Thread: Future in doubt

dommy
    Guests

Default Future in doubt

dear bros ,

I have been working is a local shipping company as a logistics exe for 2 years liao , previously also from shipping firm 2.5 years , coming to 30 next year , cant see any future myself , pay abt 2.5k , but really not enuff for me to set up a family , want to switch industry also very hard , sad to say I dun even know what is my interest in life . Also think I do not have drive and time to study , is there any way out in life?Is there any up-coming industry or any trend ? I really want to earn more money to have a better prospect in life .

Default Re: Future in doubt

Quote Originally Posted by dommy View Post
    dear bros ,

I have been working is a local shipping company as a logistics exe for 2 years liao , previously also from shipping firm 2.5 years , coming to 30 next year , cant see any future myself , pay abt 2.5k , but really not enuff for me to set up a family , want to switch industry also very hard , sad to say I dun even know what is my interest in life . Also think I do not have drive and time to study , is there any way out in life?Is there any up-coming industry or any trend ? I really want to earn more money to have a better prospect in life .
    Hi dommy

You need to have a positive mindset, this is very important especially during these period of time. From what you have mentioned, you have about 5 years of working experience in logistic/shipping industry. This is good experience which will put you in good steed. Singapore is a major trading hub and you should have lots of opportunity if you can identify which niche application to excel. To change to another industry at this point of time is not so good; my personal opinion.

Sometimes it is good if you can find your colleagues or friends in similar indutry and go for kopi session. Talk and discuss and you may find the light at the end of the tunnel. I am in Sales and Service industry so cannot offer any lobang or advice in shipping/logistic industry.

Regards
    htx

to excel in any trade or industry all required you to study hard and work hard, put in all your effort and 100% commitment, plus total persistent and determination. results will sure come one day.

if you think this is too hard and too much work for you, try to look out any get rich quick scheme, trick, plan or secret from the internet.

hope this help.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

i'm still light years away from 2.5k pay...

Walk around and see how business is being conducted.

Surf around and see how e-commerce works.

Think, Change and Venture.

NRNG =No risk No gain.

NSNPNG= No sweat No pain No money.

Join the construction industry
    where local shun
    foreign talents reign
    if you accept their challenge
    $4,000 is possible within 5 years from now
    of course it is not easy
    there will be sacrifice
    I started as a driver.......................

Quote Originally Posted by bodaiman View Post
    Join the construction industry
    where local shun
    foreign talents reign
    if you accept their challenge
    $4,000 is possible within 5 years from now
    of course it is not easy
    there will be sacrifice
    I started as a driver.......................
    i'm also in the construction industry, well sort of...4k per month, for that to happen, you need to be promoted to project manager or construction manager level...after the 2 major IR projects, i think this industry will die down again.

(edited)
    Now others do not go for a normal office job.
    They see that the fast track to lots of money is in talking other people out of their life savings.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 17th December 2009 at 01:42 PM.

S$2.5K/month is better than a lot of Singaporean already. Start saving, control on your spending.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

dommy
    Guests

thanks for all the advices bro ,
    I will comtemplate what I can do and have to set a target for myself next year .
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by dommy View Post
    thanks for all the advices bro ,
    I will comtemplate what I can do and have to set a target for myself next year .
    thanks.
    I believe everyone have a chance to make a break sometimes in their lives. It is whether you can see it and make the best out of it.

Hi bros,

Well six years ago, I've already telling that the future is not in doubt but scarry to live in Singapore. Simply with the high cost of living, even the public housing been increasing each year (wonder how the next generation going to cope it)? Other factors such as :
    -- increasing of foreign talent
    -- future cost in medical care
    -- etc....etc...

So what type of future are we facing??
    The fact that we are commoner (mid to low income people) not born with a silver spoon in the mouth got to fight for survival and that would be a very tough one indeed.

Perhaps it will come to a point where there be two contrasting class of citizen (the rich and poor) here...god knows??

Yes the future is bleak, we can change the future if the local dare to choose the alternative....

Quote Originally Posted by scanner View Post
    Yes the future is bleak, we can change the future if the local dare to choose the alternative....
    And, scanner bro, the alternative is....?