Thread: Save way to clean mirror of camera

Default Save way to clean mirror of camera

Wat do u pple use to clean the mirror of your cameras????The savest way pls........

Use a strong blower?
    One-North Explorers
    | Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but photos |

Blog Entries

try not to touch/clean the mirror of an SLR camera - its a silvered mirror and very prone to scratches.

the most you can do is to use a blower to remove the dust. if you are unlucky enough to have water spots, saliva or other liquid fall on the mirror, you can try to use isopropyl alcohol on a cotton tip to remove it - but do it very gently and don't try to clean the whole mirror, just the affected part.

The mirror has a special coating on it. If the offending particle cannot be dislodged by air, I would send it for proper cleaning. You have to be careful with cotton coz it may leave cotton strands behind on the mirror after cleaning.

where can i send camera for cleaning? and approximate cost?

It wouldn't affect the final photos. Why waste money cleaning it...sooner or later it will get more dirt again. The more you clean it...the more dirt it will get. Just ignore it...
    DR KOH KHO KING

i dun think dust on the mirror will affect the picture rite?

but i wonder if the dust on mirror will go to the CMOS later due the the mirror's movement....
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by kamwai
    i dun think dust on the mirror will affect the picture rite?

but i wonder if the dust on mirror will go to the CMOS later due the the mirror's movement....
    I think the original poster is using film SLR, not D-SLR. If film SLR, then there will be no C-Mos problem, but if D-SLR, then still better not to touch the mirror as to avoid more dust or scratches. D-SLR are expensive...better send to OEM to do servicing...
    DR KOH KHO KING