Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

  1. #1

    Default Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    Hi all,

    From my limited understanding, the best time visiting Beijing is in autumn (roughly late Sept to Early Nov), and follow by Spring (roughly April - May).

    However, there could be a possibility where I need to go Shanghai next year in late June (cannot change other date). I was wondering is it worth going Beijing at that time (mid June) before going to Shanghai, considering the weather might become very hot already.

    Thus my question is: is the weather of Beijing in mid June unbearable (hot)? I mean the level of hot similar to HK in July, or the hottest time in Sg.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Moderator ed9119's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,929
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    it is still comfortable in June ....... Jul thru Sep is like a furnace there

    but with global warming, these traditional periods could see shifts
    Last edited by ed9119; 20th December 2009 at 11:25 AM.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    it is still comfortable in June ....... Jul thru Sep is like a furnace there

    but with global warming, these traditional periods could see shifts
    Thanks for the info
    Found out from Wikipedia, the weather of Bejing in June is slightly better then in July...

    Would appreciate more CSer who have been to Bejing in June, to share their opinion.

    Thanks

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    I never go in June (maybe in transit but not visiting) but did visit in April, August... June should be pretty good but getting warm.. April is pretty good weather but less scenic as some of the landscape are just blooming after the harsh winter...

  5. #5
    Member LiuLangMao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    I stayed in BJ from Apr to Nov before...

    Apr-May still abit cooling, but got sand storm...

    jun onwards..starting to get hot...
    end jun, early jul.....the hot is getting near(or some time higher) to SG standard, but feel more stuffy cos its dry there...

    mid jul onwards...its always officially 40degree during weekend....but during weekends its more than 40degree ,
    reason very simple, in china...ppl can officially no need to work if temp above 40degree....so weekday is always max at "40"...:-)

    but than..if you are just going 2-3days...dun bother with it lah...just go and enjoy a hot stuffy summer....haha

  6. #6

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    I never go in June (maybe in transit but not visiting) but did visit in April, August... June should be pretty good but getting warm.. April is pretty good weather but less scenic as some of the landscape are just blooming after the harsh winter...
    Thanks for the info

    Quote Originally Posted by LiuLangMao View Post
    I stayed in BJ from Apr to Nov before...

    Apr-May still abit cooling, but got sand storm...

    jun onwards..starting to get hot...
    end jun, early jul.....the hot is getting near(or some time higher) to SG standard, but feel more stuffy cos its dry there...

    mid jul onwards...its always officially 40degree during weekend....but during weekends its more than 40degree ,
    reason very simple, in china...ppl can officially no need to work if temp above 40degree....so weekday is always max at "40"...:-)
    I guess you mean 40 C for weekdays Yes I heard about this before.
    Thanks for the info

  7. #7
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    June is still fine.

    But avoid BJ in late July till mid Sept. Hot as hell.

  8. #8
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    Quote Originally Posted by LiuLangMao View Post
    I stayed in BJ from Apr to Nov before...

    Apr-May still abit cooling, but got sand storm...

    jun onwards..starting to get hot...
    end jun, early jul.....the hot is getting near(or some time higher) to SG standard, but feel more stuffy cos its dry there...

    mid jul onwards...its always officially 40degree during weekend....but during weekends its more than 40degree ,
    reason very simple, in china...ppl can officially no need to work if temp above 40degree....so weekday is always max at "40"...:-)

    but than..if you are just going 2-3days...dun bother with it lah...just go and enjoy a hot stuffy summer....haha
    Actually it is 42 deg C. The official no-work temperature is 42. But usually they report it as 39 on weekdays. It is the same all over china, Chongqing especially, at one time my thermometer read 52 deg C and the weather report says 39.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    June is still fine.

    But avoid BJ in late July till mid Sept. Hot as hell.
    Oh thanks for the info

  10. #10
    Member LiuLangMao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    actually SHA is also hot like hell during these period....

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Singapore.
    Posts
    673

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    I am planning to go Beijing in March ..is it still Winter?
    OLympus EP3 17mm..

  12. #12
    Member LiuLangMao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    305

    Default Re: Advisable to visit Beijing in Mid June??

    Quote Originally Posted by jlpk007 View Post
    I am planning to go Beijing in March ..is it still Winter?
    this is when the snow started to melt....its already spring.....but still cold...

    one thing to look out for...this is when the sand storm will occur....the sky will turn yellow, instead of grey....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •