Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storm rider II ... A miss or a Hit

Default Storm rider II ... A miss or a Hit

Just finish watching Storm Rider II with denniskee. Have the feeling that the First movie is much much better that this part II.

Too much CG (computer graphic) process on this one. Most of the shooting setup is on the blue screen sets. Fighting style was total off alinement with the first series or comic book. To me it was like a combo of rojak "300" fighting style with a mix dash of harry potter's "dark smoke" effect.

Feel like director rushing to compress too much item into a limit time.

It was a really sad making of storm rider movie. There will be a part 3, hope will be better.

Default Re: Storm rider II ... A miss or a Hit

they might as well make it as an animation!! total waste of time & $$ watching the show.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

I prefer the Animation one. At least it make more sense and the fighting style very cool. Wind use his legs while cloud use his fist. its a let down for the movie version.

i prefer the comic. lol. lao ah pek like me cannot understand animation.

Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    i prefer the comic. lol. lao ah pek like me cannot understand animation.
    no lar, lau ah pek should watch big screen, comics book too small to see liao, got old flower eye mah.

heard nothing but complaints on how bad was the show by many people while walking from Cathey to Orchard Central.

strongly advice people not to waste ur hard earned $$.

man...
    i was catching the 2 movie marathon one at gv bishan, since it been many years since watch the storm rider, so i think it's a good chance to watch it again...
    the first one was ok, but somehow no subtitle... aiyo.. my chinese very bad leh
    then at the storm warrior one... the effect is overkill... then i fell asleep..

Quote Originally Posted by archlover View Post
    man...
    i was catching the 2 movie marathon one at gv bishan, since it been many years since watch the storm rider, so i think it's a good chance to watch it again...
    the first one was ok, but somehow no subtitle... aiyo.. my chinese very bad leh
    then at the storm warrior one... the effect is overkill... then i fell asleep..
    when the 1st storm rider was very bad, or that was how i felt after watching it last time. but now i feel it is actually an ave ok show after catching part 2.

The truth fact was:
    1) badly done
    2) trying very hard to meet up with the Western Movie
    3) lost of originatively

Total output of the movie = "CRAP and WAste $$ movie"
    ADvice = don't waste time watching it in big screen, If want to support, wait till the DVD is out.

Freaking waste of time and money. A show with no substance. Fighting for the sake of fighting. The CG style not really my style.

Totally agree that it's copying 300 and Harry Potter... In fact, at some point I though I was watching Street Fighter 4's opening .

I nearly dozed off twice during the show, too many slience scenes and there's some catch no ball portion, which I can remember vividly is the "Wind not wind, sword not sword word = 霸!?!?"... I was like 3 big drops of cold sweat and suddenly feeling naruto's "ah ho" crow appearing in the theatre from no where...
    Last edited by NovJoe; 13th December 2009 at 02:36 PM.

plot is horrible....concentrade too much on fighting and yet the it's repetitive esp the main villain. almost fallen asleep, only the annoying loud noises are keeping me awake.

After the show it left lots of Storm rider's Fan MOUTH WIDE OPEN. Poor lady actresses, totally like flower vase -> not much of acting skill nor dialog...

Quote Originally Posted by NovJoe View Post
    " 霸!?!?"...
    When this quote come out at the movie, everyone laugh ... WTF ... might as well call "BA : DAd " ...

They are destroying the soul of the storm rider ..

bros ,

totally no display of yun 's trademark palm cloud stroke and feng 's god of wind 's kick , at least there were some scenes in part 1 , the scenes are not grand enough , total actors/actresses not more than 100 people ?
    including care lear fare , the whole movie look very budget to me , disappointing. storyline.. there isn't any wide angle scene lol , yun last few scene quite nice thou

Actually thats the actual words that Wu Ming said in the drama series too. I dun find its funny at all haha
    Canon EOS 500D | Sigma DC OS 18-200mm | EF-S 55-250mm IS F4-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II

Really speechless ... No words in this world can describe how disappointed it is. Maybe i can associate it with "BOOMZz" ...

Quote Originally Posted by peterpan1975 View Post
    Really speechless ... No words in this world can describe how disappointed it is. Maybe i can associate it with "BOOMZz" ...
    yah, its a total failure when they had assembled such a strong cast...

i guess it's more like 'splat'
    sigh.

When this quote come out at the movie, everyone laugh ... WTF ... might as well call "BA : DAd " ...

They are destroying the soul of the storm rider ..
    Same here. The whole theatre is laughing at the whole scene when everyone was like WTF??? for 5 secs and then started laughing at how mr bean the whole scene has became.

I must say that it wasn't even worth half the ticket price. 0.5 out of 5 popcorns.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast