Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what's the most annoying thing that happen when taking photo?

Default Re: what's the most annoying thing that happen when taking photo?

Quote Originally Posted by karnage View Post
    and for those who stand behind you to peer at your LCD, you can avoid this annoyance by using film cameras! Hahaha!
    or do what professional photographers do - turn off the LCD. Bob Madden - the NG's Lava Hunter said he seldom look at the LCD after taking the shots.
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-105L | 35L | 85L II | 135L | Samyang 14mm 2.8

i set my review time to 2 seconds and only look for compositional defects, but to do this you have to get your exposure and histogram right for each shot, it takes practice but eventually you will get used to it and those bigots won't stand around staring at your lcd.

Or better still act like a tourist or something, or act tough and tell them to leave you alone, i'm sure most people will buzz off when asked to do so, unless you have one buff and mean guy behind you (chances are that this isn't likely because buff mean guys don't stand around and stare at people's lcds.)

personally i think the most annoying thing when im shooting is 'CF FULL' flashing on my lcd.
    I refuse to List my camer@ equipment here.

lava hunter turned his lcd off BECAUSE HE CAN'T VIEW!!! he'll be busy RUNNING AWAY FROM THE LAVA
    Canon EOS 7D, EFS 15-85mm, EF 50mm
    Canon today, Hasselblad tomorrow.

haha looks like i'll take hang prison wrist tag on while taking photo on to get those fools off my back haha... no tattoo so can't can't scare people

Go and print a shirt that writes "Please do not look into my LCD as I am taking photo."

I would only agree on people blocking the front. One of few reasons why photographers get annoyed when people look at their camera LCD after shot is bec the photopgrapher is shy or not confident with their work. Thus fear that people will comment from behind.

When a real photographer is into taking a picture, his/her mind is focus on the subject and not disturbed by surrounding. When the mind wonders around, the photographer is not in focus.

Avoid peak period if you want to take quiet pictures.

I hate it when people bump into me when i am concentrating to get my shots. Omg, just when i wanna release shutter got bump, PISSED waste my concentration power.

I hate it when i put on timer mode and try to capture water/lights and people walk pass. Wah lau eh, camp so long again wasted.

You suddenly realised that you don't have your camera with you?..............
    Take the shot!

Most classic & irritating, :" Eh, where is ur screen ah? Ur camera cannot see the picture ah?"
    Last edited by mdzmr; 21st December 2009 at 02:16 PM.

The most irritating thing to happen is some silly DSLR user who shoot continuously with full powered flash at the same subject you are shooting. Its not 1 or 10 shots. Its non stop until the subject is out of sight. (subject here refers to birds)

What is most annoying. Hmmm.. oh yes. Your saw a nice scruptures with the perfect lighting, many visitor shares their turn... snap and go. You readied your camera and comes your turn. Suddenly a pair of love birds with a camera stands right into place and started discussing the composition... literally hogging the place for indefinite time. Your wave at them but the love birds turned blind. All other visitors have to go for an alternate site.

Sounds romantic, they were completely immerse in their own world.

Love bird 2. You readied you camera, target the macro subject on the leaves. Suddenly the whole branch begans to shimmer and you hear some voice, look the flower is nice. A pair of love bird starts posing closed to the shrub causing the entire plant to shake.

Love bird 3. You readied you camera, target at the christmas balls deco. Waiting for that 1/40th second of clear unobstructed shot but somehow that 1/40 sec turns into mins. The ladybird was standing like a statue for the partner to figure out the camera.

If you saw another PG taking picture, won't you, similarly, be curious too?

haha i guess i still lack self-confidence la haha i see you all so pro i shy oh ya ha another annoy thing that happened when i was shooting was
    1) shooting a rather big spider on a leave then... it freaking jumped onto my lens la!! then i was looking at my VF when it happened so shared the living daylights out of me hahaha
    2) was at a deserted bungalow at a certain location... focusing hard on composition and keeping my hands still then when i was about to press the shutter, *rwoof* a huge stray came charging at me.... ha but lucky i was wearing my goretex boots la haha as i knew stuff like this will happen and i chase it away

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    subjects that intentionally pose for the camera while I'm on the streets trying to shoot discreetly

was shooting streets in orchard when a bird poop, just dropped from up the trees and to my lens...
    Why so serious... Son?

Quote Originally Posted by Wurdelak View Post

was shooting streets in orchard when a bird poop, just dropped from up the trees and to my lens...
    that's why should get a weather proof camera.

Quote Originally Posted by helmet1989 View Post
    ever get annoyed by some idiots who keep walking in front of your cam when you are taking photo or set it on long exposure? keep staring at you throughout when you are shooting? standing behind you and keep looking at your lcd? or worst still, knocking over your tripod!!
    You mean like this?
    Just me...

lmao! hilarious! haha lucky never kena whack sia haha

Blog Entries

most irritating? idiots who walk pass me blocking my camera when i'm snapping stuff.

i always have the courtesy to give people taking photos their space wihtout blocking them. usually i'll even purposely stand there help them block traffic.

if ppl all ike tat. we photographers will be one happy group of ppl

allenleonheart i totally agree with you! in fact i do what you do to help fellow photogs too

A lot of annoying situations, most are curious onlookers, and some mishaps I wouldn't blame. However, when you're shooting a theme such as hmm, heavenly being with wings? (happened @ the time I shot my DP which was a few days back), some idiot people came right in front of my model, using his HP cam and try to shoot her, while some squatting down way too close to her, trying to get a shot from underneath.

Pissed the hell out of me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast