Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Can a F707 last 1 year?

  1. #1

    Default Can a F707 last 1 year?

    In technological advances, can a Sony F707 last for one year? I'm planning to get myself a F707 via installments, but I'm afraid it will become obsolete...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Bedok
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    It is a good camera with good performance.
    Canon Lover :)

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    12,938

    Default

    it can last >10 years if you maintain it properly whether it become obselete or not depends more on you than technological advances.

    I'm upgrading to a 3rd digicam soon (if the price is right). the previous and current one are not obseleted by technolgy; I "obseleted" them
    Last edited by mpenza; 1st May 2002 at 11:07 PM.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Barring product failure, theft, damages, etc, it depends only on one thing - YOU. If you can control the urge to upgrade, etc, then it will last you a long time.

    I myself has used my 2 megapixel Nikon Coolpix 950 for nearly 2.5 years already.

    The F707 is a very capable camera, it should give you years of use and great pictures if taken care of properly.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default



    my F707 only lasted 4 mths for me....


    actually is depends on what u shoot and how demanding are u lor...if not there is not need to upgrade even there are new model come out
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  6. #6

    Default

    Is there any other digicams with the same features as the F707 like ISO Settings\Apeture\Shutterspeed or even better while being lower in MP?

  7. #7
    konei
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by Necroist
    Is there any other digicams with the same features as the F707 like ISO Settings\Apeture\Shutterspeed or even better while being lower in MP?

    You can look at the Minolta Dimage 5 for that.

  8. #8

    Default

    Minolta? Ever since my Minolta Zoom EX1500 digicam, I'll never wanna touch minolta digicams again...

    Drains too much power..

  9. #9
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Originally posted by Necroist
    Is there any other digicams with the same features as the F707 like ISO Settings\Apeture\Shutterspeed or even better while being lower in MP?
    Try the Sony DSC-S85. Quite a decent camera.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Originally posted by kamwai


    my F707 only lasted 4 mths for me....


    actually is depends on what u shoot and how demanding are u lor...if not there is not need to upgrade even there are new model come out
    I believe the F707 is more than enough for most people. What you shoot and how demanding you are should be questioned on the photographer him/herself first, not the camera. Many people just don't take time enough to learn what their cameras can do for them.

  11. #11

    Default

    IMHO, any digi cam above 5MP with good lenses should last you a life time. If the cam can print decent A3 photos now, it still can in the next few years if you take care of it properly. DigiCam has been in a more stable status now...although there are still rooms for improvement, that might not mean much to an amatuer...or me...
    DR KOH KHO KING

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    Originally posted by Kit


    I believe the F707 is more than enough for most people. What you shoot and how demanding you are should be questioned on the photographer him/herself first, not the camera. Many people just don't take time enough to learn what their cameras can do for them.
    i know what are the good and bad points abt my F707 very well...and i know what i need, and i found that F707 is not good enough to satisfy my need, therefore I was convinced that i need an upgrade.

    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    I am using the 707 too..it's more then enough for me. For a digital cam..it's more then enough. Unless u wanna slr type. not not up to the standard to handle something like D30 etc

  14. #14

    Default

    I did intend to get a normal SLR instead actually but if I count the cost of a good lens, + developing costs of flim and flim costs together with my inexperience and newbieness to photography, its not worth it.

    Moreover digital cams allow me to view my pictures immediately, letting me analyse what is right and wrong.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Originally posted by Necroist
    I did intend to get a normal SLR instead actually but if I count the cost of a good lens, + developing costs of flim and flim costs together with my inexperience and newbieness to photography, its not worth it.

    Moreover digital cams allow me to view my pictures immediately, letting me analyse what is right and wrong.

    That's the best part of Digital Photography....save cost in long run.

  16. #16
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default

    Originally posted by Necroist
    I did intend to get a normal SLR instead actually but if I count the cost of a good lens, + developing costs of flim and flim costs together with my inexperience and newbieness to photography, its not worth it.

    Moreover digital cams allow me to view my pictures immediately, letting me analyse what is right and wrong.
    Define "its not worth it". Are you saying you would rather save money on film costs and go digital or are you saying its just plain silly to go with film when there's digital?

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Once I feel I am there...I will get a slr cam...

  18. #18

    Default

    Originally posted by Kit


    Define "its not worth it". Are you saying you would rather save money on film costs and go digital or are you saying its just plain silly to go with film when there's digital?
    I'm not that good with words, what I meant was, at this point of time, it doesn't justify me to get an SLR while I'm still a major newbie in this field.

    I'll definately invest in a SLR once I get better and at least know most technical aspect of this field.

  19. #19

    Default

    Btw, can a F707 be hooked up into a webcam or something? HEHE.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    somewhere near...
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Originally posted by Necroist
    Btw, can a F707 be hooked up into a webcam or something? HEHE.
    nope

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •