Thread: My friend's yellow Honda.

Default My friend's yellow Honda.

My friend bought a car recently and invited me to take some photos of it. My first attempt at car photography. C&C appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by wxwayne; 16th December 2009 at 12:03 PM.

Default Re: My friend's yellow Honda.

Think that burnpavement guy is more qualified to comment.

Yeah.. no offense but the first two pictures are not interesting at all.. the composition is really lacking.. maybe you could try a nearer perspective next time or if the car has something interesting on the side (i.e. decals, custom bodywork) then you can do sideshots. Otherwise, it's just a yellow car.

heh. eg6. the car is really a cult classic. get some moving panning shots.

Shooting car is not my forte, but on the technical side these are what I could say....

* colour of the two shot posted seems to be different, take note.
    * you 're trying to do reflection, but not successful.
    * an industrial location is definiely not a good place to shoot cars, unless other elements of interest are added
    * look for simple backgrd to complement the car...like a red, green or blue wall or something..if use total black, then your lighting technique must be expert and superb, so leave that out.
    * all windows to be wind up and any stickers on windscreen removed.
    * the wheels/rims are definitely too dark in this instance. Study the car befor you shoot.

That is about so much I can say, you may copy like what others do...do slow panning shot in an empty car park, he mentioned the car speed is only about 15 k/h. Not too fast isn't ?

cheers n good luck.
    Last edited by cabbySHE; 17th December 2009 at 03:01 AM.

This type of Honda Civic is a screamer... still very fast... can be as light as 890kg. Originally 160bhp, some got 180bhp, some 200bhp even, they took Integra Type R engine & put in. Even with original engine, some got turbo, waste gate or exhaust by-pass, can be 220bhp. So very fast, a lot of modern new cars no fight, example, a 5 speed manual Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0i... This Civic will still pulls away from the new Lancer when it is at 160km/h+.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbySHE View Post
    Shooting car is not my forte, but on the technical side these are what I could say....

* colour of the two shot posted seems to be different, take note.
    * you 're trying to do reflection, but not successful.
    * an industrial location is definiely not a good place to shoot cars, unless other elements of interest are added
    * look for simple backgrd to complement the car...like a red, green or blue wall or something..if use total black, then your lighting technique must be expert and superb, so leave that out.
    * all windows to be wind up and any stickers on windscreen removed.
    * the wheels/rims are definitely too dark in this instance. Study the car befor you shoot.

That is about so much I can say, you may copy like what others do...do slow panning shot in an empty car park, he mentioned the car speed is only about 15 k/h. Not too fast isn't ?

cheers n good luck.
    i guess he actually wind down the windscreen becoz of the reflection produce from his windscreen... well.. he could at least wind all the way and not leave something out
    ztphotography
    Nikon D90 | Nikon D600 | Canon ixus 120IS