Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: nowadays, people carry dslr when shopping...

Default Re: nowadays, people carry dslr when shopping...

That remind me even many years ago... There was a time some ppl will carry a St Dupont lighter in their hand... Open and close it non stop... It goes Ping Pong... Ping Pong... Back then Orchard Rd is so musical...

i think i should start carry a m9 with me when shopping...look more "rich" ...but actually broke

..knock knock the camera* Maybe its a shell

...my wife think I am crrazy also...cos I carry my cam with me practically everywhere...and shoot practically anything I find interesting....but my D700 has just a manual pancake and devoid of straps...so look kinda beat-up..SC abt 80K and counting....people laugh when they hear its a manual lens....

if you can afford it, flaunt it?

anyway why bother abt them when they do not affect you? Ain't that great that since more and more ppl are buying dslrs, perhaps the prices will get even more competitive and in turn, we benefit?? cameras got no COE attached unlike cars...

i suppose it's the 'elitist' pov that irks one whenever he/she sees another with a dslr slung around their necks, entry level or not. The 'I'm-now-a-pro-photographer-and-you're-not-so-please-just-stick-to-a-pns' attitude.

Sometimes, after taking a shot, simply just too lazy to keep the camera as it too troublesome. So just sling across and keep walking until can find target to shoot again. I feel it rather common nowadays since DSLR is cheaper for the entry level. I saw a guy who hang D3 with 24-70mm lens on his chest and just go around shopping, absolutely ok too, promote the camera mah.

Quote Originally Posted by hisokaka View Post
    its a new fashion statement nowadays, so bring out ur cams and hang over ur neck like a new necklace
    no lar, like that very tired one. just sling one of those small camera bag can liao.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Photographers, or DSLR-users?

You decide.

Aiya.....let them hang loh......

today i'm shopping at town, so many ppls is hanging their DSLR inside the mall.
    Actually good also, DSLR become so common that those security guard wouldn't stop us and tell us no professional photography inside the mall.

so meaning keeping the camera in a bag would makes it lighter than slinging it over your shoulder? duh.

my gf always like to shop when we are on shooting trip.
    In and out of malls until sian.
    Instead of keeping and taking out the camera out of bag every 15-30mins, I just sling it on my neck till i find my next subject within the mall.
    So it's more of practicality.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Just got back here after a year being overseas... totally agree that there's a lot of DSLR users slinging their camera in Orchard Road.
    Learning the art of lighting...

Quote Originally Posted by dohcvtec View Post
    Just got back here after a year being overseas... totally agree that there's a lot of DSLR users slinging their camera in Orchard Road.
    Welcome back

Well. if u encounter something interesting, guess who is this getting that shot..that noob with kit lens or some pro with his cam in his bag..

Got to accept that a DSLR is going to be common, maybe not like mobilephone, but its just another electronic gadget, not some 'artist' tool reserved for few with 'creative' vision or something..

For many, its just a 'better' tool for recording memories that doesnt cost as much nowadays.
    A DSLR is no big deal.

The society is improving. People upgrade to DSLR. This is their turning point, to become more creative, or learning to be creative.
    When DSLR becomes common, pictures of your memory becomes better quality.
    More people would come into this hobby.
    There will be more competition for this art.
    Consumer prices for DSLR will go down for the economies of scale.
    Photographer holding DSLR wont be under scrutiny.

Just dont understand why the arty-farty making lots of noise. They must be showing off all along I guess.
    Or maybe the ones making noise is not even an artist.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Just imagine going in and out shopping centers will sure fog their lenses very often.

Quote Originally Posted by Piscus65 View Post
    Why arent they carrying their camera bags??? It makes me wonder the lack of care for their camera equipment or like someone said making a fashion statement, showing off with a pro body....It will sure break their heart if the camera or lens hit the ground or something. Think thrice before slinging them on you.
    why do you care when its isn't yours. just keep yours safe will do/

oh no i always carry my DSLR everywhere even when walking my dog!!

maybe people think i'm a poseur.. jialat

Yesterday I was outside a shopping mall when I saw this older guy, not very well dressed, seems a little lost, but what's impressive was what's hanging over his neck - a Canon 1 series!

Old man rich what. He goes into camera shop ask what camera good, the salesman tells him Canon 1 series good. He look and count that the camera is not even 1/10 of his CPF saving and his wife KPKB his recent visit 芽笼路 too much liao. So he decided to get it for better upskirt photo @ escalators in orchard. JKing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast