Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

  1. #1
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Question Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Hi.

    I would like to ask if it is possible to take photos in Changi Airport? (T1, T2 and T3)
    Inside the building and also outside.

    Have anyone tried shooting before?

    Will I be chased away by the guards?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    I did not dare to take photos even with my PnS camera.

    I was a foreigner and I am scared of Singapore laws like hell. If you do something which will get you fined for $100 in Malaysia (e.g.) it will get you fined 100 times higher (or perhaps imprison you) in Singapore.

    So I gave up on that. Even in the city I took a photo from High court's door (in front of Parliament) and the guard looked at me in a way that I made my pants wet

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    475

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Not an issue. However you are not allowed to take pictures of the customs/immigration area. Was warned politely by one of the customs officer when i did that... no fine thou

  4. #4
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by skareb View Post
    Not an issue. However you are not allowed to take pictures of the customs/immigration area. Was warned politely by one of the customs officer when i did that... no fine thou
    That means the viewing mall, walkway, taxi stand, the seats and restaurant is alright?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by siamak View Post
    I did not dare to take photos even with my PnS camera.

    I was a foreigner and I am scared of Singapore laws like hell. If you do something which will get you fined for $100 in Malaysia (e.g.) it will get you fined 100 times higher (or perhaps imprison you) in Singapore.

    So I gave up on that. Even in the city I took a photo from High court's door (in front of Parliament) and the guard looked at me in a way that I made my pants wet
    Wahaha I figure that you are quite the scaredy-cat. Hehe..

  6. #6

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    That means the viewing mall, walkway, taxi stand, the seats and restaurant is alright?
    That is alright of course. Dun go up to restricted areas and you'll be fine.

  7. #7
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidil Omar View Post
    That is alright of course. Dun go up to restricted areas and you'll be fine.
    That means no photography at the check-in counters area?

  8. #8
    Member eosandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Land of smiles
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    That means no photography at the check-in counters area?
    If it's travelling compnions you are shooting, no issue except for immigration & customs areas as previously said. Never had any issues taking shots in any terminal buildings, departure gates or at check-in areas... guess it depends if you look suspicious or not?

    Shoot and be happy!
    Learning DSLR control http://stormtrigger.blogspot.com/

  9. #9

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aidil Omar View Post
    Wahaha I figure that you are quite the scaredy-cat. Hehe..
    Yes, when I see scaring dogs

    Once (when I had newly came to Malaysia) two guards took me hostage when I was shooting in a market (Mega Mal in Penang) and they had a very ugly behavior with me and my ex-wife.

    I never again want to be in a similar situation. It is disgusting to be questioned for such things. Especially for me that respect the laws more than most of the people.

  10. #10
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by shaoken View Post
    Hi.

    I would like to ask if it is possible to take photos in Changi Airport? (T1, T2 and T3)
    Inside the building and also outside.

    Have anyone tried shooting before?

    Will I be chased away by the guards?

    Thanks.
    Did you do a search before starting this?

    there is a thread asking exactly the same question two weeks ago. Photo Taking at Changi Airport

    and if you did a thread title search with Changi Airport, you can see so members has already tried and post many photos of Changi Airport.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  11. #11
    Deregistered shaoken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Clementi/West Coast
    Posts
    2,115

    Default Re: Photography Allowed in Changi Airport?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Did you do a search before starting this?

    there is a thread asking exactly the same question two weeks ago. Photo Taking at Changi Airport

    and if you did a thread title search with Changi Airport, you can see so members has already tried and post many photos of Changi Airport.
    Oh.. Thanks for you help.

    To the others, a great thanks too!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •