Thread: i'll boycott all of pang brothers future movies

Default i'll boycott all of pang brothers future movies

because feng yun 2 simply sucks. I wasted not just $7.5, but literally 110 minutes of my life.

why it suck???

1. Dialogue is simply non-existent. We are not gunning for engaging dialogue, but the very essence of Feng Yun are the poetic verses that are littered so liberally throughout the comic or even in part 1. In this particular movie, there is only 1 line. And they barely have 100 sentences of dialogue in total.

0.5 out of 5

2. Fighting. What fighting? This is really cinematography at it's WORST. i repeat, WORST. I have NEVER seen a more badly shot fighting movie. Even bullet proof monk starring Chow Yun Fatt is way better. When they fight all u get are blurry zoomed in scenes with focus shifting here and there. I got so pissed off watching that i actually took out my phone and enjoyed a game of sudoku when those 2 brothers engage in this super long and boring duel in the last 1/3 of the show.
    Granted that arron kwok and ekin chen are not skilled in martial arts, but at least show some decent CG or choreography. They can't fight in Feng Yun 1, but overall Feng Yun 1 fighting is still enjoyable.
    The only barely decent scene is when Wu Ming use the sword skill and that's like for 5 seconds.

0.5 out of 5

3. Story line. OMG, if you dun have a decent fight, at least have an coherent story line . Story is pretty fixed, but as directors, u set the stage and mood. Here, the story tumbled with a very hurried start, ( you really go WTF? HUH? then ...OKAY....). They started off captured. Some weird guy suddenly pops in with the antidote for Wu Ming ( later we learn it's his servant). Then somehow the other captured guys who didn't received the antidote suddenly found strength to break free of the chains and fight the big baddy...I mean, come on, if u can break off earlier, why now? Then suddenly Feng broke into the scene and fight, everyone lose to the big baddy who somehow decided not to give chase when he can kill people so easily and all this action take place in 5 minutes. If they give this a good 25 mins to develop the plot and cut down on some other lame fighting the movie would have been better at least.

It's very messy, very lousy and the only good is that it can be used as a prime example of negative teaching at film academy all over the world.

At this point about 5 minutes into the show, i really feel like walking out already.

We have little character development, there's no love between the lead female and male other than a lousy scene involving a handkerchief and a rice ball. Some parts are totally redundant, eg what's the one with the guy sweeping the floor that warrant a scene? It's dumb, it's lousy and it's crass. The baddie suddenly dies so easily ( yes, when he dies, i go WTF? HUH? then ...OKAY..how he die ar?) and the last 1/3 of the show centralize on some REALLY REALLY lame duel between the 2. Yawns factor is a full 100 marks.

0.1 out of 5

It's a really sucky show. i seldom seen such lousy movies. I am surprised that they even dare to release this.

Let me put it another way, this movie is so bad that even if i downloaded it for free to watch, i will probably delete it after the first 5 minutes, or if u want to torture someone, tie him and force him to watch many times over ( maybe he will die after the second time...so take care there...)

Default Re: i'll boycott all of pang brothers future movies

wow.... this review just saved me my $$$...... LOL...

It sounded so bad that it's good! I will watch it to see how bad it really is. Keke.

Whoa I hear you.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

i NEVER watch this type of 'cartoon'.
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

Ok, rapidshare version, here I come!
    Canon 5D Mark II | 24-70mm f2.8L | 50mm f1.2L | 85mm II f1.2L | 580EX II

Quote Originally Posted by andeelym View Post
    Ok, rapidshare version, here I come!
    im waiting for 720p version
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

wow...this bad eh? lucky can save some money liou.
    おれのflickrださ

Im going to Boycott all Hong Kong movies on big screen .. LOL ..

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Im going to Boycott all Hong Kong movies on big screen .. LOL ..
    i've oredi boycotted all hong kong movies in singapore cinemas...not becoz of the quality of the movie. but the abysimal voice acting (or total lack thereoff) of the dubbers here.
    おれのflickrださ

I think they have some pretty good shows in the recent past like jet li's hou yuen jia and the one about Bruce lee's sifu. How bout the coming "Bodyguards and Assassins"?

Wow, tks for sharing ur reivew, save my $8...
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

If you think Pang brothers are bad, wait until you see Pang sisters.

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post
    because feng yun 2 simply sucks. I wasted not just $7.5, but literally 110 minutes of my life.

why it suck???

