Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon EF 50mm f1.8 Mark II - Do you always shot at f1.8 ???

Default Re: Canon EF 50mm f1.8 Mark II - Do you always shot at f1.8 ???

Quote Originally Posted by denvor86 View Post
    Hi all, I am rather new to DSLR and was currently looking and thinking of getting this lens too.. was reading ard and got to see all your comments and pts.. Could you please emphasis more on the SPOT METERING n SPOT AF? Dun quite understand on this.. thanks
    Spot metering is explained in your manual - provided the camera has this feature (not all have). This means: exposure metering is done only considering the central spot of the image in the viewfinder. This is helpful to eliminate other light sources in the frame from the metering and to make sure the central object (e.g. face of a person) is properly metered.
    Spot AF is incorrect. Most cameras offer 2 different ways of selecting AF points: automatic detection by camera or manual selection (of either a single AF point or multiple AF points in a group - depending on model). Read your manual about the possibilities on your camera. Many people use the central AF point only due to its increased sensitivity (read about cross-type vs. single type AF points). But the other points are by no means useless, sometimes it's even better to use them (see "focus and recompose")
    More to read here: Digital Photography Tutorials
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf View Post
    Hmmm...Have U tried SPOT METERING n SPOT AF at f2.8?

From the pix, seems like it's on Local AF with Multiple Metering Mode in Use hense a NOT SO SHARP Image...

correct me if I'm Wrong....
    Hi,Bro. You are quite spot on. I was using evaluative metering (multipoint), guess i should do a center-weighted or a spot-metering.

What you guys thinK. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Spot metering is explained in your manual - provided the camera has this feature (not all have). This means: exposure metering is done only considering the central spot of the image in the viewfinder. This is helpful to eliminate other light sources in the frame from the metering and to make sure the central object (e.g. face of a person) is properly metered.
    Spot AF is incorrect. Most cameras offer 2 different ways of selecting AF points: automatic detection by camera or manual selection (of either a single AF point or multiple AF points in a group - depending on model). Read your manual about the possibilities on your camera. Many people use the central AF point only due to its increased sensitivity (read about cross-type vs. single type AF points). But the other points are by no means useless, sometimes it's even better to use them (see "focus and recompose")
    More to read here: Digital Photography Tutorials
    Wah, very chim. I am using canon 40D thou =)

Ya, I do!

F1.8 can make the background very blur. But the important thing is if you shoot at >1 ppl then mus take attention on the their position.

For example, If one of them in front a bit or they are keep a distance, may cause the blur effect on the ppl you ori wan to shot!

Anyway, It is a very good lens at its price! although It's focus speed very unacceptable sometime!

Cheers,
    Tim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12