Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Why always need justifications to buy a Mac?

Default Re: Why always need justifications to buy a Mac?

Mac vs PC is same as iphone vs the rest of the brands....

Its just so much better...
    Gallery|Baby gallery
    I have become an expert in cleaning poo

Quote Originally Posted by adorable View Post

I wanted to tell them "Tell me compelling reasons to use Windows"
    It is the de facto OS, no compatibility issues whatsoever.
    It has better value-for-money.
    Gaming station.
    You are with the masses. People don't see you as a snob.
    Have no problem doing your work at home because you are using the same OS as your office.

Train your troubleshooting skill.

A few of my classmates pondering to switch Mac and ask me what's the justifications and reasons to get a Mac?

Whenever people know I am a Mac user, they will ask me "why do I need a Mac?"

When people buy a Windows notebook, how come no one fire them for justifications to use Windows.
    I think they just want to know if they are missing something
    Last edited by jopwork; 11th December 2009 at 06:02 PM.

I pay more for my mac for lesser troubles and keep my hair intact from all the PC faced

i use mac bcoz of the aluminum-built hardware (generally they are aluminum-built), different OS (not better than Windows but definitely it has its own advantages), and just be a lil' bit different from the rest (now not really, many peep use mac alr :S).
    nihon go o hanasemasen ka?

i got a Mac because i want to see what is all the fuss about a Mac
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Its almost like why people buys ipod when Creative mp3 players features were much better...

Quote Originally Posted by Pokerfaze View Post
    Train your troubleshooting skill.
    I'm a Mac user, and I have no issues with other users' personal choices in OS, hardware etc (use whatever makes you happy), but that statement is hardly a ringing endorsement of Windows!

Cos' people are afraid to come to the DARK SIDE

Tell them.... "Once you go Mac, U ain't turning back !"

A few of my classmates pondering to switch Mac and ask me what's the justifications and reasons to get a Mac?

Whenever people know I am a Mac user, they will ask me "why do I need a Mac?"

When people buy a Windows notebook, how come no one fire them for justifications to use Windows.
    Take-Off is Optional; Landing is Mandatory !
    flickr

in the US, more people use mac then pc. Think the question will be asked the other way.

because we are all addicted to the windows sound

Quote Originally Posted by tltan View Post
    in the US, more people use mac then pc. Think the question will be asked the other way.
    Eh, where did you get that idea? A market share of less than 10% is hardly dominance, even if you allow for the fact that market share and usership aren't synonymous.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...march_quarter/

eerrrrrrr.........................

if TS was asking about camera and lenses,

we would have got Clubsnap most ingamous SNUB,

if you don't know (justify), you don't need it (Mac)

If apple will junk iTunes then it will be good. As long as iTunes is used on Mac products....it makes the product junk. Better to go unix platform.....Mac is nothing more then a front for unix which is not that great compared to GNOME or KDE.

i got Mac coz i don't like KFC

now i need to find some justifications on why i should get a MacBook...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    Eh, where did you get that idea? A market share of less than 10% is hardly dominance, even if you allow for the fact that market share and usership aren't synonymous.

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...march_quarter/
    Well, at least where I am in california now,like 50-60 % users are Mac User. Even office and IT personnel in the university I work at are using Mac. thats where i got my idea i guess.

its up to individual what he wants to use. mac users do get virus too.....just rarely.

I think is a nonsense to debate for such technical stuff, it's just a computer that works in different OS, i does get such question too : "oh if i use mac is it a virus free computer? without getting any antivirus software?" or "designers are always using mac is that a must? so if i'm designing i MUST use a mac?" how true? do you really need a mac to be a workhorse for your designing software or even photography? i think is just a trend, in sg people always follows what others are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aidil Omar View Post
    No need earth-shattering graphic cards for me. I partition my Macs with Windows just to to play games like Dragon Age and Company of Heroes and I like them just fine. All the rest of my working apps on Snow Leopard. What's important for me that my macs are free from malware, spyware, tupperware etc..
    Mac where got free of malware , spyware? That's a miserable myth that apple perpetuate...Just google for it. And in a way, it's worse b/c there's very little support for MAC users if a deadly virus do hit and it's only a matter of time.
    For PC users, well, we are hit so often that we learn how to immunize our selves and there's simply so many anti-watever-ware out in the market. Even the free ones are very very good.

And MAC do hang as well. In fact, windows XP is very stable already. I really dun recall anytime in the last 5 years seeing a blue screen of death due to software issues ( got 2 times cos of harddisk spoil though). For someone that uses the PC everyday at work, at home for video, games, pictures etc , i say that's a pretty good track record. It's really quite stable and i really dun see the lame issue people have with the "BLueeeee" screen of death..

Anyway, pure reason why i might get a MAC is for the software environment. The iphone is normal as a phone , but the ability to install those wonderful apps makes it fun to have. Same thing for MAC, it's the software that's rather nice...but i dun want to pay $1.5K for a mac book with specs that's even lower than a $799 Acer laptop...

which is why there's a very strong x86 community out there....

Quote Originally Posted by cosycatus View Post

And MAC do hang as well. In fact, windows XP is very stable already. I really dun recall anytime in the last 5 years seeing a blue screen of death due to software issues ( got 2 times cos of harddisk spoil though). For someone that uses the PC everyday at work, at home for video, games, pictures etc , i say that's a pretty good track record. It's really quite stable and i really dun see the lame issue people have with the "BLueeeee" screen of death..
    my vista hung on me maybe 5 times in the 3 years i use this laptop..

i don't know why people complain about windows, if you keep a clean ship, i.e. stop looking at weird sites (e.g. p0rn), stop visiting dubious links, stop clicking weird emails or msn messages from people who ask you to see them naked, you will not have problems!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast