Thread: wedding photography

Default wedding photography

Im trying out wedding photography, for a start what body does a wedding photographer uses for its shoot. im currently owning a d90...isit gd enuff? what other stuffs do i need for the shoot. My cuzzin is having an engagement ceremony. so im trying out for a start.

Default Re: wedding photography

D90 is sure good enough

Quote Originally Posted by hazwanosman View Post
    Im trying out wedding photography, for a start what body does a wedding photographer uses for its shoot. im currently owning a d90...isit gd enuff? what other stuffs do i need for the shoot. My cuzzin is having an engagement ceremony. so im trying out for a start.
    A D90 is good enough for you to take wedding photos. If you are new to wedding photography, the more important thing is to get yourself familiarised with the wedding day process, what activities it involves, in general, how things happen in a typical wedding day. This is so that you can anticipate and react accordingly.

Body is sufficient more than enough.. Just need to have proper lenses to play along with it..

Firstly, you will need to master your D90 body controls. In wedding photography, there is little time for you to find the controls if you didn't know your control well.

Shoot more and master your manual is a good start.

1. 24-70mm lens is a good add. If you in budget, D90 kit lens will do a good job also.
    2. a flash. at least a SB600. same if you in budget, Di622 is recommended.
    3. as other people said, you must be very sure about the program on that day to avoid miss any moments. ====> A bad shot is still better than a miss.
    Bokelicious Photography : www.bokelicious.net --- Facebook.com/bokelicious

Quote Originally Posted by hazwanosman View Post
    D90 is good enough.

-Hotshoe flash, get Nikon proprietary flashes
    -Fast and affordable prime lenses like the 35 1.8 or 50 1.8

Get either one will do. If you don't see yourself taking up wedding/low-light/event photography seriously in the long run, I suggest you use your pop-up flash with those puffer diffusers.

Very Good Enough

If you got some money buy Speed light like SB600.

Get a wide to mid tele lens must be able to shoot in low light condition. best is to know how to guide the couples on the tea serving procedure, taking families & group pics and what to do etc..