Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: help needed

  1. #1

    Default help needed

    hey all. .
    im going to sim lim later to survey/buy d80 or d90. .

    so anyone know which shop can give me a deal??

  2. #2
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    hey all. .
    im going to sim lim later to survey/buy d80 or d90. .

    so anyone know which shop can give me a deal??
    Gd luck in ur search in D80(Discountined - D90 is its replacement), why choose SIMLIM? well if u insists on gg there, u can only consider AP on grd lvl or OP on lvl 6 (which i strongly recommend the latter)
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  3. #3

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Gd luck in ur search in D80(Discountined - D90 is its replacement), why choose SIMLIM? well if u insists on gg there, u can only consider AP on grd lvl or OP on lvl 6 (which i strongly recommend the latter)
    if is not simlim ,then where esle the best place bro??

  4. #4

    Default Re: help needed

    funan has many (slr revolution opposite john 3:16 gives pretty good deals cos its a new shop), amk hub/central has 2 ms colours... or you can buy 2nd hand.

    the only place ive seen a d80 first hand on sale recently was at plaza sing 'best' (or some other big electronics shop) on the 2nd or 3rd level. selling for a price not much less than a d90. if you want a d80 i suggest you get 2nd hand (i got body only for less than 700), or get a d90 first hand. cheers

  5. #5
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    if is not simlim ,then where esle the best place bro??
    You should really look in here. Best is to ring them up or request for e-quotes
    Last edited by Numnumball; 18th December 2009 at 10:34 AM.
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  6. #6

    Default Re: help needed

    TS - done your research? do u know what is the market rate the D80/D90 is going for at shops?

    Sim Lim is a chop carrot head ground, by going in there without proper knowledge, u be chopped and minced, almost all shop will try to chop maybe less OP at lvl 6, even AP at lvl 1 might try to chop you depending on the sales person u ask.

    careful not to be sweet talk into buying cheap useless cheapo filter at high price. cheap while being OK filter will be hoya(normal one), tokina which shouldnt cost more than $20-30

    cheapo useless glass will be like vitacon, emolux, and some other brands( cant remeember them), normally the sales person if out to carrot chop u will try to sell u these cheap filter at like $20-50. and say that give u bundle price else these filters cost more bah bah bah.

    Good filter will be B+W, Hoya pro digital, Hoya HD, Nikon, but be prepare to pay for this, D90 kit lens uses 67mm filter and these brands for 67mm at shop should cost no less than $70.
    D80/D700 18-135/17-50/14-24/24-70/70-200/70-300/50/60 SB600/900

  7. #7

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    You should really look in here. Best is to ring them up or request for e-quotes
    fuh. . .thank you so much bro

  8. #8

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    if is not simlim ,then where esle the best place bro??
    We have an entire forum category for priceguides. Please do some searching first.
    Alpha

  9. #9

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by nixontkl View Post
    TS - done your research? do u know what is the market rate the D80/D90 is going for at shops?

    Sim Lim is a chop carrot head ground, by going in there without proper knowledge, u be chopped and minced, almost all shop will try to chop maybe less OP at lvl 6, even AP at lvl 1 might try to chop you depending on the sales person u ask.

    careful not to be sweet talk into buying cheap useless cheapo filter at high price. cheap while being OK filter will be hoya(normal one), tokina which shouldnt cost more than $20-30

    cheapo useless glass will be like vitacon, emolux, and some other brands( cant remeember them), normally the sales person if out to carrot chop u will try to sell u these cheap filter at like $20-50. and say that give u bundle price else these filters cost more bah bah bah.

    Good filter will be B+W, Hoya pro digital, Hoya HD, Nikon, but be prepare to pay for this, D90 kit lens uses 67mm filter and these brands for 67mm at shop should cost no less than $70.
    yes i did. . but still looking the best ever deal to get. . .

  10. #10

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    yes i did. . but still looking the best ever deal to get. . .
    You will only get the best deal if you've done your research, know what you are talking about, and know what shops to go to.
    Alpha

  11. #11

    Default Re: help needed

    Please be careful. There are a lot of horror stories before about buying items from some infamous shops before. Remember one key rule : if you do not know or not sure the product that they are recommending to you, DO NOT BUY. You can always go home, check with people on Club Snap on the product, before deciding if you buy it. This is especially true if they try to "bundle" it with your camera purchase.

    Some scheming retailers will tell you people from Club Snap buy from them all the time and so on, to make you feel at ease. Well, as above, you can always verify with us again.

    Browse through CS and you will find the places where people here are comfortable with.

    In summary, if in doubt, walk away. There's always another day to make your purchase.

  12. #12

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by davee78 View Post
    Please be careful. There are a lot of horror stories before about buying items from some infamous shops before. Remember one key rule : if you do not know or not sure the product that they are recommending to you, DO NOT BUY. You can always go home, check with people on Club Snap on the product, before deciding if you buy it. This is especially true if they try to "bundle" it with your camera purchase.

    Some scheming retailers will tell you people from Club Snap buy from them all the time and so on, to make you feel at ease. Well, as above, you can always verify with us again.

    Browse through CS and you will find the places where people here are comfortable with.

    In summary, if in doubt, walk away. There's always another day to make your purchase.
    thank you

  13. #13
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    yes i did. . but still looking the best ever deal to get. . .
    but... if you did do your research, you'll know that D80 is a discontinued item... so where to buy it new?
    Exploring! :)

  14. #14
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: help needed

    after all the good advice given here, you should not be posting a new thread about how you got cheated at SLS

    i only buy computer stuff at SLS

  15. #15

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    after all the good advice given here, you should not be posting a new thread about how you got cheated at SLS

    i only buy computer stuff at SLS
    not been cheated yet la bro. . i need any suggestion,if i go sls which shop has the best deal. .

  16. #16

    Default Re: help needed

    beware of alan photo though. there has been many posts recently about them attempting to chop ppl. got ppl kena chop also, den come complain.

    i never had much dealing with OP, more i've heard that they deal with grey sets more than normal ones.

    i go to john3:16 all the time. they are *extremely* honest with their pricing. they first quote is a good as their final. (almost, at most they give you $5 off somemore)

    take note though, that alot of shops dont open on PH and/or Sunday. I know john opens everyday except sunday, while Alan @ funan is not open on PH. cathay @ marina is always open. ruby & camera workshop @ peninsula sunday and PH not open. do call them before you go to check stock, opening timings etc.

  17. #17

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    but... if you did do your research, you'll know that D80 is a discontinued item... so where to buy it new?
    I saw at Plaza Sing Best still selling it. Last set i think as they put it as an Display set.

  18. #18
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: help needed

    Quote Originally Posted by pix it View Post
    not been cheated yet la bro. . i need any suggestion,if i go sls which shop has the best deal. .
    i mean after you buy your camera

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •