Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 111

Thread: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

  1. #61

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    are photographers inherently 妻管严?

    so many seemed to need permission to buy gears

  2. #62
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,084

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    I guarantee that whatever you bought would be infinitely more useful than a similar-priced diamond ring.
    SO TRUE hahahha

  3. #63

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Im from California.

    I dont think she can do that.
    http://www.buymeatoy.com/battery-operated-kids-Ride-On-Cars-Ride-On-Car-Riding-Toys-s/519.htm

  4. #64

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by UandMe View Post
    are photographers inherently 妻管严?

    so many seemed to need permission to buy gears

    Hahah, to be honest, i'm getting married soon. So (by right), I should not be spending so much money in equipment. She sure will start her nagging if she found out...

    I tot about the "oh, this is the kit lens, very cheap one" excuse. But I figure, if i bring this out to friend's gathering.. and shoot photo.... sure got this bugger who will come and say... "wa.. L lens, confirm 1k plus above hor.... "..

    Then i'm screwed.....

    Now must be very tactical......

  5. #65
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by katrinebonn View Post
    Im from California.

    I dont think she can do that.
    Maybe not in California.

    But in our country women hold the balls.


  6. #66
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mascaporne View Post
    I just bought...

    extension tube EF25
    Manfrotto Tripod 190cxpro3+ head
    EF 17-40mm L
    EF 100mm L macro
    Crumpler 6MDH
    Dry cabinet

    .... I really spent quite a bit.. if she found out... i'm dead meat...

    Become a monk.

    Then you can buy all the cameras and lenses you want.


  7. #67
    Member lamergod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fratton Park, Portsmouth
    Posts
    1,511

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Become a monk.

    Then you can buy all the cameras and lenses you want.

    GF wont check,but government will

  8. #68
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mascaporne View Post
    Hahah, to be honest, i'm getting married soon. So (by right), I should not be spending so much money in equipment. She sure will start her nagging if she found out...

    I tot about the "oh, this is the kit lens, very cheap one" excuse. But I figure, if i bring this out to friend's gathering.. and shoot photo.... sure got this bugger who will come and say... "wa.. L lens, confirm 1k plus above hor.... "..

    Then i'm screwed.....

    Now must be very tactical......
    Tell your gf you brought second hand at super low price....... so far so good for me.

    My gf can't even diff a 300f4 and a 300f2.8VR.

  9. #69
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Maybe all you showed her were your self-portraits.

    You handsome mah.



    Faintz........wah, uncle sion pp so good, until i so handsome.

  10. #70

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Mascaporne View Post
    Hahah, to be honest, i'm getting married soon. So (by right), I should not be spending so much money in equipment. She sure will start her nagging if she found out...

    I tot about the "oh, this is the kit lens, very cheap one" excuse. But I figure, if i bring this out to friend's gathering.. and shoot photo.... sure got this bugger who will come and say... "wa.. L lens, confirm 1k plus above hor.... "..

    Then i'm screwed.....

    Now must be very tactical......
    Black tape everything and no one can tell

  11. #71
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Tell your gf you brought second hand at super low price....... so far so good for me.

    My gf can't even diff a 300f4 and a 300f2.8VR.
    Thats the right move.. Sometimes dun reveal so much, its gd to "收一點"

    Told her my AFS 17-35mm f2.8 cost 800 used since she need to actually "approve my purchase" . She actually believe it, "sign off" and let me buy

    This is called 善良的謊言~
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  12. #72
    Senior Member Numnumball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    13,914

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Maybe not in California.

    But in our country women hold the balls.

    No arguements here.. hahaha...

    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

  13. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Perth Australia
    Posts
    2,548

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    ya lor, remember lessons learn for LOTR, her ring will control urs. what is hers is hers, whats urs is hers, most guys will tell u that from life experience.
    No no no no you got it all wrong.

    What's hers is hers, what's yours is hers, what you think of buying is hers, every penny you earn is hers and she owns you too and you will do what you are !#&@!!ing well told or your wedding tackle will be nailed to the wall using your favourite camera or lens (or both if very bad)...
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

  14. #74
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by lamergod View Post
    GF wont check,but government will
    Tell them they are donations from devotees.

  15. #75

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Your gf will kill you because you never spend ur hard earned money on her and get the 2k Gucci bag that she want??

  16. #76

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    I guarantee that whatever you bought would be infinitely more useful than a similar-priced diamond ring.
    that depends..

    the way some photographers use their equipment.. i think the diamond ring more useful

  17. #77
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Bottomline is your gf should never know anything on photography....peace on earth.

  18. #78

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by Leong23 View Post
    Bottomline is your gf should never know anything on photography....peace on earth.


    like that i how...

    alternatively, you can BBB before you get gf

  19. #79
    Senior Member Leong23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    within myself
    Posts
    3,186

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post


    like that i how...

    alternatively, you can BBB before you get gf
    She will use your $$$ to bbb instead.

    Next year 50mmf1.2L or 85mmf1.2L for her?????

  20. #80

    Default Re: I'm so going to get killed by my gf..

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    that depends..

    the way some photographers use their equipment.. i think the diamond ring more useful
    Ouch...

    ... my sympathies for the camera!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •