Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning camera bag??

Default Re: Cleaning camera bag??

Quote Originally Posted by kohhy6 View Post
    Thanks for all CSer suggestion and crack some jokes I am trying to get rid of the odour
    more than those dust and stain. Some time even I myself can't stand the smell
    Soak in soapy solution overnight then wash...
    that solved the problem with my white color KATA bag that turned grey from 6mths of use n gg through a sand storm overseas.... wa ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by eng60232 View Post
    My sentiment too

Quote Originally Posted by kohhy6 View Post
    Anybody had experience cleaning those backpack style of camera bag? I wanted to find out
    the easiest way of cleaning.

All the method that come to my mind is to take out all the padding & dump it in the washing
    machine. Dear CS forumer please help!
    Quote Originally Posted by eng60232 View Post
    that solved the problem with my white color KATA bag that turned grey from 6mths of use n gg through a sand storm overseas.... wa ha ha
    I wash my beloved NG bags by soaking it in kao/dynamo solution overnight. The next day take it out and give it a simple rinse in a pail of clean water followed by a half hour washing machine wash and tumble dry. Add a little kao front loading wash powder to the wash. After washing, let it air dry under direct sunlight. Should take about 1 to 2 days to completely dry out. Don't hang it anywhere near the kitchen as the cooking oil vapours will encourage future fungus growth.

After completely drying out, you may want to spay a thin layer of 3M waterproofing spray to prevent moisture from soaking through the material.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12