Thread: Rates for Different events

Default Rates for Different events

Hi there,

I'm starting out to provide some photography services however I'm not very sure over the rates and what is included in the rates, thus I was hoping some of you could share your experiences with me^^

I would like to ask how much do photographers normally charge for various events such as family, wedding,graduation, etc...

Also, does the charge include printing of photos(how many?), the service and the softcopies in a CD or does the charge only includes the service with a CD of the softcpoies?

In addition, how much are copyright charges?(per photo or all photo)

It would be great if some of you could PM me the rates you normally charge and what is included in the charge for my reference, thank you!

Default Re: Rates for Different events

Quote Originally Posted by Freewolf View Post
    Hi there,

I'm starting out to provide some photography services however I'm not very sure over the rates and what is included in the rates, thus I was hoping some of you could share your experiences with me^^

I would like to ask how much do photographers normally charge for various events such as family, wedding,graduation, etc...

Also, does the charge include printing of photos(how many?), the service and the softcopies in a CD or does the charge only includes the service with a CD of the softcpoies?

In addition, how much are copyright charges?(per photo or all photo)

It would be great if some of you could PM me the rates you normally charge and what is included in the charge for my reference, thank you!
    As a novice you'll be able to charge about $25-35 SGD an hour for your time on a photoshoot and about half that for post shoot work. Going rates have been discussed in other threads on CS so go hunt them up.

You can calculate your per print cost by adding up the cost of the ink used per print (typical) plus the cost of a 4x6 etc piece of photo paper for the printer and adding 3% of the printer's cost to the entire job (on top).

Read the thread on copyright to learn about your obligations as a photographer with regards to copyright ownership.

My rates are pretty much public knowledge, though you won't be in that price league for a very long time

Good luck.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Default Re: Rates for Different events

Icic, thx!
    Have been reading up myself around the threads and trying to understand them^^