Thread: Ex company Not paying Salary

Default Ex company Not paying Salary

Hi,
    I left my ex-company for more than 6 months and they are still delaying my pay.

According to MOM, I am not cover under the employment act as I earn more than $2.5K.

Any advice on where else I can seek help from?

Thanks.

Default Re: Ex company Not paying Salary

Registered Debt collector.

Executive level staff who kenar play ... have no where to turn to for actual help.

Next time, make sure collect pay on the spot before walking out of the office. Under MOM law, IIRC, pay issues pertaining to the termination of services have to be settled withing 24 hours, so a company saying have to wait till end of the month for accounts dept to do bla bla bla, you can just tell them that such a practice is breaking the law, and that they must settle within 24 hrs. Of course, make sure you have on hand the actual chapter and paragraph stating that law. Once they know that you know, less chances they will take a risk and fool around.

Quote Originally Posted by Enquirer View Post
    Hi,
    I left my ex-company for more than 6 months and they are still delaying my pay.

According to MOM, I am not cover under the employment act as I earn more than $2.5K.

Any advice on where else I can seek help from?

Thanks.
    1)Try Small Claim court instead of your own lawyer. If that still does not work,

2)Sit outside company's gate at morning and knock-off time with placard saying the company owe you money. Make sure you call Stomp people also
    or get a friend to take a picture of you and post to Stomp.

From MOM's site:

"The Employment Act covers every employee (regardless of nationality) who is under a contract of service with an employer, except:

a)Any person employed in a managerial or executive position

b)Any seaman;

c)Any domestic worker; and

d)Any person employed by a Statutory Board or the Government. "

If you're not a manager or executive, you're covered.

Smile Re: Ex company Not paying Salary

even if you a mgr or exe, you can still approach mom for assistance in recovering your unpaid salary.

Thanks all for the advice. I am exec. but will still try to approach MOM if stll cant get any satisfactory answer from ex -company.

If anyone has any other advices, just keep me posted.

Thanks.

SCT does not cover employment disputes.

MOM can persuade, but cannot compel or arbitrate over disputes relating to payment of salary.

hi, on what grounds did u left the company ? resignation or termination ? i suggest u personally pay a visit to MOM at Havelock Road with all your documents, asking people in clubsnap on such matter is never as good as MOM could advise you.
    Last edited by raincool2005; 17th December 2009 at 07:39 PM.

i am a ex-hr practitioner. perhaps, under what circumstances did you leave your ex-employer whom you claimed 'still delaying my pay'?
    you may pm me if you are uncomfortable with detailing them openly.

Thanks all for the advice. I am exec. but will still try to approach MOM if stll cant get any satisfactory answer from ex -company.

If anyone has any other advices, just keep me posted.

Thanks.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 18th December 2009 at 08:43 AM.

Hi reachme,
    I resigned from the company and pursue elsewhere.
    Out of goodwill, i allow my company to delay my salary but i guess dragging more than 6 months and does not have a firm payment plan is like taking for granted.

I will still make a trip down to MOM and seek their advice.

Thanks.

did you serve out your notice period fully? did you owe yr ex-employer anything?

Hi reachme,
    I resigned from the company and pursue elsewhere.
    Out of goodwill, i allow my company to delay my salary but i guess dragging more than 6 months and does not have a firm payment plan is like taking for granted.

I will still make a trip down to MOM and seek their advice.

Thanks.

Well, if all else fails.. Threaten to expose them to the media, that usually works.
    Meow!