Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: ClubSNAP's 'Day@TheZoo - Logistics and Important Information

  1. #1
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default ClubSNAP's 'Day@TheZoo - Logistics and Important Information

    Location of Forest Lodge - please refer to attached.



    ---------------------------

    Transportation
    Thanks to Nikon Singapore, we can now confirm that there will be transportation provided to/from the Singapore Zoo.
    The bus to be used is easy to spot - it will be the one with Nikon advertising on it, and there will be a Nikon sign next to the bus. We will also assign a Moderator to be there to act as a guide.

    Bus schedules:-
    8:45am - From Ang Mo Kio Interchange to Singapore Zoo.
    5:00pm - From Singapore Zoo to Ang Mo Kio Interchange.

    ---------------------------

    Zoo Entrance
    This is where it gets a bit complicated, depending on several factors. See which group you fall in, and follow the instructions there:-

    Friends of the Zoo members and purchased 'Day@TheZoo tickets
    1. Use your FOZ pass to get into the Zoo.
    2. Make your way to the Forest Lodge.
    3. Present your 'Day@TheZoo tickets to the registration desk to get your badge. Retain ticket stub for Lucky Draw

    Friends of the Zoo members but didn't purchase 'Day@TheZoo tickets
    1. Use your FOZ pass to get into the Zoo.
    2. Make your way to the Forest Lodge.
    3. Buy ticket from registration desk and get your badge. Retain ticket stub for Lucky Draw.

    Not a Friends of the Zoo member and purchased 'Day@TheZoo tickets
    1. At the Zoo Entrance, present your 'Day@TheZoo ticket(s) to the ticketing counter to get your FREE Zoo Entrance ticket(s). One 'Day@TheZoo ticket = One Zoo Entrance. Make sure you retain the larger portion of the ticket for Lucky Draw (see below).
    2. Make your way to the Forest Lodge.
    3. Present your 'Day@TheZoo ticket stub to the registration desk to get your badge. Retain ticket stub for Lucky Draw.



    Not a Friends of the Zoo member and didn't purchase 'Day@TheZoo tickets
    1. Purchase normal Zoo entrance tickets.
    2. Make your way to the Forest Lodge.
    3. Buy ticket from registration desk and get your badge. Retain ticket stub for Lucky Draw.
    4. Get refund for your Zoo Entrance from registration desk.

    Not a Friends of the Zoo member; didn't purchase 'Day@TheZoo tickets; Not Going
    1. eh? Why you reading this? You don't know half the fun you are going to miss. Never mind, there's always next year

  2. #2
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    oopps... forgot to unlock this thread.
    Please post any questions you may have here - I hope that I have been clear enough in my explanations.

  3. #3

    Default

    I am not a FOZ nor have purchased a day@zoo ticket.
    So i buy a full ticket price($12.25, no 25% discount) and will get full refund at the registration counter upon purchase of day@zoo ticket?
    Last edited by Helbreath; 13th February 2004 at 10:47 PM.

  4. #4
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Helbreath
    I am not a FOZ nor have purchased a day@zoo ticket.
    So i buy a full ticket price($12.25, no 25% discount) and will get full refund at the registration counter upon purchase of day@zoo ticket?
    Thats the idea - would have been better if you had purchased the 'Day@TheZoo ticket cos Zoo is charging us a discounted rate, but since you didn't, we will refund the amount paid for the entrance (if you have POSB account, you can get a 20% discount).

    And of course, you still need to buy the 'Day@TheZoo ticket at the door

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Thats the idea - would have been better if you had purchased the 'Day@TheZoo ticket cos Zoo is charging us a discounted rate, but since you didn't, we will refund the amount paid for the entrance (if you have POSB account, you can get a 20% discount).

    And of course, you still need to buy the 'Day@TheZoo ticket at the door
    Thanks for the fast reply....

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Near the Clouds
    Posts
    557

    Default

    Piece of s***. I don't know the Zoo well.
    I'm the most likely to get lost. So are there any obvious signs that my bimbo mind will notice?

    LOL. What if I got so lost that I started taking pictures around the Zoo without even going to the Forest Lodge?

    N.B: I forgot that this is a family forum for all ages and that swear words will be censored out.. *mutter*

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poledra
    Piece of s***. I don't know the Zoo well.
    I'm the most likely to get lost. So are there any obvious signs that my bimbo mind will notice?

    LOL. What if I got so lost that I started taking pictures around the Zoo without even going to the Forest Lodge?

    N.B: I forgot that this is a family forum for all ages and that swear words will be censored out.. *mutter*
    hop on the tram and get off at tram stop number 3. forest lodge is next to it.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default

    there is also another simple way...

    watch for a huge group of people with cams of all sizes coming out of a NIKON propaganda bus and all going in for free due to their having yellow tickets... i think thats them...

    den just follow them in la.... hahaha...

    PS: Unless it is blind lead blind den really 无话可说!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Thats the idea - would have been better if you had purchased the 'Day@TheZoo ticket cos Zoo is charging us a discounted rate, but since you didn't, we will refund the amount paid for the entrance (if you have POSB account, you can get a 20% discount).

    And of course, you still need to buy the 'Day@TheZoo ticket at the door
    Darren, what must we flash in order to get the 20% POSB discount? Our ATM cards?

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SNAG
    Darren, what must we flash in order to get the 20% POSB discount? Our ATM cards?
    I believe it's given when you pay via NETS.

  11. #11
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,510
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Thanks to all the members who turned up for our party. Trust everyone had a great time and we look forward to our next big gathering.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •