Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How much to charge for photography services for amateur

Default Re: How much to charge for photography services for amateur

think some have mentioned before, you can just find out how much your materials/transport/time/rentals cost and work that as a baseline?

hi, thank you for your detailed explanations, it was really clear for me to understand what to do. Anyway i am suppose to print it on the spot, for about 100 people andi guess like you said i would need a assistant to help me out with the print. thank you for your idea once again. it was really good.

hi fotoudavid, its true.. sure will consider what you have said.

Hi guys, thank you all for your replies, both negative and positive ones i sincerely appreciate all the replies and will consider what each and everyone had said. The main reason i am charging isbecause, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them on the spot, and this woud incurr cost on my part as i would need to buy printer inks, they want me to print about 100 pictures and i also need to provide frames for the 100 odd pictures and my cost is coming up close to $98.00 so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost. Profit is certanily not a main issue for me. But it would certainly be better if i can at least get some transportation allowanc because i will need to bring my laptop, printers and necessary equipments

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    How many times do you have to post to say the same thing?
    give him a brake lar, this is the best time to thank everybody and cheong post count at the same time....
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

If photog is Fiona Xie, can charge more?

Quote Originally Posted by Legoz View Post
    Folks,
    Why most of you so negative?

Its not every day that we get to do something we like and yet still make money out of it. Go enjoy the moment!

Regards
    we are being cautious , if u think u can afford to screw up . go ahead with it

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    If someone is inexperienced to the extend of not knowing how much to quote, he ought to be reminded of the responsibilities of the job. Afterall, that will affect his final decision on how to quote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post

That's what some people tend to forget. "Snap and cash" is easy, indeed. But what makes a good job done is taking ownership, responsibility and delivering quality. And it's neither a waste of time or efforts to be reminded about it. That puts TS' question into the right context.
    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no, because clubsnap should at least provide a disagreement with such behaviour.

there are freelancers and freelancers, i think while clubsnap as a whole has no way to pass any judgement or to curtail the proliferation of slipshod freelancers.. at the very least, we should not turn a blind eye to it or say nothing about it.
    I've started a thread "It’s a totally different ball game to shoot for fund" on this Biz Forum about a month ago, boh business leh.
    I've met numerous freelancers in my business, some of the fees charged are “pityfool”. Most are try-try, only some would make it. Those whom charged right.
    just1book, no kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    give him a brake lar, this is the best time to thank everybody and cheong post count at the same time....

Like that also one count hor?
    just1book, no kidding!

Blog Entries

Time to close this thread.

Lesson learnt and re learnt -

1. Being frank and helpful does not pay in this type of situation (very common in this forum ) as it is taken as "negative ones"

2. What ppl want here is to hear good things like -

"Wow, you got so good lobang - go for it passion, plus earn a few portfolio is good. Well done. Do not worry about $, more jobs will come from it" "Its not every day that we get to do something we like and yet still make money out of it. Go enjoy the moment!"

3. "$35hrs an hour is good for newbies"

etc, etc,
    Last edited by chngpe01; 11th December 2009 at 09:30 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123