Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

  1. #1

    Default Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Man... the more research I do, the harder I can make my decision.

    Drawback of each camera:

    Panasonic LX3 - Poor optical zoom, standard movie recording
    Panasonic TZ7 - Standard picture output, non-full manual (can someone confirmed?)
    Canon S90 - Poor movie recording, not as versatile as Panasonic LX3
    Canon SX200 IS - Standard picture output

    First time buyer. But it's already killing me to make decision. Please advise.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Seems like ur searching for a video camera instead.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    lol... er... first time buying camera, so I am a little want a full feature lar...

    Anyway, i am willing to sacrifice the video recording. So now it's down to LX3 and S90. Wondering what's the price for S90.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Quote Originally Posted by vicgray View Post
    lol... er... first time buying camera, so I am a little want a full feature lar...

    Anyway, i am willing to sacrifice the video recording. So now it's down to LX3 and S90. Wondering what's the price for S90.
    save your money...get an Canon SX20 IS or an Sony HX1 would be my recommendation.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Why Canon SX20IS? I'm also having a dilemma which to choose from cuz in the end I will be getting a DSLR but I want to have a digicam (prosumer/compact) for convenience sake. Imagine lugging a DSLR everywhere you go everyday... faints

  6. #6

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    i finally set my eyes on Canon S90. Compact and powerful.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Pls get GF-1. Best of both world. Compact size, DSLR capabilities.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    I've used LX3 and vouch for it..but in the end, it's your decision

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Quote Originally Posted by vicgray View Post
    Man... the more research I do, the harder I can make my decision.

    Drawback of each camera:

    Panasonic LX3 - Poor optical zoom, standard movie recording
    Panasonic TZ7 - Standard picture output, non-full manual (can someone confirmed?)
    Canon S90 - Poor movie recording, not as versatile as Panasonic LX3
    Canon SX200 IS - Standard picture output

    First time buyer. But it's already killing me to make decision. Please advise.
    FYI the LX3 is NOT poor optical zoom but the range is limited. Usually those with poorer optical zooms are the ultrazooms at the tele end where pics quality does degrade a bit.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    I have a friend selling his Canon S90 to buy a LX3. He's not too happy with the Canon.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefman View Post
    I have a friend selling his Canon S90 to buy a LX3. He's not too happy with the Canon.
    I guess your friend like the hotshoe & lens adapter.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Quote Originally Posted by Stefman View Post
    I have a friend selling his Canon S90 to buy a LX3. He's not too happy with the Canon.
    What is the reason?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    i would say s90 is more versatile due to the range of the lens than lx3. nonetheless, i got an lx3 and am loving it.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Quote Originally Posted by halik View Post
    i would say s90 is more versatile due to the range of the lens than lx3. nonetheless, i got an lx3 and am loving it.
    In addition S90 has an integrated front filter for the lens as protection. But the LX3 wins in max aperture for the range.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    In addition S90 has an integrated front filter for the lens as protection. But the LX3 wins in max aperture for the range.
    Aperture range
    s90 = F2.0 - F4.9
    lx3 = F2.0 - F2.8


    im confused... does it mean lx3 wins in the aperture range????

  16. #16
    Senior Member Anson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    ansonchew.com
    Posts
    8,205

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Quote Originally Posted by phpjazz View Post
    Aperture range
    s90 = F2.0 - F4.9
    lx3 = F2.0 - F2.8
    If I may make a some comparison:

    FZ50 = F2.8 ~ F3.7 ....

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Quote Originally Posted by phpjazz View Post
    Aperture range
    s90 = F2.0 - F4.9
    lx3 = F2.0 - F2.8

    im confused... does it mean lx3 wins in the aperture range????
    Yes of cos as the numbers speak for itself.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    Quote Originally Posted by Anson View Post
    If I may make a some comparison:

    FZ50 = F2.8 ~ F3.7 ....
    May I make another comparison. FZ20 = f/2.8 constant!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  19. #19
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,541

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    i sold my lx3 and got a S90.

    S90 iso performance wins over LX3 anyday, which is an important factor for me.
    A7R2|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|Σ150|70-200G2

  20. #20

    Default Re: Panasonic LX3 & TZ7, Canon S90 & SX200 IS

    seriously? I hesitated cos i tot the s90 iso perf will be inferior. esp given that the lens not tat fast in comparison w LX3.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •