Thread: Advise on ipod

Default Advise on ipod

hi there,

i m considering getting a ipod soon?...

anyone with any comments or reviews?...

iPod as in the MP3 player from Apple?
    Simply a fab piece of fashion cum electronics.

Why are u talking about iPod here? Unless you're thinking of using it as a PIS? I think more appropriate in Kopitiam...

using it as photo storage? Need to get card adaptor. End up inflated cost Better off with a dedicated image storage product.

Quote Originally Posted by kian
    hi there,

Depends on what you are getting it for. If its for a mp3 player. Guess its quite pricey. But a nice to have. In addition can use it as a "hard-disk" of sorts.

But what I particularly like abt the iPod is that you can buy an additional attachment and play mp3s in your car over the radio...

Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    Depends on what you are getting it for. If its for a mp3 player. Guess its quite pricey. But a nice to have. In addition can use it as a "hard-disk" of sorts.

But what I particularly like abt the iPod is that you can buy an additional attachment and play mp3s in your car over the radio...
    was using an ipod for a while, but sold it and got a creative jukebox zen instead. look wise, of course ipod is hell lot better ... but what matters to me is the sound quality. ok no flamin please. don't know about the mini ipods though.

the 'additional attachment' is a FM transmitter. u can get belkin ones which are compatible for any mp3 player, as the one from apple costs a bomb.

hi there,

well, it depends on what you're using the ipod for..

i'm a proud owner of an ipod for ages, and it's been with me through thick and thin... dropped it a couple of times too! it serves as a portable hard drive, alarm, scheduler, and even keeps my phonebook in check!

IMO, music quality depends on the type of sound file you encoded in the first place.. you're not going to expect a 128kbps to sound like 256kbps just cos you use another player..and yes, the FM transmitter is expensive from apple... get other brands lah! they work and are cheaper too!

planning to use it as a photo storage? not a good idea... always use those storage DEDICATED to storing photos only first, when it comes to emergencies, the ipod comes in...

the ipod primary function is to play music.. and of course, schedules, phonebooks, sound recorder and photo storage are added bonuses..

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    .. but what matters to me is the sound quality.
    Think the sound quality depends on the quality of the mp3s lah...and also maybe the earphones? Not sure if the ones that come with the ipod are any good...

Quote Originally Posted by coke21
    Think the sound quality depends on the quality of the mp3s lah...and also maybe the earphones? Not sure if the ones that come with the ipod are any good...
    do agree on the quality of the mp3s. choice based on the result (sound) ... it all depends on individual. tested same mp3 file on both, using same earphones. go test it our yourself, then decide which u prefer. max volume for both does vary too. the original earphoes from creative sucks bad ... but i still like the beautiful ipod look

also, the ipod can act as an external drive when connected to pc, whereas the one from creative can't (gotta use their 'explorer' software).

not wanna start some 'ipod vs XXX' war here. sorry for the OT.

check this site:http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/forum...?s=&forumid=22

equivalent to CS in photography........

hi there,