Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 80

Thread: Avatar

  1. #41

    Default Re: Avatar

    I watch at Lido with the realD glasses during the movie gala. AMAZING! then I just watch at GV tonite again in 3D

    HELL LOT OF A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

    the GV vivo is using the outdated red blue glasses which is so hard to watch and blurry and dim!!! waste my $$$$ damn angry....

    please don't waste this movie at theater using this out dated technology... a few more days will be 2010 liao, i am shock Singapore still using so outdated crap...

  2. #42
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: Avatar

    Which cinemas have the 3D glasses ?

  3. #43
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    I watch at Lido with the realD glasses during the movie gala. AMAZING! then I just watch at GV tonite again in 3D

    HELL LOT OF A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

    the GV vivo is using the outdated red blue glasses which is so hard to watch and blurry and dim!!! waste my $$$$ damn angry....

    please don't waste this movie at theater using this out dated technology... a few more days will be 2010 liao, i am shock Singapore still using so outdated crap...
    Wow didn't know that GV Vivo is using the old 3D glasses. Luckily I watched it at GV Tiong Bahru and they were using the liquid crystal shutter glasses. I wonder why they make so many versions of the film. One version each of 2D & 3D I can understand, but many versions of 3D based on different technologies? And there is no reason for GV to import different 3D versions, other then to save cost on the goggles...
    Last edited by ziploc; 21st December 2009 at 01:08 AM.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Wow didn't know that GV Vivo is using the old 3D glasses. Luckily I watched it at GV Tiong Bahru and they were using the liquid crystal shutter glasses. I wonder why they make so many versions of the film. One version each of 2D & 3D I can understand, but many versions of 3D based on different technologies? And there is no reason for GV to import different 3D versions, other then to save cost on the goggles...
    Yes, the cinema also don't state which technology they are using! if i would know that they using the lousy red blue crap. i will have watch it else where liao!!!

    felt so cheated! they better give out free panadol next time...

  5. #45
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    Yes, the cinema also don't state which technology they are using! if i would know that they using the lousy red blue crap. i will have watch it else where liao!!!

    felt so cheated! they better give out free panadol next time...
    Yea I can understand how frustrating it can be. Initially I was also thinking of watching at GV Vivo, but the timing was not right and so I ended up watching it at GV Tiong Bahru. I would certainly be very disappointed if it was the blue/red version. I mean, come on, that was the 1st generation technology from 3 decades ago! The worst is you wouldn't know when buying the tickets, cos the goggles are handed out only when you get into the cineplex.

  6. #46
    Senior Member TheChef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Where the action is
    Posts
    2,304

    Default Re: Avatar

    This show is awesome in terms of 3D effects. Highly recommended.
    S5Pro|S3Pro|D50|16-85VR2|70-200VR|80-400VR|S50f1.4|105f2|135f2|SB900|SB80DX

  7. #47

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by TheChef View Post
    This show is awesome in terms of 3D effects. Highly recommended.
    I didn't watch in 3D but still think it's a great movie nevertheless.

    Advice to those who are waiting for DVD (or online version) to come out then watch... DON'T!

  8. #48

    Default Re: Avatar

    Whatever plants you see are actually a replica from the our ocean. E.g tubeworm, anemones, corals, baby jellyfish, sea fans.

    But I must say, it is the most beautiful picture seen so far from start to end. Excellent. I will go and see the 3D version again.

  9. #49

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
    I watch at Lido with the realD glasses during the movie gala. AMAZING! then I just watch at GV tonite again in 3D

    HELL LOT OF A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

    the GV vivo is using the outdated red blue glasses which is so hard to watch and blurry and dim!!! waste my $$$$ damn angry....

    please don't waste this movie at theater using this out dated technology... a few more days will be 2010 liao, i am shock Singapore still using so outdated crap...
    Can't believe they still use the outdated "red & blue" plastic spect!

