Thread: sharpness

Default sharpness

hi can i check with ur . as i sometime find tt my pic just not SHARP enough . i've done all the setting shutter apreture iso etc . but i just cant get the sharpness like some pic i see in here . any1 know wads wrong ?
    shoot me pls

Default Re: sharpness

Wihtout any images or any explanation to put your question into context, its difficult to advise. Could be due to movement. Could be due to ambient lighting affecting local contrast. Did you do any sharpening in post editing?

TS: Do yourself a favour and post a photo of yours that you think is not sharp enough... Be sure to include your shot settings, shutter, aperture, ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by jun1502 View Post
    hi can i check with ur . as i sometime find tt my pic just not SHARP enough . i've done all the setting shutter apreture iso etc . but i just cant get the sharpness like some pic i see in here . any1 know wads wrong ?
    have you tried unsharp mask?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

hi bros, I'm new to photography and PP. Can i check what settings do you all use for unsharp mask? I usually do it at around 250% with 0.6 radius, what are your settings?
    Canon 60D | EF-S 15-85mm | EF 50mm f1.8 | flickr

There's no particular 'standard' as everyone's camera settings, lens, shooting situations etc are different, but generally, it's not good to over-sharpen.

Sharpness, btw, is a combination of several factors, with resolution being only one.

Why not post up a sample photo, LARGE, HI-RES, with exif data as well as post data.

A good picture need not be a sharp picture.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    "Seeing the light......."
    my flickr

As Galdor said, good picture need not be sharp picture; sometimes a picture if too sharp might not be suitable.

1. Have you try increase the sharpness level of your camera?
    2. Lighting problem?
    3. handshake?
    4. have you unsharp mask in photoshop?

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    erm..... I wouldn't say that this applies to all genres of photography......

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    erm..... I wouldn't say that this applies to all genres of photography......
    Well, then "a sharp picture may not be a good picture" should apply to all genres?
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

That is because post software sharpen is applied. Canon DPP software RGB sharpening is extremely good at making border sharp as compare to Arcsoft, OM and SPP.

Prime lens are are extremely good at producing sharp image natively, which in most case f16 is your max. Also your monitor plays a major part too when u look at one.

Finally, the size of the image web view also play a part. Those 600x400 and smaller are not accurate guide.

Quote Originally Posted by jun1502 View Post

1. get a tripod
    2. use cord to trigger or wireless trigger. avoid your finger press shutter cause shake.
    3. lowest ISO possible.
    Bokelicious Photography : www.bokelicious.net --- Facebook.com/bokelicious

Are you focusing correctly? AF servor vs single shot?