Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why always need justifications to buy a Mac?

Default Re: Why always need justifications to buy a Mac?

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    my vista hung on me maybe 5 times in the 3 years i use this laptop..

i don't know why people complain about windows, if you keep a clean ship, i.e. stop looking at weird sites (e.g. p0rn), stop visiting dubious links, stop clicking weird emails or msn messages from people who ask you to see them naked, you will not have problems!
    AGREE to nightmare! this will just kill u faster, same as mac user, even thou you don't see the link pop up but you still get it, just that you won't know it, nothing to justified about who is good or bad, personal opinion,used PC,laptop,Mac computers... mac is just about fanciful stuff..

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post
    there's a very strong x86 community out there....
    My next laptop would have specs compatible with the x86 wiki list to get full functions working with their OS
    Nikon.
    Nuff said.

i need mac because i want less wire

Here's why.

Recently a colleague of mine crashed his Windows Vista. He was having so much trouble upgrading to Windows 7 in the end he ended up rendering the computer useless and had to bring it down to a technician for a clean reinstall.

This is the same colleague whom I recommend he should get a Mac a year back. He's not very tech savvy and I could already see this coming when he told me at that time he's going to upgrade to Windows 7. His reason? "Mac is too expensive."

That's a fact, unfortunately. Can't argue with him.

But the thing is, you have to ask yourself, whether you value time more or money more. Some people take the bus, some the taxi, both get you to the same place.

If you've looking at very high level, ignoring all the bells and whistles, technology is really all about saving time and money. For me, I value time more.

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    A few of my classmates pondering to switch Mac and ask me what's the justifications and reasons to get a Mac?

Whenever people know I am a Mac user, they will ask me "why do I need a Mac?"

When people buy a Windows notebook, how come no one fire them for justifications to use Windows.
    Because these people are going for mac only to be with the "in" crownd, but they need to pretend they are doing it for technical reasons so they do not seem too shallow.

They already want a mac, except they have totally no idea what a mac does. Hence they need people to tell them the benefits of mac, so they can pretend to be a techie and prattle off the same speech to someone else about how superior their machine is.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Because these people are going for mac only to be with the "in" crownd, but they need to pretend they are doing it for technical reasons so they do not seem too shallow.
    well, it happens all the time

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post

i don't know why people complain about windows, if you keep a clean ship, i.e .........stop clicking weird emails or msn messages from people who ask you to see them naked, you will not have problems!
    You will have problem if you don't want to see such people.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchRival View Post
    Yeah, I suspect that with the popularity of the iPod (and now the iPhone) came a new crowd of Mac users -- those who are drawn by the design and perhaps the desire to join the 'in crowd'. Perhaps also growing affluence and the desire and ability to afford more expensive 'toys'.
    Yet I wouldn't disparage this new class of Mac user -- the increasing popularity has its advantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    Yeah, I suspect that with the popularity of the iPod (and now the iPhone) came a new crowd of Mac users -- those who are drawn by the design and perhaps the desire to join the 'in crowd'. Perhaps also growing affluence and the desire and ability to afford more expensive 'toys'.
    Yet I wouldn't disparage this new class of Mac user -- the increasing popularity has its advantages.
    My friends and classmates got their first Mac after getting iPod and iPhone as their first Apple product.

i got a macbook cos i cannot stand my old lenovo screen. it is just crap compared to the macbook's screen.

Just say you are vain. Mac for the super vain, arty farty, fun people.

But actually, its a lie! There is no fun factor with a mac. Its all up there in the boopy head. haha. I know because i have a mac and i dont feel a day younger using it. In fact, my eyesight is getting from bad to worse as my mac hasnt stopped working day after day, night after night. Virus is good for your eyes as they allow you to take a break or stay away from computer for a few days.

I miss my PC... I hate my mac... Will someone help me spoil my mac - i mean, the humane way?

i got a mac because.....

Because I want what a mac can do for me

not what i can do for my PC.

saying which, using both OSs on a daily basis, the Mac is a more niche product and does some things better while my W7 is certainly very nice for most things most people do with a computer.

I am more pissed off about my high end keyboard not having a command key and my razer refuses to work properly with my mac, having some sorta lag issue or something.
    Last edited by mrhobbit; 14th December 2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: typo

For current 27" mac owners. A good Xmas present from Apple.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...sellers_report

If I want an apple I go to a greengrocer, if I want a PC I get an IBM or clone. Simple really.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

The analogy is simple. Perception of default.

20 years ago when you buy an auto car, people asked "Why buy auto?". Reasons they give is auto car no power, high fuel consumption, etc.

Now, when you buy a manual car, people asked "Why buy manual?". Reasons they give is low resale value, traffic jam hassle, harder to sell, etc.

LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burnings View Post
    The analogy is simple. Perception of default.

20 years ago when you buy an auto car, people asked "Why buy auto?". Reasons they give is auto car no power, high fuel consumption, etc.

Now, when you buy a manual car, people asked "Why buy manual?". Reasons they give is low resale value, traffic jam hassle, harder to sell, etc.

LOL!!!
    I think you said you well.

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post
    A few of my classmates pondering to switch Mac and ask me what's the justifications and reasons to get a Mac?

Whenever people know I am a Mac user, they will ask me "why do I need a Mac?"

When people buy a Windows notebook, how come no one fire them for justifications to use Windows.
    Answer to your question. Watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVHVc...layer_embedded

Why a Mac? So that one can sit down at Starbucks and show off their hardware and use the wifi instead?

Okay but seriously, I don't think that getting a Mac because it is the "in" thing is a really good idea. You may be happy for a while because it's cool but when the troubles/issues/bugs/viruses/whatnots starts to creep in, you better not complain.

Why not just use DOS. Retro is in, no?

use what you like. Thats the best. If you are used to pc, use pc, if you are used to mac, use mac. As Simple as that. Why bother to justify.

Blog Entries

thumbs up. actually it isnt the mac hardware that is attractive. but rather the mac os. its way more stable than windows. xp trashes vista hands down. hence u have windows 7.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast