Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast

Thread: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 8 TCSS [Into the new year with new heights to scale... ]

Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 8 TCSS [Into the new year with new heights to scale.

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    Ok, I'll let you know.
    Buy tgt got cheaper har? Check grey and local pricing if possible. Thanks.

Default Re: COP-Circle Of Photog. Season 8 TCSS [Into the new year with new heights to scale.

I have a question again...

Given you the choice of flash to buy, which will you choose to be the slave for your 580EXII to produce even lighting for product shot, macro, group photo?
    1) 2 x Nissin Di466 (Guide no. 33, $150/pcs, 1 yr warranty)
    2) 2 x Nissin Di622 (Guide no. 44, $210/pcs, 1 yr warranty)
    3) 2 x Nissin Di866 (Guide no. 60, $410/pcs, 1 yr warranty)
    4) 2 x Emoblitz DPZ420AF (Guide no. 42, $190/pcs, 3 yrs warranty)
    5) Others, please specify.

Many Thanks in advance for inputs!
    I would go with 1. since you have the 580EXII. You'll probably be using it as your main light most of the time. The other 2 you can use for either rim or fill depending so you wont need much. Anyway you can always dual mount them if you need more power for cross lighting with your 580 or whatever.

i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    I would go with 1. since you have the 580EXII. You'll probably be using it as your main light most of the time. The other 2 you can use for either rim or fill depending so you wont need much. Anyway you can always dual mount them if you need more power for cross lighting with your 580 or whatever.

i guess.
    Thanks for the input bro! How about strobing? Will the setup with #1 be gd as well? I may be helping my gf and her cousins to do a graduation gown shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanG View Post
    Buy tgt got cheaper har? Check grey and local pricing if possible. Thanks.
    Not sure if buy together will be cheaper but I can always try my luck . Will let you know once my frd reverts on the pricing.

Thanks for the input bro! How about strobing? Will the setup with #1 be gd as well? I may be helping my gf and her cousins to do a graduation gown shoot.
    Shouldnt be a problem.

but might i suggest the vivitars instead of nissin?

althought now might be abit harder to get. i know they were replaced/remanufactured by another co. iirc.

or u can try lumopro

not sure they stock it in sg though.

Btw both the GN for vivitar and lumopro are 100.
    Last edited by eleveninth; 14th January 2010 at 11:24 AM.

Hmm.. would the TT belt thing be a bit weird for travels arh? means i backpack everything, take out cam+lenses, dump backpack in hotel and move out with belt and gears? (that is if i manage to get the TT belt first!). Also duno if it's too "eye-catchy"..
    Licence to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by xhui View Post
    Hmm.. would the TT belt thing be a bit weird for travels arh? means i backpack everything, take out cam+lenses, dump backpack in hotel and move out with belt and gears? (that is if i manage to get the TT belt first!). Also duno if it's too "eye-catchy"..
    should be alright la since u moving by car. You'll only stop at those touristy places anyway.

Shouldnt be a problem.

but might i suggest the vivitars instead of nissin?

althought now might be abit harder to get. i know they were replaced/remanufactured by another co. iirc.

or u can try lumopro

not sure they stock it in sg though.

Btw both the GN for vivitar and lumopro are 100.
    Seems pretty good but is it able to communicate with the 580EXII as slave flash? This flash is very powerful with Guide No @ 100... 580EXII is only at 58.

How many lenses are you intending to carry along?

Seems pretty good but is it able to communicate with the 580EXII as slave flash? This flash is very powerful with Guide No @ 100... 580EXII is only at 58.
    seriously reccommend triggers.

i reckon the nissin uses infrared or light triggers right?

you'll get alot of interference from other light source which will cause your flash to trigger prematurely or if your flashes arent in the line of sight it wont get triggered at all.

seriously reccommend triggers.

i reckon the nissin uses infrared or light triggers right?

you'll get alot of interference from other light source which will cause your flash to trigger prematurely or if your flashes arent in the line of sight it wont get triggered at all.
    I only know that the Di466 is using optical trigger which I'm not sure if it is good.

I only know that the Di466 is using optical trigger which I'm not sure if it is good.
    ah yea. optical, forgot what it was called. lol that uses light. You'll probably get interference from other light sources outdoors then it'll trigger.

ah yea. optical, forgot what it was called. lol that uses light. You'll probably get interference from other light sources outdoors then it'll trigger.
    Yar. I heard that it doesn't works well under strong sunlight or when there is sunlight directly hitting the sensor unit. Should I fall back to IR (which requires line of sight) or get a PocketWiz for it then?

should be alright la since u moving by car. You'll only stop at those touristy places anyway.
    How many lenses are you intending to carry along?
    hmm. that means need to hunt for that belt

me will just bring the lenses i have loh. 10-22, 24-105. think the killer weight is the tripod..
    Licence to shoot.

Yar. I heard that it doesn't works well under strong sunlight or when there is sunlight directly hitting the sensor unit. Should I fall back to IR (which requires line of sight) or get a PocketWiz for it then?
    i wouldnt go with IR.

if you have the cash to spend why not, but there are other triggers la for me it'll be in this order

1) pocket wizards
    2) alien bee cybersyncs
    3) radio poppers
    4) cactus
    5) ebay triggers. (some are unreliable though)

i wouldnt go with IR.

if you have the cash to spend why not, but there are other triggers la for me it'll be in this order

1) pocket wizards
    2) alien bee cybersyncs
    3) radio poppers
    4) cactus
    Agree.

Misfiring rate of IR is too high for me.

Wireless is the way to go.

hmm. that means need to hunt for that belt

me will just bring the lenses i have loh. 10-22, 24-105. think the killer weight is the tripod..
    lol. HUNT AH. TK no stock still?

It's the best for travel. Belt pack compare to backpack. Belt pack wins.

Agree.

forgot to mention Ive read about interference from the new wizards with the 580EXII. for me the plus IIs are enough.

i wouldnt go with IR.

1) pocket wizards
    2) alien bee cybersyncs
    3) radio poppers
    4) cactus
    Agree.

pardon me for some more noob questions. If I get a wireless trigger, do I need to add on anything to the 580exii and the slave flashes which works on optical since only nikon sb has wireless function?

Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163136394041424346 ... LastLast