Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: nowadays, people carry dslr when shopping...

Default Re: nowadays, people carry dslr when shopping...

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    it is now a common sight.. not heavy meh ?
    I see a lot of those carry like never use one. I am starting to guess that those cameras maybe are dummy sets which explains why can sling so comfortably.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

I am sure they are not carrying those F2 what 400mm lens
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    if they carry they think too heavy liao
    Flickr FB
    Nikon Minolta Panasonic User

Quote Originally Posted by Piscus65 View Post
    Why arent they carrying their camera bags??? It makes me wonder the lack of care for their camera equipment or like someone said making a fashion statement, showing off with a pro body....It will sure break their heart if the camera or lens hit the ground or something. Think thrice before slinging them on you.
    i've been seeing people carrying camera bags without camera...... those pink pink ones from peninsula there......
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

Thats nothing special.... wait till you see those bros in the medium format forum go shopping with the gear~
    Canon: 5DMKIII & 40D|17-40L|70-200f4ISL|100Macro|Sigma30|580EXII| Olympus: EP3|25mm f1.4

people tend to buy a dslr with kit lens to use a quality point and shoot these days, as a fashion statement, they will buy a battery grip to make their camera look bigger and with added bling.

Actually we are lazy to carry out our camera bag ..

Most lazy is just carry PNS around ...

We sling our DSLR to central to Siam to MBK to pray at the four faces buddha in bkk ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

and some people who are really interested in photography, but using kit lenses, got classified as poseurs. Sigh.

wow..so dslr has become a fashion accessory? i'd rather a vintage camera then. they just look so nice.
    last but no least, there's plenty of models and colors to choose from =D

Why arent they carrying their camera bags??? It makes me wonder the lack of care for their camera equipment or like someone said making a fashion statement, showing off with a pro body....It will sure break their heart if the camera or lens hit the ground or something. Think thrice before slinging them on you.
    Maybe they need see-through camera bags. That way people around them can see that they're carrying a FF or Pro DSLR or whatever, and their cameras are protected as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    Don't bet on it haha.

I was out shooting a sports event a couple of years ago and the g/f called and said she wanted some shopping done on the way home and the only shopping centre I'd reach in time was one well known for cars being broken in to. So rather than leave 3 super-teles in my vehicle I carried them around the supermarket. Did I get some wierd looks as had slung on me a 600/4, a 400/2.8 and an 800/5.6 all with D2X bodies and TC's attached.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by neech7 View Post
    Maybe they need see-through camera bags. That way people around them can see that they're carrying a FF or Pro DSLR or whatever, and their cameras are protected as well.
    Let's hope that whoever carries see-through camera bags wears see-through pants too.

...probabably to make those who don't have feel jealous or those who have but don't carry feel lazy.....

I on the other hand wonder why people buy camera to store in dry-boxes, taking out just to clean and then put back....

Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post
    ...probabably to make those who don't have feel jealous or those who have but don't carry feel lazy.....

I on the other hand wonder why people buy camera to store in dry-boxes, taking out just to clean and then put back....
    People buy XO and VSOP to display in cabinets. I asked someone once why don't drink the cognac, he said to let them age. But the truth is once it leaves the barrel, it stops aging. I think it is just to show off their wealth. Maybe these people will buy see-through dry-boxes to store their cameras

Sometimes I hang 2. Probably people think I am a photojournalist and siam me, especially in Geylang.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

i think im one of them :P
    its called noob

errr and what exactly is WRONG with not taking care of a pro body ?

Quote Originally Posted by Danntbt View Post

my dslr is in the dry cabinet more often due to the place i work in and most of the time, i only carry my compact with me.

felt that my d40 is rotting in the dry cabinet, perhaps is time to sell away...

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    it is now a common sight.. not heavy meh ?
    nowsaday how come i dont see anyone carrying handphones in their hands when they are walking about? Many years ago, it was so common to see people holding their precious phones in their hands on the streets. Has handphones become so hideous that they have to hide it away from view?

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    nowsaday how come i dont see anyone carrying handphones in their hands when they are walking about? Many years ago, it was so common to see people holding their precious phones in their hands on the streets. Has handphones become so hideous that they have to hide it away from view?
    I still hold my precious fat ugly handphone in my hand when i walk around. My camera, i still prefer it to be in the bag.
    Last edited by mabmy; 23rd December 2009 at 12:25 PM.
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast