Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why do people like to list down their equipments inside their signature?

Default Re: Why do people like to list down their equipments inside their signature?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    photo taken by D3 or 5D MARK II or 1D SERIES or D700 are PROx0R
    OMG OMG. I thought D3x and D3s was considered PROxORz too? o.O

Meh I know this guy who got a D3x, he must feel soooooo pissed off right about now

Default Re: Why do people like to list down their equipments inside their signature?

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    in Sammy Boy forum, what's people signature then?
    If I were a member there, I would list the brands and models of the helmets that I use.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

I have added my signature
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

cos i am a gadgetbator and i want to show off my impressive photography gear cos photography is all about owning the bestest gear!!! muahahahhaaaa!!!!
    Nikanon D3FXMarkIIIDS-1H with 5000mm f/128 & 0.500mm Macro f/0.4 & 0.70-2000mm f/256

need to show off a bit a bit mah... then can look more atas...
    everytime post photos waiting for people asking "what gear are you using?"
    if somebody ask, use the prepared "My gear template txt files" to copy paste the whole gear list...

fun hor...

Well i guess its more or less like informing what is the gear that they use often to shoot.
    Your pictures speaks for you, not your camera.

Its to show tell ppl who don't know you in CS that at least he/she belong to the "can make it" group cos he/she got the "can make it" gear.

maybe to give a small background about the person. Like me for instance, I was asking about flash and a lady suggested getting SB-600 (I don't have a Nikon at that time, only Oly) and she later found out (thru my sig) that it's not applicable for me. the point is, for question like mine someone may be able to help you if at least he knows what you're using.
    Last edited by r0n1n; 22nd December 2009 at 06:48 PM.
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

I tink its ok for people to list their equipment and gears as their signature... And when u look at the pictures they posted... U can have a rough gauge of the skill level / potential / talent or watever u call it of the photographer in mind...

The point of wat I wanna say is... "What can you achieve with that sort of equipment you are having"? That is more important, because it's the end product (picture) that matters isn't it...
    http://www.yeechaokoh.com/
    What's the use of "depth of field" if there's no "depth of feelings...

Quote Originally Posted by CS TAN View Post

Why people Don't list down their equipments inside their signature?
    Because they use Pentax camera mah.

Bacause they have so little equipment, the small space inside their signature is enough to list all that they own.

Note:
    Who cares what you own?
    Who cares whether you can take good photos?
    Last edited by ricohflex; 24th December 2009 at 04:31 PM.

tried to list but many, so decided not.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Who cares what you own?
    Some people.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Who cares whether you can take good photos?
    The same people.

Who cares what you don't own?
    Some other people

Who cares whether you can't take good photos?
    The same other people.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    photo taken by D3 or 5D MARK II or 1D SERIES or D700 are PROx0R
    You are correctz0r
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jed View Post
    OMG OMG. I thought D3x and D3s was considered PROxORz too? o.O

Meh I know this guy who got a D3x, he must feel soooooo pissed off right about now
    no la, those are to con people with too much money

just kidding

No idea why people do that.. after the first few days that you have shown your new toy (tools for work for some), the novelty dies off, and then you get on with life and start using your new purchase.

Listing in public forums "Nikon D3, 12-24mm f/2.8 AFS, 24-80mm f/2.8 AFS, 70-200mm f/2.8 AFS, 300mm f/2.8 AFS" (apologies, I have no idea about these lenses) etc. simply says: "I have these things, find out where I live, and come and take it from me", I feel anyway...

-- marios

Quote Originally Posted by marios_pittas View Post
    No idea why people do that.. after the first few days that you have shown your new toy (tools for work for some), the novelty dies off, and then you get on with life and start using your new purchase.

Listing in public forums "Nikon D3, 12-24mm f/2.8 AFS, 24-80mm f/2.8 AFS, 70-200mm f/2.8 AFS, 300mm f/2.8 AFS" (apologies, I have no idea about these lenses) etc. simply says: "I have these things, find out where I live, and come and take it from me", I feel anyway...

-- marios
    You are so correct.

It's like schoolboys behind the bike shed working out who's got the biggest d*ck. It's a form of penis envy for those with small brains and smaller weiners that reminds me of a lot of 4WD owners who just have to compensate for their small stature by driving the biggest baddest SUV on the planet...
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Blog Entries

the hand DOES get tired wranking after a while....
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    I have added my signature
    are you the one who bought it at cathay marina?

Actually, some guys on CS may have so much gear that the signature space might not be sufficient... we just haven't seen it.

Imagine;

5D2|5D2|5D2|5D|1D2|24 f1.4L II|35 f1.4L|85 f1.2L II|135 f2L|200 f1.8L|300 f2.8 L IS|24-70 f2.8L|70-200 f2.8L IS... list goes on...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast