Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Ring flash attachment?

  1. #1

    Default Ring flash attachment?

    May I know if any of you guys are using this?





    How is it?

  2. #2
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Ring flash attachment?

    so only can shoot in portrait mode? and has to use left eye only?

    what if want to shoot landscape mode, photographer need to open the mouth to let the metal lid go inside his mouth else eye can't reach the viewfinder?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  3. #3

    Default Re: Ring flash attachment?

    http://strobist.blogspot.com/2009/10...es-abr800.html

    this ought to give you some insights on the 2 popular ring-flash attachments plus a proper studio ringflash thrown in for comparison..

  4. #4

    Default Re: Ring flash attachment?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    so only can shoot in portrait mode? and has to use left eye only?

    what if want to shoot landscape mode, photographer need to open the mouth to let the metal lid go inside his mouth else eye can't reach the viewfinder?
    Haha catchlights, you can hold the lid in your mouth to give extra support to the camera

  5. #5

    Default Re: Ring flash attachment?

    yeah i have to agree with catchlights... the ray flash (http://www.artworkfoto.com/flash_accessories.html) looks much more comfortable in the chin department haha

  6. #6

    Default Re: Ring flash attachment?

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    so only can shoot in portrait mode? and has to use left eye only?

    what if want to shoot landscape mode, photographer need to open the mouth to let the metal lid go inside his mouth else eye can't reach the viewfinder?
    nice observation

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Chan View Post
    http://strobist.blogspot.com/2009/10...es-abr800.html

    this ought to give you some insights on the 2 popular ring-flash attachments plus a proper studio ringflash thrown in for comparison..
    thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by aprilmoon92 View Post
    yeah i have to agree with catchlights... the ray flash (http://www.artworkfoto.com/flash_accessories.html) looks much more comfortable in the chin department haha
    the rayflash looks a bit filmsy tho

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •