Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How much to charge for photography services for amateur

Default Re: How much to charge for photography services for amateur

Thanks guys, this is very informative.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    folks!

why are you so negative?

next time you go to restaurant, the chef cook out the dish taste worse than your 5 year old kid throw on the frying pan and stir around for 20 minutes until chao ta.. you must smile

after all the chef is getting to do something he likes and still make money out of it! go enjoy his moment!
    Yes, and i dont have to know till i try it. Afterwhich i wont go back again...

Similar situation here. Its not about relationship building. TS is most prob in it for the fun of it and for money... lets just address TS's prob and not go into what is right and what is expected of a photographer.

Regards
    D3s / D3x / 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 / 55-200 f3.5-5.6 / 50 f1.8

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Doing what you enjoy is vastly different doing what you enjoy while getting paid. Its entails responsibilities namely, the promise to deliver. No one will enjoy what you do (including yourself) if you can't deliver.

Kit,
    TS did not mention anything about responsibility to meet client's expectations nor how to go about doing it. he just wanna know how much to charge...

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    This is not about being negative, is being realistic. making money is ONE thing, the most IMPORTANT thing is able to deliver the job.

Mod PE has already mention, this is not an ONE MAN SHOW assignment, even a shoot and print term had take many assignments to refine their workflow, not so simple as you guys think.

any other way is find a nearby lab, book a urgent printing appointment with them, after shooting, rush to the lab immediately for printing, than rush back to give out the prints.
    Catchlights,
    its impossible for a single guy to fulfil the obligations. Some agency might be looking for young cheap GWC to fulfil client's need and TS responded but am now unsure on how to charge agency..so decided to come online to search for help.

On a side note, I bet TS is laughing his head off at the few of us going at it.. albeit under another nick.. haha...

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Legoz View Post
    Catchlights,
    its impossible for a single guy to fulfil the obligations. Some agency might be looking for young cheap GWC to fulfil client's need and TS responded but am now unsure on how to charge agency..so decided to come online to search for help.

On a side note, I bet TS is laughing his head off at the few of us going at it.. albeit under another nick.. haha...

Regards
    it will be easier just pretend his is the client to call up to ask for quote from some photographers offer such service, than later cut n paste the quotation and send it to his own client.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Kit,
    TS did not mention anything about responsibility to meet client's expectations nor how to go about doing it. he just wanna know how much to charge...

Regards
    If someone is inexperienced to the extend of not knowing how much to quote, he ought to be reminded of the responsibilities of the job. Afterall, that will affect his final decision on how to quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    If someone is inexperienced to the extend of not knowing how much to quote, he ought to be reminded of the responsibilities of the job. Afterall, that will affect his final decision on how to quote.

That's what some people tend to forget. "Snap and cash" is easy, indeed. But what makes a good job done is taking ownership, responsibility and delivering quality. And it's neither a waste of time or efforts to be reminded about it. That puts TS' question into the right context.
    EOS

Yes, and i dont have to know till i try it. Afterwhich i wont go back again...

Similar situation here. Its not about relationship building. TS is most prob in it for the fun of it and for money... lets just address TS's prob and not go into what is right and what is expected of a photographer.

Regards
    no, because clubsnap should at least provide a disagreement with such behaviour.

there are freelancers and freelancers, i think while clubsnap as a whole has no way to pass any judgement or to curtail the proliferation of slipshod freelancers.. at the very least, we should not turn a blind eye to it or say nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by almondaddict View Post
    I have been following this thread and I do agree with the advices that some of the seniors here have given. For my case, I'm an amateur as well. However, I do get some assignments from previous colleagues who would like to engage my service at a much lower cost than the professionals. Simply because the events are rather small-scale (less than 50 ppl) and mainly for record purposes. Not really to publish.
    there are people willing to pay me market rates for wedding photography

i have never agreed to any single one of them, no matter what the price, no matter what justifications they give (e.g. just take it like your landscapes la, we pose in the picture as part of the landscape.. can faint sometimes).

i just tell them, if you want something like a building, or a scene shot, i might be able to do it for you. i do not want to spoil your wedding day, i do not want to stress myself out because i MIGHT be able to produce something good, but i know it would be more fair to you to engage a better wedding photographer (e.g. will03) who knows the inside-outs of how to do it, has the appropriate equipment (e.g. flash, fast lenses) and the know-how as to what you might want better.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    no, because clubsnap should at least provide a disagreement with such behaviour.

there are freelancers and freelancers, i think while clubsnap as a whole has no way to pass any judgement or to curtail the proliferation of slipshod freelancers.. at the very least, we should not turn a blind eye to it or say nothing about it.
    Difference in opinion is fine but i just think that if we have to remind everyone whats right to do.. wouldnt we be very busy? There are better ways to do this and that is most prob for consumers to realise that quality doesnt come for free. Going around educating individuals like TS will amount to little.

And if TS dare come here to probe for an answer to his queries, he cant be a newbie to the forum.. im sure he has heard it all before.

Peace.

Regards

Would you prefer to stop a bleed or prevent the bleed from happening at all?

You'd be surprised. There's plenty who think they can start earning a living from the day they lay their hands on a camera.

And if TS dare come here to probe for an answer to his queries, he cant be a newbie to the forum.. im sure he has heard it all before.
    there are many non-newbies to these forums that charge for their services to hapless layman

if you ask me if i would pay them a single cent to do what they do, the answer is no.

hi.. thanks you for your reply. i have already told the person that i have not done such a event and a amateur. the reason i am chargin because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them, and this woud incurr cost on my part, they want me to print 100 pictures. so that is why i have to charge to at least cove my cost.

hi, the reason i am chargin because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them, and this woud incurr cost on my part as i would need to buy printer ink, they want me to print about 100 pictures. so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost.

Hi Legoz, thank your reply. the reason i am charging is because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them, and this woud incurr cost on my part, they want me to print 100 pictures. so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost.

hi Octarine, the reason i am charging because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them, and this woud incurr cost on my part as i would need to buy printer ink, they want me to print 100 pictures. so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost.

hi catchlights, thank you for your reply it was really informative, the reason i am charging because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them on the spot, and this woud incurr cost on my part as i would need to buy printer ink, they want me to print abou 100 pictures. so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost.

hi playplay, yes i do have a portable printer but would need to get backup inks,that i why i am actully charging because i need to cover my ink cost and they want me to get frames for about 100 pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by alvingb View Post
    hi, the reason i am chargin because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them, and this woud incurr cost on my part as i would need to buy printer ink, they want me to print about 100 pictures. so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost.
    Hi Legoz, thank your reply. the reason i am charging is because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them, and this woud incurr cost on my part, they want me to print 100 pictures. so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost.
    hi Octarine, the reason i am charging because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them, and this woud incurr cost on my part as i would need to buy printer ink, they want me to print 100 pictures. so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost.
    hi catchlights, thank you for your reply it was really informative, the reason i am charging because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them on the spot, and this woud incurr cost on my part as i would need to buy printer ink, they want me to print abou 100 pictures. so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost.
    hi playplay, yes i do have a portable printer but would need to get backup inks,that i why i am actully charging because i need to cover my ink cost and they want me to get frames for about 100 pictures.
    How many times do you have to post to say the same thing?

hi friedkimchi, the reason i am charging because, i am suppose to to print the pictures for them on the spot, and this woud incurr cost on my part as i would need to buy printer ink, they want me to print abou 100 pictures. i also need to provide frames for the 100 odd pictures and my cost is coming up to $98.00 so that is why i have to charge to at least cover my cost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast