Thread: Any property gurus in CS?

Default Any property gurus in CS?

Hi all, recently I bought a private property and rented it out. Thinking that I could still use the facilities. But when I tried to apply for a residence card for myself, management office told me that I can't do that as I rented out the whole apartment and I am not staying there. I paid Stamp Duty for the property as well (it is required if I am renting out the whole property so that the current tenant can apply for whatever he needs e.g. Cable, Internet etc as if he is the owner - hope my definition is right on this as well).

Anyway, I would like to seek help from CS, if any, if anyone has similar experience or have any ways to go around this 'problem'. My gut feel is that I can't do it as this is the Rules and Regulation of the committee/ condo.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Default Re: Any property gurus in CS?

Quote Originally Posted by coughybean View Post
    Hi all, recently I bought a private property and rented it out. Thinking that I could still use the facilities. But when I tried to apply for a residence card for myself, management office told me that I can't do that as I rented out the whole apartment and I am not staying there. I paid Stamp Duty for the property as well (it is required if I am renting out the whole property so that the current tenant can apply for whatever he needs e.g. Cable, Internet etc as if he is the owner - hope my definition is right on this as well).

Anyway, I would like to seek help from CS, if any, if anyone has similar experience or have any ways to go around this 'problem'. My gut feel is that I can't do it as this is the Rules and Regulation of the committee/ condo.

U have answered ur own question!

For the Stamp Duty part as long as u buy a property u are to pay stamp duty which is about 3% of ur purchase price.

For renting it is E-Stamping which is borne by the tenants approx $XX - $xxx. depending on rental and no of yrs of lease.

Cheers!

I think the mgt office is right - that you are not the condo's resident. you are the landlord. assume all apartments are rented out in this particular condo, and all landlords want to come and enjoy the facilities, suddenly they have to cope with 200% the demand.
    That will translate into dissatisfaction.

Just switch role that you are renting and you ended queuing for the treadmill because you landlord who doesn't stay there is using it. howzit?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    U have answered ur own question!

For the Stamp Duty part as long as u buy a property u are to pay stamp duty which is about 3% of ur purchase price.

For renting it is E-Stamping which is borne by the tenants approx $XX - $xxx. depending on rental and no of yrs of lease.

Cheers!
    Thanks! Yup! Mine was E-Stamping. What happens if I tell the management I am not renting the apartment already? (I can terminate the contract and compensate) Sigh... think there are no ways ... damn the management!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    I think the mgt office is right - that you are not the condo's resident. you are the landlord. assume all apartments are rented out in this particular condo, and all landlords want to come and enjoy the facilities, suddenly they have to cope with 200% the demand.
    That will translate into dissatisfaction.

Just switch role that you are renting and you ended queuing for the treadmill because you landlord who doesn't stay there is using it. howzit?

Yeah! Truly understand this situation .... but other condos allow such things to happen! i.e. allow non staying owners to own resident card! suay me!

maybe you should have a resident card made, then rented it out?

or

rent them the whole apartment except the storeroom? lol, so you're considered resident too? Then shave a bit off their monthly rental fee?

not all managements work that way.

some condo managements issue certain number of cards based on apartment size, and then you are free to do as you please. of course, if the tenants want all the cards, i think you probably have not much leeway to refuse them if you are charging full rental price.

maybe some way of thinking of it is to take for example, parking lots. if you rent out to 3 working professionals, each with their own car.. and then you have 2 cars yourself, that's one apartment taking up 5 parking lots. OF COURSE NOT, right?
    Last edited by night86mare; 10th December 2009 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post

or

rent them the whole apartment except the storeroom? lol, so you're considered resident too? Then shave a bit off their monthly rental fee?
    Is that doing the right thing?

If you have rented out your place, the facilities are meant for use by the tenant.

Cheers

PS: if you have a kind neighbour who is willing to book tennis etc for you, that is under his or her entitlement...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post

or

unlikely it will work.
    when the tenant apply for the card, they need nric + the tenancy agreement which has the list of residents in it to support the application. therefore any cards issued before are likely expired.

when tenant moves out, they are supposed to surrender the cards to the mgt office.

Yeah! Truly understand this situation .... but other condos allow such things to happen! i.e. allow non staying owners to own resident card! suay me!
    When I was renting condo, sometimes my landlord came around to use the pool.
    they have access to the condo maybe because they have the parking permit hence can come in.

sure, every condo may have a different set of guidelines.

Just had a thought. If you are the landlord and you bump into your tenant, whom then complains this complains that to you while you want to enjoy the facilities, then how?
    You just want the rent from them and no hassles, right?

Thanks! Yup! Mine was E-Stamping. What happens if I tell the management I am not renting the apartment already? (I can terminate the contract and compensate) Sigh... think there are no ways ... damn the management!
    U want to terminate just to enjoy the facilaties? Not worth the trouble, time n money la....just endure it.

Different managament work differently and they have a limitations on their residence card some cap at 4 some 5 it all depends them.

One way is when the tenancy expires check with the management how many cards are issue out for each unit then when u renting out the second time then u can keep one for yourself provided the cards enough for ur new tenants.

Another way change the management (not easy)... and by that time ur tenant might have completed their lease terms liao.

At law, a lease is exclusive to the lessee/tenant. This means the lessor must keep out and stay out.

As a lessor, this means you have no right of residence and you should have no resident card.

it is diffrerent if it are a license