Thread: Will you do some touch up on your pictures after been transfer to computer?

Default Will you do some touch up on your pictures after been transfer to computer?

I am wondering do most of you will do some touch up on your pictures after been transferred to computer???

As i have tried taken some pictures...but the color tone..look so dull and boring...but after some touch up..it seem pretty ok...so is it really normal to be like this??
    500D/50mm f1.4/90mm macro/17-55mm/EX580 II
    My flickr

Default Re: Will you do some touch up on your pictures after been transfer to computer?

it depends.

For me, if its event coverage, i will try to get it all right in-camera (colours, composition etc).

If it's my personal stuff, i will still try to get it all right in-camera, but shoot RAW and process the RAW file.

So its really up to you and the amount of free time you have.

but its not gd to be too reliant on post-processing is my point.
    Photography is about seeing without a camera.
    60D | LX3 | Flickr

Default Re: Will you do some touch up on your pictures after been transfer to computer?

Quote Originally Posted by ianhyk View Post
    it depends.

For me, if its event coverage, i will try to get it all right in-camera (colours, composition etc).

If it's my personal stuff, i will still try to get it all right in-camera, but shoot RAW and process the RAW file.

So its really up to you and the amount of free time you have.

but its not gd to be too reliant on post-processing is my point.
    Ya i agree too .. but when i take those pictures everything look fine in the LCD screen but when reached home...and transfer to computer ... is another set of result really hard to fix...so shooting raw is better??
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    Ya i agree too .. but when i take those pictures everything look fine in the LCD screen but when reached home...and transfer to computer ... is another set of result really hard to fix...so shooting raw is better??
    hmm not necessarily.. if what you see on the cam is diff from computer, it could be your computer monitor colours not adjusted properly.. i think
    Photography is about seeing without a camera.
    60D | LX3 | Flickr

erm....for example the below shoot i taken...can you advise me what wrong with it??
    http://album.blog.yam.com/show.php?a...i=11755992&p=2
    My flickr

I touch up before
    It is the camera, not the photographer.
    my flickr - adamloh.com

Quote Originally Posted by adamadam View Post
    I touch up before
    before??? so now u still touch up?? i just do auto tone/contrast/color that all..maybe is my monitor problem...try my other pc ..see if the result still remain the same or not
    My flickr

Quote Originally Posted by rysouke View Post
    You could look at the histogram...
    Shooting in RAW allows you to 'save more' details than JPEG but at the end of the day, you have to get the basics right.

Quote Originally Posted by FriedKimchi View Post
    You could look at the histogram...
    Shooting in RAW allows you to 'save more' details than JPEG but at the end of the day, you have to get the basics right.
    I have done some shooting today...and the problem is the pictures's color...seem like losing color...
    My flickr

This question is too general. For me, Yes and No. It really depends on whether you are happy with the captures and whether you feel that it is a must to touch up. Though said, I think there are some shots which requires PP no matter if the shot turns out well or not.

It is about color management. Choose the right color profile on your camera will depend how it looks ultimately whether you post it on web or print. Secondly, calibrate your monitor so that it will reflect the correct white balance and tone when you are doing the PP.

the digital photography is 50% of shooting skill + 50% of post-production skill. think about it.
    Bokelicious Photography : www.bokelicious.net --- Facebook.com/bokelicious