Thread: QN: Wide Angle Conversion Lens for LX3

Default QN: Wide Angle Conversion Lens for LX3

Hi guys.. Have been using the LX3 for quite some time now and have plans for a minor upgrade.. I am planning to buy a Wide Angle Conversion lens for it..

I am a noob to camera accessories hence need advice on which Wide Angle Lens shld I get? Original one or 3rd party ones?

Another question.. Understand that to use the Wide Angle Conversion lens on the LX3, I need to get an adapter too.. Is it important to get the original one? Can this adapter act as a Lens Hood on the LX3 when the WC Lens is nt attached?

Thanks..

Default Re: QN: Wide Angle Conversion Lens for LX3

Please seach around here for more answer. Anyway i did a small test on Pana LX3 with wide con.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=597699

Quote Originally Posted by mjzsakae View Post
    Hi guys.. Have been using the LX3 for quite some time now and have plans for a minor upgrade.. I am planning to buy a Wide Angle Conversion lens for it..

I am a noob to camera accessories hence need advice on which Wide Angle Lens shld I get? Original one or 3rd party ones?

Another question.. Understand that to use the Wide Angle Conversion lens on the LX3, I need to get an adapter too.. Is it important to get the original one? Can this adapter act as a Lens Hood on the LX3 when the WC Lens is nt attached?

Thanks..
    I bought both the original adapter and wide conversion lens for my LX3 and it's worth every penny. No, the adapter will not act as a hood for the lens. Usually I would recommend he original adapter.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

I brought a 3rd party from panda base 2 weeks ago and it worked like a charm! come with a adapter, wide lens and marco! for only 65SGD due to free shipping(HK)! for the price that I paid I can shoot things that I can never imagine! Go and grab one now!

Quote Originally Posted by wardbound View Post
    I brought a 3rd party from panda base 2 weeks ago and it worked like a charm! come with a adapter, wide lens and marco! for only 65SGD due to free shipping(HK)! for the price that I paid I can shoot things that I can never imagine! Go and grab one now!
    Can share the macro images? Cause I have been thinking of getting this combo or the raynox.

Quote Originally Posted by wardbound View Post
    wow.. bro.. that is so cool.. can share the link to the lens? and maybe share some sample pics from it too?

thanks!

just curious, will the image quality be affected by the brand of adapter you use?

shldn't be right?
    Last edited by mjzsakae; 22nd December 2009 at 01:52 PM.

Pictures in the link below. Let me know if you're interested in Raynox MSN 202. I can get it cheaper.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471880

Quote Originally Posted by Drexter View Post
    Pictures in the link below. Let me know if you're interested in Raynox MSN 202. I can get it cheaper.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471880
    Think he is interested in wide angle not macro :P

wow.. bro.. that is so cool.. can share the link to the lens? and maybe share some sample pics from it too?

thanks!

just curious, will the image quality be affected by the brand of adapter you use?

shldn't be right?
    http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI....=STRK:MEWAX:IT

bro.. thanks for the link.. the wide angle lens on the site is 0.45x.. if i use it on my lx3 i would get 10.8mm.. wouldn't it be too much?

does anyone have a sample of pic taken with lx3 at 10.8mm to share?

thanks..
    Last edited by mjzsakae; 23rd December 2009 at 12:25 PM.

bro.. thanks for the link.. the wide angle lens on the site is 0.45x.. if i use it on my lx3 i would get 10.8mm.. wouldn't it be too much?

does anyone have a sample of pic taken with lx3 at 10.8mm to share?

thanks..
    Seen some pics with 0.45x, looks quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by T3rmite View Post
    Think he is interested in wide angle not macro :P
    i placed an order from the panda wide angle too... hope to get it soon!!
    Last edited by moaid28; 23rd December 2009 at 10:20 PM.