in from me.

However, this certainly wont work with Wireless@SG networks, cos you would need to login with ID and password. Thought this could be used outside of the home, like at hotspots, especially along Orchard Road, when you see beautiful birds *flying*/*walking* by.

Might as well tether to my notebook by wire then.
    Yes it can't work with wireless@SG as there is a requirement to sign in. But it does have the hotspot build in and these hotspot function sad to say only applicable in USA or certain region of Euro.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Can buy in Singapore?

Am I right to assume that with this card in ur camera, u can wirelessly transfer images from this card to your PC if u are at home with wireless network?
    Yes, you are right.

The new Eye-Fi Pro X2 supposed to work better at ad-hoc mode and faster 802.11n wireless connection.

If you pair it up with M1 mobile hotspot, you will be able to upload the pic anywhere in singapore

http://m1.com.sg/M1/site/M1Corp/menu...te:1003250949:

I have try the latest config for this eye-fi. I have download a software call mywi. This software enable your iphone to become a hotspot wifi router. quite impressive. if not, go for HTC HD2 mobile phone. This model got a build in WIFI router. also work the same as hotspot device too

it would be nice if someone can review the following setup:

ad-hoc pairing of the eye-fi card to an ipad

if this works, i can have my ipad in my backpack while i shoot photos. the pics should auto-transfer to the ipad without any intervention from me.

So far i dont have Ipad, but can try testing it out on Iphone, should be the same. Do wait for the write up soon.

Okie, Finally did a test setup using eye-fi with Iphone.

No problem. Eye-fi work like a charm. I can shoot and send to my iphone.

If anyone got other combo maybe can share in this post.
    Last edited by peterpan1975; 25th September 2010 at 08:09 PM.

If the iPhone ia acting as a "router".. can it still receive files to "itself"? (your example is iPad or Iphone as display?)

You mentioned show on iPhone but then where does the ipad comes in? Why need to JB iPad?
    Last edited by Limsgp; 23rd September 2010 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Limsgp View Post
    If the iPhone ia acting as a "router".. can it still receive files to "itself"? (your example is iPad or Iphone as display?)

You mentioned show on iPhone but then where does the ipad comes in? Why need to JB iPad?
    Yes, It can receive files to itself. Why need JB? cos that apps "myWi" only can be purchase thru cyndia. IPad is the same as Iphone only with the phone function. That means, it work the same way as my demostration.

Meaning, i can bring just my ipad and camera and still show case wireless file transfer to big screen for visual display.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Above setup should work with Jailbreak Ipad + myWi + shutter snitch.
    ok.. maybe I missed that part..

You're saying that it works on iPhone and should works on iPad.. but iPad is not part of the test.. got it..

Flu card is in SG lao. I manage to try this card but having some bad experience. Anyone who got that card, please feel free to contribute. Sadly, i would have to say that flu card is not very well design and compare to eye-Fi compatibility to general popular camera brand, this one is really a let down. Im updating the eye-fi compatibility list at the first page.

Latest camera tested: Panasonic G2. No issue. Work like a charm with EYE-Fi card. Currently waiting to purchase eye-Fi pro x2 card. Hopefully all paper work and arrangement can finish soon for the next level review :P

Looks good! Thanks for the review!

I got frz asking me what the different between Flucard vs eye-fi. Here are my finding.

Eye-fi

config once and allow you to plug and play to any cam any time. No reconfig require if collection device is fix (eg: laptop or ipad)

** meaning, if pre config to D90, just take out the card and slot in to D3000 and it still work. No reconfiguration require **

Flucard:

config once for each camera before use and to 1 single collection device only. (meaning, if you use it on D90 and want to share the card on D3000, you need to reconfig flucard on
    D3000 all over again.

I believe to have the Eye Fi to work with iPad, without any additional device, you will need the following :

1. Eye Fi X2 Pro
    2. iPad (jailbreak and install mywi)
    3. Shuttersnitch app

If you google online, someone already has done it....

If you do not want to jailbreak your iPad, or your iPad is not jailbreakable at this time, you will need to have probably a mifi or phone that can act as a wifi router in btw both devices.

This is actually the first time I read about flucard, but it seems it does not provide a lot of information on the flucard, like what is it a Class 6 SD, or Wifi 11n?

The online price seems expensive too, at USD180 compared to the listed USD150 for Eye Fi X2 Pro. Not sure on the actual street price for Flucard cos can't find it anywhere on ebay too.

The lowest Eye Fi X2 Pro I've seen so far on ebay is selling at USD115 inclusive free shipping to US.

I've just got my iPad, so trying to hunt for a cheap Eye Fi X2 Pro (new or 2nd hand now)

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post
    I believe to have the Eye Fi to work with iPad, without any additional device, you will need the following :

1. Eye Fi X2 Pro
    3. Shuttersnitch app

If you do not want to jailbreak your iPad, or your iPad is not jailbreakable at this time, you will need to have probably a mifi or phone that can act as a wifi router in btw both devices.

This is actually the first time I read about flucard, but it seems it does not provide a lot of information on the flucard, like what is it a Class 6 SD, or Wifi 11n?

The online price seems expensive too, at USD180 compared to the listed USD150 for Eye Fi X2 Pro. Not sure on the actual street price for Flucard cos can't find it anywhere on ebay too.

The lowest Eye Fi X2 Pro I've seen so far on ebay is selling at USD115 inclusive free shipping to US.

I've just got my iPad, so trying to hunt for a cheap Eye Fi X2 Pro (new or 2nd hand now)
    the online price of flucard @ US$180.00 for TWO pieces.
    You can get flucard at sgcamerastore beside the stores listed in the flucard site.
    FluCard Wireless connectivity SD Card ( www.sgcamerastore.com)

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by CyberTron88 View Post

1. Eye Fi X2 Pro
    3. Shuttersnitch app

I have successfully done that setup like you mention. And it work like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    the online price of flucard @ US$180.00 for TWO pieces.
    You can get flucard at sgcamerastore beside the stores listed in the flucard site.
    FluCard Wireless connectivity SD Card ( www.sgcamerastore.com)

sgcamerastore.com also does not have any much info on the specification of flucard and the comparable camera model. I brought one Flu card but end up reject it cos non of my cam can work with that card. Not to mention on the spot open a new Flu card and test also fail.
    I would suggest those who really interested in that card, bring your gear along. If not, the chances of re-visit that store is quite high.

The details on the flu card is very sparse. Anyone got the answers to the following?

Any idea if the flu card uses 11n or 11g?
    Is it a class 4,6 or 10 SD?
    Can it connect to an ad hoc wifi network?
    Can it work with shuttersnitch (or other similar app or dun even need) on iPad?
    Can it be configure to upload RAW and/or JPG to iPad?
    Does it with work on a D90?
    Last edited by CyberTron88; 8th October 2010 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    I have successfully done that setup like you mention. And it work like a charm.

sgcamerastore.com also does not have any much info on the specification of flucard and the comparable camera model. I brought one Flu card but end up reject it cos non of my cam can work with that card. Not to mention on the spot open a new Flu card and test also fail.
    I would suggest those who really interested in that card, bring your gear along. If not, the chances of re-visit that store is quite high.
    thanks for sharing, it is recommended to confirm working before ones decide buy the flucard, or else it will become a very expensive memory card.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast