Thread: Lost lens and serial number

Default Lost lens and serial number

Hmm, lost my 50mm f/1.8 lens a few weeks back. Then when I was packing I discovered the receipt for that lens along with its serial number scribbled on top.

So my question is: is there anything I can do with the serial number? Like submit it somewhere so that they can track the lens?

Now I have no illusions about retrieving the lens again, but then again it does not hurt to do something like that I guess.

Default Re: Lost lens and serial number

Quote Originally Posted by wkteoh View Post
    Hmm, lost my 50mm f/1.8 lens a few weeks back. Then when I was packing I discovered the receipt for that lens along with its serial number scribbled on top.

So my question is: is there anything I can do with the serial number? Like submit it somewhere so that they can track the lens?

Now I have no illusions about retrieving the lens again, but then again it does not hurt to do something like that I guess.
    You can post it on B&S, so that buyers can take note of it.

Alternatively you can also send an email to canon, regarding this issue. And they will take note of this serial number.

CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

What 9V said, and also alert CSC and if you're on good terms with the usual camera repair /2ns hand shops/centers, also alert them that that lens is yours/lost and provide a photocopy of the receipt.

It will be a very long shot for various reasons, but you loose nothing by trying.

Well I lost it in Malaysia, and it's a Nikon lens.