1. Dialogue is simply non-existent. We are not gunning for engaging dialogue, but the very essence of Feng Yun are the poetic verses that are littered so liberally throughout the comic or even in part 1. In this particular movie, there is only 1 line. And they barely have 100 sentences of dialogue in total.

0.5 out of 5
    Wow, you really noted the number of sentences in the dialogue? But what you said is fairly true, dialogue is minimum. And, I don't remember hearing any memorable phrases or poetic verses either.

2. Fighting. What fighting? This is really cinematography at it's WORST. i repeat, WORST. I have NEVER seen a more badly shot fighting movie. Even bullet proof monk starring Chow Yun Fatt is way better. When they fight all u get are blurry zoomed in scenes with focus shifting here and there. I got so pissed off watching that i actually took out my phone and enjoyed a game of sudoku when those 2 brothers engage in this super long and boring duel in the last 1/3 of the show.
    Granted that arron kwok and ekin chen are not skilled in martial arts, but at least show some decent CG or choreography. They can't fight in Feng Yun 1, but overall Feng Yun 1 fighting is still enjoyable.
    The only barely decent scene is when Wu Ming use the sword skill and that's like for 5 seconds.

0.5 out of 5
    Yeah, it is true, what they have is something more like hollywood movies in which they rely a lot on computer graphics, but not as realistic as they could be. HongKong is good in Wushu Choreography (real physical action), it is a pity they didn't make good use of it in this movie, every figthing scenes relies on graphics.

As you mentioned, the 2 brothers fighting in the last footage of the movie, I can see that the directors were trying to focus more on "arts" or "photographic beauty" than wushu. The numerous flashes of images....... they are beautifully taken but I doubt most people will appreciate the effort in this area, including myself. A fighting scene without the usual Wushu Choreography is nothing; Just beautiful images. And I bet Hollywood is much better in this respect.

I had the same feeling as you, I felt that part 1 is much better. There were jokes, better fighting scenes and outdoor sceneries.

3. Story line. OMG, if you dun have a decent fight, at least have an coherent story line . Story is pretty fixed, but as directors, u set the stage and mood. Here, the story tumbled with a very hurried start, ( you really go WTF? HUH? then ...OKAY....). They started off captured. Some weird guy suddenly pops in with the antidote for Wu Ming ( later we learn it's his servant). Then somehow the other captured guys who didn't received the antidote suddenly found strength to break free of the chains and fight the big baddy...I mean, come on, if u can break off earlier, why now? Then suddenly Feng broke into the scene and fight, everyone lose to the big baddy who somehow decided not to give chase when he can kill people so easily and all this action take place in 5 minutes. If they give this a good 25 mins to develop the plot and cut down on some other lame fighting the movie would have been better at least.

It's very messy, very lousy and the only good is that it can be used as a prime example of negative teaching at film academy all over the world.

At this point about 5 minutes into the show, i really feel like walking out already.

We have little character development, there's no love between the lead female and male other than a lousy scene involving a handkerchief and a rice ball. Some parts are totally redundant, eg what's the one with the guy sweeping the floor that warrant a scene? It's dumb, it's lousy and it's crass. The baddie suddenly dies so easily ( yes, when he dies, i go WTF? HUH? then ...OKAY..how he die ar?) and the last 1/3 of the show centralize on some REALLY REALLY lame duel between the 2. Yawns factor is a full 100 marks.

0.1 out of 5
    Yeah, I was perplexed why the captured guys could suddenly break loose from the metal chains, they could have done so earlier.

Regarding the old guy sweeping the floor, this really is redundant. Initially, I thought he must be a very highly skilled fighter and will fight in later scene, but nothing comes out of it.

Character development is poor. There is really little exchange of conversation, except to find new wushu skill to fight the bad guys.

ONe thing is for sure, if you like animation/computer graphics/beautifully shot images, ignoring other aspects of the movie, you may just rate it as passable.
    Last edited by johnlim; 16th December 2009 at 11:13 AM.

Admin should sticky this....write better than those ST movies critics

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post

why it suck???

0.5 out of 5

0.5 out of 5

0.1 out of 5

It's a really sucky show. i seldom seen such lousy movies. I am surprised that they even dare to release this.

Let me put it another way, this movie is so bad that even if i downloaded it for free to watch, i will probably delete it after the first 5 minutes, or if u want to torture someone, tie him and force him to watch many times over ( maybe he will die after the second time...so take care there...)
    well said . this movie totally sucks , I am a hardcore fan of fengyun .
    totally disappointment , think the directors cmi.