Thread: HP Probook Laptop 4710s - usage with Lightroom PS etc...

Default HP Probook Laptop 4710s - usage with Lightroom PS etc...

Heya

I'm just looking for a laptop for photograph editing etc. etc. nothing crazy, just good lightroom and photoshop usage.

does anyone know if the 4710s is appropriate? i know its not flagged as a graphics laptop and people wld rather use a Macbook or either one of the Elitebooks or Vaios... however, i really like the price and look of the 4710s and wondering if anyone has used it here.

thanks

Default Re: HP Probook Laptop 4710s - usage with Lightroom PS etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 2evans View Post
    Yeah, but none of those are relevant to Photoshop.

TS, if you don't mind waiting a couple seconds longer, the HP should do fine. The biggest concern would be screen calibration - Macs and Sonys have calibrated screens and screens with a wider color gamut for better color accuracy.
    Alpha

yeah, i went to that website but as rashkae said, it doesnt tell me anything...

the monitor calibration does concern me somewhat. and yes, i am looking at the Vaio as well... but ive heard Sony vaios are not so stable? sigh.

i actually just really like the design of the 4710s :P and its relativey cheap as well...

Quote Originally Posted by theroo View Post
    yeah, i went to that website but as rashkae said, it doesnt tell me anything...

the monitor calibration does concern me somewhat. and yes, i am looking at the Vaio as well... but ive heard Sony vaios are not so stable? sigh.

i actually just really like the design of the 4710s :P and its relativey cheap as well...
    Then get it, but be aware of limitations. Process pics and try to take a look at them on other PCs to check the color profile.

Or get a screen calibrator / hire a calibration service.
    Alpha

the Sony Vaio AW does have a wonderful 137% Adobe RGB gamut, but you'll have problems adjusting the whitepoint of the screen to 5000k and the rest of the hardware is crap, and the whole package sits inside a plastic chassis.

factory calibrations normally will place the whitepoint anywhere between 6300k and 6800k, which looks nice and 'white' in any situation except when you're doing professional color work.

Not what i'll call a true industrial workhorse.
    sigh.