    My goodness! That was very primitive; I remembered watching the movie "Jaws" which was some kind of a 3D movie many years ago. It was really bad, I didn't enjoy it.

    I am definitely going to Lido.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Avatar

    anybody been to GV at Bishan? are they using ancient 3D eyewear?
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  11. #51
    Senior Member +evenstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Singapore / United Kingdom
    Posts
    5,655

    Default Re: Avatar

    is cineleisure good for watching this movie?
    eat. drink. shoot

  12. #52

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui View Post
    anybody been to GV at Bishan? are they using ancient 3D eyewear?
    Looks like GV Bishan is using the new glasses

  13. #53
    Moderator ziploc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Snoopyland
    Posts
    4,577

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by johnlim View Post
    Can't believe they still use the outdated "red & blue" plastic spect!

    My goodness! That was very primitive; I remembered watching the movie "Jaws" which was some kind of a 3D movie many years ago. It was really bad, I didn't enjoy it.

    I am definitely going to Lido.
    Haha I watched Jaws in the red & blue goggles too when I was a small boy. And I still remember subsequently watching a 3D chinese kongfu movie. By that time they had already advanced to the polarizing goggles, and as a young kid I was so impressed when the weapons like swords & stuff stuck out from the screen. Hmm now everyone know how old we are. lol

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    State of Confusion
    Posts
    2,196

    Default Re: Avatar

    I watched the normal version of it. The technology is groundbreaking, the storyline isn't. Too predictable. Nonetheless, it's still an excellent movie.

    The real message of the movie is that if you wanna get some respect, you gotta arrive in a really hot ride.
    Sony Alpha system user. www.pbase.com/synapseman

  15. #55

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by ziploc View Post
    Haha I watched Jaws in the red & blue goggles too when I was a small boy. And I still remember subsequently watching a 3D chinese kongfu movie. By that time they had already advanced to the polarizing goggles, and as a young kid I was so impressed when the weapons like swords & stuff stuck out from the screen. Hmm now everyone know how old we are. lol
    Yeah, the Jaws movie. It was the top movie at that time; Very entertaining, but the Jaws2 or 3(I can't remember), which was 3D, was blury & dark.

  16. #56

    Default Re: Avatar

    Yeah that's Jaws 3D ---- geddit ??? ??? ? hahah

    Yeah the story's trite. You could see it from a mile away. The pre pubescent love talk was a little schmaltzy, but the fluorescent colouring and the forests, scenery, and general cg work was truly a masterpiece.

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Serangoon North
    Posts
    2,225

    Default Re: Avatar

    Confirm GV Bishan is using the new 3D glasses. Great movie. Gives me the same feeling when I first watch LOTR. Now I wanna dye my skin blue liao.

  18. #58

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by synapseman View Post
    I watched the normal version of it. The technology is groundbreaking, the storyline isn't. Too predictable. Nonetheless, it's still an excellent movie.

    The real message of the movie is that if you wanna get some respect, you gotta arrive in a really hot ride.
    I read somewhere that the author only takes 3 hrs to write the story.

    Bangkok is showing the movie in IMAX apart from 3D & normal version.

  19. #59

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    I didn't like it
    granted, I watched the 2d version, but I felt it was very "american"
    of course the natives are a bunch of nature loving hippies who use bows and arrows

    I think it lacked a certain ability to connect with the viewer, and I never felt surprised during the movie in the same way that District 9 surprised me.
    That pretty much sum it up doesn't it? But who doesn't love a good holiday blockbuster? I'm so gonna watch this just for kicks...

  20. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by dominicchin View Post
    Looks like GV Bishan is using the new glasses
    Quote Originally Posted by m3lv1nh0
    Confirm GV Bishan is using the new 3D glasses. Great movie. Gives me the same feeling when I first watch LOTR. Now I wanna dye my skin blue liao.
    thanks guys. will go there for the 3D version after watching the 2D version.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •