Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $5 for Sky park???

Default Re: $5 for Sky park???

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    http://www.zaobao.com/sp/sp091215_019.shtml
    http://www.zaobao.com/sp/sp091215_019_1.shtml

There were no details on how to register. Zaobao mentioned the following :
    1. 1000 visitors per day.
    Not sure leh - Chinese wording in Zaobao reads 每次只准最多1000人(居民和外人)同时登楼 = "at anytime only allow 1000 visitors maximum".
    天国近了。
    Sony A550 & C3

Quote Originally Posted by anthonylfc View Post
    I think the $5 charge is fair...

if not ppl will swarm the skypark ! throw little.. create nuisance... and it will happen !!!
    even if ppl pay $5 or more, throw little.. create nuisance... will still happen !!!
    天国近了。
    Sony A550 & C3

Sooner or later the residents will be annoyed by photographers citing noise nuisance, privacy concerns and force the authorities to shut the sky park off to the public, and a couple of years before the estate goes en bloc and turns private.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Sooner or later the residents will be annoyed by photographers citing noise nuisance, privacy concerns and force the authorities to shut the sky park off to the public, and a couple of years before the estate goes en bloc and turns private.
    haha...shld org a photoshoot there...and bring out all the long lens....and everyone carries a walkie talkie like spies....

my friend got a unit there and was telling me how silly this is...haha...who says the HDB is losing money...pls..

Quote Originally Posted by anthonylfc View Post
    if not ppl will swarm the skypark ! throw little.. create nuisance... and it will happen !!!
    hahaha, of cause we will, we r singaporean after all.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

later there will be arguments why resident cant go to their own sky garden (quota hit liao). just like season car park ticket. popular car park r always crowded on holidays that resident cant park near to their block & has to park in another car park (block season ticket holder) & walk all the way back.

i will never buy a house in a hdb flat that limits when (by means of quota) i can go to my garden after paying so much for the house. good luck to the security or who ever control the traffic.
    Last edited by denniskee; 17th December 2009 at 11:41 PM.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

I think this is good measure to deter unnecessary characters. If you are the resident there, you also won't be unhappy to see irrelevant people walking around at your own backyard.

On the other hand does anyone ever wonder what the management is going to do with these entrance fees collected?

the 50th story garden is open to public with a fee of $5, the 26th floor is only for residents. Each unit is issued with 4 access cards... hehehe... i am sooo excited...

Quote Originally Posted by wilfred01 View Post
    the 50th story garden is open to public with a fee of $5, the 26th floor is only for residents. Each unit is issued with 4 access cards... hehehe... i am sooo excited...
    where to buy the tickets ?

Learn from the New Yorker:

Quote:
    "A businessman walked into a New York bank and asked for the loan officer. He said he was going to Europe for two weeks and needed to borrow $5,000. The loan officer said the bank would need some security for the loan. The businessman then handed over the keys to a Rolls-Royce that was parked on the street in front of the bank. Everythng checked out and the loan officer accepted the car as collateral for the loan. An employee then drove it into the bank's underground garage and parked it there. Two weeks later the businessman returned, repaid the 5,000 dollars and the interest, which came to $15.00. The loan officer said, “We do appreciate your business and this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a bit puzzled. While you were away we checked and found that you are a multimillionaire. What puzzles us is why you would bother to borrow $5,000?” The business man replied: “Where else in New York City could I park my car for two weeks for 15 bucks?"

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    pay by ezlink card

Quote Originally Posted by jellyfishy View Post
    I think this is good measure to deter unnecessary characters. If you are the resident there, you also won't be unhappy to see irrelevant people walking around at your own backyard.

On the other hand does anyone ever wonder what the management is going to do with these entrance fees collected?
    skygarder has higher maintenance fee cos must pay electricity to pump water that high to water the plants

5 bucks sounds fair to me...
    Meow!

From what I understand, it is paid by cashcard...

Quote Originally Posted by legiz View Post
    level 1 of block 1G, next to the bus stop.
    Canon 7D with 15-85mm

just a thought....its $5 to enter the sky park. so how much does it cost to use the carpark?
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

are they going to construct the ERP gentry at the entrance for photographers?
    always the Light, .... always.

5$ for photos you are aiming for.
    or spending 5hours aiming for the photo you want to shoot?
    not to impress but shoot to express

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123