Thread: Need help on making this image more sharp and clear like high definition

Exclamation Need help on making this image more sharp and clear like high definition

Took out from Nikon dslr, but i dont know whats the brand.

Can anyhow help me?

Default Re: Need help on making this image more sharp and clear like high definition

Had a go with unsharp mask and adjusting exposure. For better effects, maybe can touch up the face and adjust contrast abit. Hope it helps

Last edited by Burnings; 18th December 2009 at 02:45 PM.

Default Re: Need help on making this image more sharp and clear like high definition

It's hard to tell from a small file, but the original looks like it has both OOF and motion blur/handshake problems.

It will never be sharp and clear like HD image no matter what anyone does to it.

Possible, but PP can only go that far. Get it right during shooting and all problems solved.

im not at home so i cant do it

but from the looks of it,

it suffers from abit of noise. use surface blur on a duplicate of the background, play around with the settings then set the opacity between 70~90%

do a levels adjustment to get the contrast up and move the grey level pointer to right to brighten the picture.

then Most likely the skintone will go "horribly wrong" too much red/orange. add a hue adjustment layer, bring down the red saturation. then i think need to set a custom point on orange and bring down the orange sat.

but theres only so much PP can do to save a lousy picture.

this should be fine....

Last edited by jackzhangxiao; 19th December 2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Wrong upload
    Bokelicious Photography : www.bokelicious.net --- Facebook.com/bokelicious

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    wow..
    i like this..

what did u do?..

i am totally new to PP..

Quote Originally Posted by mem0riess View Post

Took out from Nikon dslr, but i dont know whats the brand.

Can anyhow help me?
    So this is NOT your image?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    looks like painting......
    Bokelicious Photography : www.bokelicious.net --- Facebook.com/bokelicious

garbage in, garbage out.

it's hard to expect a very sharp shot if your original is not well taken to start out with.
    Photography is about seeing without a camera.
    60D | LX3 | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by mem0riess View Post

wow, how did u guys do this?

got a couple of pics tht need touching up like tht

cool works by the guys here!

i usually use photoshop's unsharp mask option, or lightroom's sharpening and clarity options to make images sharper. However often have to then deal with resultant increase in noise to the pictures.

Another way is just to resize smaller? I guess a smaller and sharper photo is better than a 100% crop one that is blurry? my lazy way...
    Slow...yeah, steady... not really
    My Flickr | APAD2010