Thread: DB-036 Question

Default DB-036 Question

I just bought the digi dry cabinet by digi cabi, when i open from box, its already set to the max for the humid control, i just left my cam inside after 10min of testing now i see the meter stuck at 53 RH which i dont feel comfortable with as i read up from most post, people advice to keep it at 40-45. can i know why isnt the humidity going down and its constant at 53 ? i try by opening the cabinet for 1min and close back, the RH rise to 59 and after 10min it falls back to 53.

will turning to max on the control box cause the RH to drop to really low and damage my newly bought equipment ? i just take out my equipment and monitoring my cabinet now. please help

Default Re: DB-036 Question

it will take a few hours to stabilize, be patient.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

what I did was to leave the cabi empty for about 24 hours (with power on of course), then put in my gears. Then adjust accordingly

Hope this helps
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

You can let your equipment stay inside while your figure out the dials. Electrical dehumidifier is a slow process (as long as 2 days ), especially having damp items inside.

The is no need to worry about too dry damaging the item as drycab cannot go very low and low humidity will not damage your camera within unspecified long period (it is still a hearsay thing imo). So you have all the time to try fiddling the dial out.

Now back to some common knowledge, you open the refrigerator for 1min, the kitchen warm air rushes in, temperature inside rises. The same principle applies to drycab except it is moisture air. While the fridge compressor cools the inside, drybox dries the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by VainKid View Post
    I just bought the digi dry cabinet by digi cabi, when i open from box, its already set to the max for the humid control, i just left my cam inside after 10min of testing now i see the meter stuck at 53 RH which i dont feel comfortable with as i read up from most post, people advice to keep it at 40-45. can i know why isnt the humidity going down and its constant at 53 ? i try by opening the cabinet for 1min and close back, the RH rise to 59 and after 10min it falls back to 53.

will turning to max on the control box cause the RH to drop to really low and damage my newly bought equipment ? i just take out my equipment and monitoring my cabinet now. please help
    :
    1. Max of humidity, means at the extreme right side? You need to turn the 'knob' according to the guide book, to your desire RH.
    2. 53 RH is ok. Let it settle 24 hours and check if it is still 53.

In the morning it turn to 39 and I adjust to let it settle at 45 now hopping to see it stable at 40 when I'm home. Just wonder how accurate is digital hygro meter

i got the AD-060L and it took me 3 days to stabilize. within these 3 days, the readings are sometimes unbelievable just be patient
    I shoot with my A7II . I shoot with my Kalashnikov AEG. I just love shooting ;)

Quote Originally Posted by r0n1n View Post
    i got the AD-060L and it took me 3 days to stabilize. within these 3 days, the readings are sometimes unbelievable just be patient
    It's true, it takes time. Mine (036) stabilized at 45. Somehow i wish it can be 50

On thing that folks have to know is that hygrometer can be +-5% (even 7%) difference from meter to meter.

Agree with this. There will be some degree of tolerance between hygrometers, don't worry if it reads 40 or 50 RH%, over a short period of time it does not have an appreciable effect on your equipment. Wait for the RH% to stabilise without opening the door for 1-2 days and fine tune the dial accordingly.

If you are really afraid of your camera growing plants, just take it out and shoot once a day. The fungus will have to find other homes to grow in...
    Quote Originally Posted by spheredome View Post
    On thing that folks have to know is that hygrometer can be +-5% (even 7%) difference from meter to meter.
    Nikonian since 2003
    F55 | D700

when i reach home the RH stable at 45 when i adjust to 3/4 of the meter, when i open up my cabi and remove my batt for charging, its now 49
    Last edited by VainKid; 17th December 2009 at 03:12 AM.

thank u guys appreciate ur help and advice