Thread: Help having problem with my Cf

Default Help having problem with my Cf

recently when my camera (400D) go low batt i switch off my camera n change a battery. after i switch on again i got problem with my camera card reader. it read on my screen as " there a problem with ur CF card pls replace"

1. does anyone encounter this problem??
    2. can i done anything to save the pic inside??
    3. how much is a Cf card?? let say it 4gb or 8gb
    4. does cf card of different brand affect shooting?? or affect anything??? cos in the market there some expensive card
    5. any recommendation for card?

thanks alot for answering my question.... learning alot from this forum cos around me no one is in shooting.

Default Re: Help having problem with my Cf

What brand is your CF card? I believe Sandisk's higher end CF cards come bundled with recovery software that may help you salvage your files. Not sure if the software will work with non-Sandisk CF cards. Ask around to see if anyone might have the software and can help you with the recovery.

Price - I am not familiar with Singapore's CF card prices. I recently bought a few 8GB Ultra Sandisk CF cards (30MB/s) in the US for US$23 each.

Mostly the speed and the brand of the card is what I look at. The faster the better lor, but will cost more obviously, but note that your camera's write speed will likely be the bottleneck once you get past a certain speed, depending on your camera.
    Last edited by neech7; 23rd December 2009 at 03:38 AM.

Also, I suggest sticking with well known brands like Sandisk and Lexar. Also format your card often to minimize corruption problem. Format inside your camera, not from your computer.

I encountered the same problem on my Kingston CF which I got it freed from the Nikon Christmas bundle. Luckily, the photo still ok.

If it's under warranty, just go back to the shop for a 1 to 1 exchange which I did but I upgrade my CF to a higher end Scan Disk Brand.

Kimgston CF card are mass production so it really depend on your luck to get a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by ah-king View Post
    1. does anyone encounter this problem??
    2. can i done anything to save the pic inside??
    3. how much is a Cf card?? let say it 4gb or 8gb
    4. does cf card of different brand affect shooting?? or affect anything??? cos in the market there some expensive card
    5. any recommendation for card?
    1. Nope. Might be that due to low battery a certain write process wasn't properly finished. But that should not have such results.
    2. Search the forum for "picture recovery" or similar terms - you'll find lots of other people with the same issue: they need to recover images. Plenty of tips, plenty of software links.
    3. How much is a car? (Yes, car.) - It's depending on brand, model, capacity ... Sandisk and Lexar are recommended here. My Kingston cards do still well.
    4. For your 40D you don't need any high speed cards. Have a look here, select your camera o top and compare the results of performance: http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...e.asp?cid=6007
    5. See the results, see earlier responses.
    Btw: Lifetime warranty means: they will replace the card - BUT NOT recover any images. That's your job.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by ah-king View Post
    learning alot from this forum cos around me no one is in shooting.
    Can go to gathering and outings section in this forums to pop by these outings. can meet more photogs to get more exposure!