Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: Anyone heading to Perth?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Is anyone heading down to Perth (WA) in the next few weeks?
    Are you running a tour agency?

    I'm in Perth as well. Nice weather of late, ya? I finally get to sleep well without the a/c

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Nokin,

    The offer stands I enjoy taking folks out around this here city of mine.
    Thanks Ian, will certainly look you up one of the days I'm there. I'll give you my details later, but will definitely arrive on 22/03 on Qantas. Meeting a friend at the airport flying in from London, half hour difference in arrival time.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pascalc

    I'm in Perth as well. Nice weather of late, ya? I finally get to sleep well without the a/c
    I've been checking on the temperature there, averaging 30C in the day. Isn't that a little too warm?

    Hope it's gets cooler by 3rd. week march.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by patch17
    Ian,

    hope you don't mind if i take you up on your offer to show people around town when i go back? i only go back once a year for a couple of weeks ever since i came to singapore... lost track of the changes, feel like a tourist in my own home.
    Patch, as long as I'm not booked up solid I can't see a problem. Apart from Mandurah to Perth almost being solid houses now not much else has changed (except new suburbs)...


    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    I've been checking on the temperature there, averaging 30C in the day. Isn't that a little too warm?

    Hope it's gets cooler by 3rd. week march.

    It varies, last march (around the 3rd week) it hit 38C on a couple of days ... as I well remember as I got a slight dose of heat stroke while covering car racing for a client.

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Thanks Ian, will certainly look you up one of the days I'm there. I'll give you my details later, but will definitely arrive on 22/03 on Qantas. Meeting a friend at the airport flying in from London, half hour difference in arrival time.
    Nokin, no worries, will look forward to hearing from you.


    Quote Originally Posted by pascalc
    Are you running a tour agency?
    I'm in Perth as well. Nice weather of late, ya? I finally get to sleep well without the a/c
    Haha Pascalc .. was a pleasure to meet you and Chngpe1 last night and yes the weather was too foul last week eh?
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Thanks Ian, will certainly look you up one of the days I'm there. I'll give you my details later, but will definitely arrive on 22/03 on Qantas. Meeting a friend at the airport flying in from London, half hour difference in arrival time.
    Nokin, no worries, will look forward to hearing from you.
    Remember to include me if you guys are planning any photo shoots! Cheers!

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pascalc
    Remember to include me if you guys are planning any photo shoots! Cheers!
    Pascalc, I'm a newbie. Don't know much about photography. Not exactly planning any photo shoots, but I definitely will be spending some time shooting. Perhaps you guys can give me some tips.

    As I'll be staying with a friend's family, I don't know if they have made any plans yet. Will let you and Ian know details when I get them.

    Can you and Ian advise which is the best way to contact you guys when I'm there? How about I PM you guys my mobile number?

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Pascalc, I'm a newbie. Don't know much about photography. Not exactly planning any photo shoots, but I definitely will be spending some time shooting. Perhaps you guys can give me some tips.

    As I'll be staying with a friend's family, I don't know if they have made any plans yet. Will let you and Ian know details when I get them.

    Can you and Ian advise which is the best way to contact you guys when I'm there? How about I PM you guys my mobile number?
    Nokin, I'll PM you my mobile and home number in a few days (this pc very unstable at present) ...
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    Nokin, I'll PM you my mobile and home number in a few days (this pc very unstable at present) ...
    Thanks Ian, appreciate your hospitality.

  9. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Pascalc, I'm a newbie. Don't know much about photography. Not exactly planning any photo shoots, but I definitely will be spending some time shooting. Perhaps you guys can give me some tips.

    As I'll be staying with a friend's family, I don't know if they have made any plans yet. Will let you and Ian know details when I get them.

    Can you and Ian advise which is the best way to contact you guys when I'm there? How about I PM you guys my mobile number?
    PM you my contact number

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nokin
    Thanks Ian, appreciate your hospitality.
    U got mail
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  11. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    U got mail

    Noted, Thanks

  12. #32

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by caseytan
    just came back to SG after spending two weeks in Sydney
    Hi,

    I will be heading down to Sydney late march.......was wondering if there is any good shooting locations(other than the Opera House, of course), both in and out of the State of NSW ??.... Is Byron Bay in the North, any good ??

    Thanks the help and suggestions.


  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by microsmic
    Hi,

    I will be heading down to Sydney late march.......was wondering if there is any good shooting locations(other than the Opera House, of course), both in and out of the State of NSW ??.... Is Byron Bay in the North, any good ??

    Thanks the help and suggestions.

    A few locations around Sydney:

    Bondi Beach
    Olympic Statium Homebush
    Sydney Harbour
    Harbour Bridge
    Manly
    CBD of Sydney
    Darling Harbour
    Taronga Zoo
    Pittwater
    Kings Cross (Daytime, not recommended at night)
    Top of Centrepoint Tower
    The Rocks
    Milsons Point/Kirrabilli

    Out of Sydney (day trips)
    Blue Mountains
    (including, Scenic Railway, Three Sisters, Govetts Leap, Megalong Valley etc)
    Kangaroo Valley/Kiama & Blowhole
    Coast road between the Royal National Park and Bulli.
    Deer Park (Royal National Park)
    Avoca/Terrigal beaches

    That's just a start.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  14. #34
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    i'm going to brisbane and melbourne in may! if anyone wants to know.

  15. #35

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian
    A few locations around Sydney:

    Bondi Beach
    Olympic Statium Homebush
    Sydney Harbour
    Harbour Bridge
    Manly
    CBD of Sydney
    Darling Harbour
    Taronga Zoo
    Pittwater
    Kings Cross (Daytime, not recommended at night)
    Top of Centrepoint Tower
    The Rocks
    Milsons Point/Kirrabilli

    Out of Sydney (day trips)
    Blue Mountains
    (including, Scenic Railway, Three Sisters, Govetts Leap, Megalong Valley etc)
    Kangaroo Valley/Kiama & Blowhole
    Coast road between the Royal National Park and Bulli.
    Deer Park (Royal National Park)
    Avoca/Terrigal beaches

    That's just a start.
    Thanks for the Tip, Ian !!


    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    i'm going to brisbane and melbourne in may! if anyone wants to know.
    I will be in Brisbane for a couple of days before heading down to Sydney......any recommendations, jOhO ??

    Thanks.
    Last edited by microsmic; 29th February 2004 at 11:29 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •