Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 8 TCSS [Into the new year with new heights to scale... ]

Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 8 TCSS [Into the new year with new heights to scale.

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    pardon me for some more noob questions. If I get a wireless trigger, do I need to add on anything to the 580exii and the slave flashes which works on optical since only nikon sb has wireless function?
    depends on what triggers you get. For 580EXII got PC sync so no problem. If you get nissin flashes i dont think they have PC sync ports. So might have to get the hot shoe with the PC sync port. this is for cyber syncs/ pocket wizards/ skyports.

If you're getting cactus/ebay triggers some of them have the hotshoes on the recievers itself so u just slot your flash on it.

Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 8 TCSS [Into the new year with new heights to scale.

Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    hmm. that means need to hunt for that belt

me will just bring the lenses i have loh. 10-22, 24-105. think the killer weight is the tripod..
    depends on how you want to look at it. If I go nature or not so crowded places overseas, the belt system will definately be better. However, if I would to go to crowded places or places that I will look like a snatch thief or robbery bait, I'll settle with a backpack or sling bag. Tripods are definately the bulkiest to carry around.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    lol. HUNT AH. TK no stock still?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    It's the best for travel. Belt pack compare to backpack. Belt pack wins.
    actually never ask TK leh. anyone going down can help ask?

now w e gnawing pain in my knee.. think better to go as light as possible liao!
    Licence to shoot.

joe, with an impeding purchase of 7D kinda near. Haha!

You probably gotta reconsider your options. 7D has the built-in commander which can command up to 3 canon offshoe flashes to be on the safe side with E-TTL mode.

actually never ask TK leh. anyone going down can help ask?

now w e gnawing pain in my knee.. think better to go as light as possible liao!
    Call them up - 6292 8167 - and check first.

depends on how you want to look at it. If I go nature or not so crowded places overseas, the belt system will definately be better. However, if I would to go to crowded places or places that I will look like a snatch thief or robbery bait, I'll settle with a backpack or sling bag. Tripods are definately the bulkiest to carry around.
    yah loh.. i assume my destinations would be a mixed variety of those. some crowds, some probably sparingly. worried about the snatch/rob bait thing e most actually. but will be travelling in a vehicle, then go out and walk about, then get back in and move on again kind.
    Licence to shoot.

depends on what triggers you get. For 580EXII got PC sync so no problem. If you get nissin flashes i dont think they have PC sync ports. So might have to get the hot shoe with the PC sync port. this is for cyber syncs/ pocket wizards/ skyports.

If you're getting cactus/ebay triggers some of them have the hotshoes on the recievers itself so u just slot your flash on it.
    How about the lumepro flash that you recommend? Does it work like 580exii?

Btw, guys. Universal Studios Singapore tixs has started to sell.

My fren & his family is visiting on 6 March. So anyone who is able to get discount to 1-day pass, please kindly let me know.

And probably we can go together.

Call them up - 6292 8167 - and check first.
    sian. kept pushing the dates.. now say early feb then in.. hai.
    Licence to shoot.

joe, with an impeding purchase of 7D kinda near. Haha!

You probably gotta reconsider your options. 7D has the built-in commander which can command up to 3 canon offshoe flashes to be on the safe side with E-TTL mode.
    Oh yar! Now that you've mentioned it. Thanks for the heads up. So does it mean that 430exii will be enough to be one of the offshoe flashes? Which means my final setup will most probably be 7D + 580exii + 2 x 430exii?

Oh yar! Now that you've mentioned it. Thanks for the heads up. So does it mean that 430exii will be enough to be one of the offshoe flashes? Which means my final setup will most probably be 7D + 580exii + 2 x 430exii?
    ya you can do that, for the lumopro you'll need triggers.

the 7D combo should work, but it wont beat cls. hehe.

the 7D commander uses IR issit?

or is it like the nikon commander or something

anyhows i still rec. getting triggers. lol
    Last edited by eleveninth; 14th January 2010 at 03:32 PM.

Nope. It works like CLS but of cos CLS is the forerunner.

But with the built-in commander, it does saves me a great deal of cash to put into other areas of investment unless we are talking about PW which is a different story.

Anything that gives me E-TTL mode is very welcoming although I'm learning how to use manual flash at the moment which sometimes can give me great results.
    Last edited by RyanG; 14th January 2010 at 04:43 PM.

Yes. It can be one of the combos. Or if you dun mind 2nd hand 580EXII, you can get them off cheap (comparing a BN 430EXII which is about $450 to a 2nd hand gd con'd 580EXII @ $550 to $580) at BnS. Condition is really gd and you will be surprised.
    Last edited by RyanG; 14th January 2010 at 04:46 PM.

Yes. It can be one of the combos. Or if you dun mind 2nd hand 580EXII, you can get them off cheap (comparing a BN 430EXII which is about $450 to a 2nd hand gd con'd 580EXII @ $550 to $580) at BnS. Condition is really gd and you will be surprised.
    Thanks for the info! Looks like it is time to save up for the new combo and gotta find a storeroom to hide the upcoming toys...

BBB!!!
    Licence to shoot.

BBB!!!
    Hahaha... I'll start to save up $50 every week and should be able to achieve my target at end of year.

Hahaha... I'll start to save up $50 every week and should be able to achieve my target at end of year.
    I think I need to start saving for next year's BBB already

BBB!!!
    P e r s p e c t i v e

sien.

sien.
    ??

Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast