Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 49

Thread: In dilemma

  1. #21
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: In dilemma

    1) A guide mode is a feature that is "nice to have" at most, with a bit of basic knowledge (which you mention to be willing to acquire) it becomes redundant.
    2) Have a look at the reputable shops once you have settled for a certain model. Alan Photo is listed there but based on some recent feedback it's not a shop you should consider.
    EOS

  2. #22

    Default Re: In dilemma

    D3000 is over priced for its specs. If u die die wan Nikon, get the d90. If u wan a budget dslr, the Sony a330 is better than the d3000 and cost $800 with kit lens.

  3. #23

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Seriously I am in dilemma this few days been making out my mind . Thought of getting d3000 but thanks to you all for listing out those critiques comments on d3000 .
    I think I will go with Sony a320 / 330 as my first dslr because I am kidda new and beginner to DSLR world .
    What is the market price for this two? Price guides it didn't state anything

  4. #24

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Rrp for a330 is $899 with lens and freebies, street price $800 but might not hv much freebies.

    Rrp for a230 is $699. Not sure about street price.

  5. #25

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by afiy92 View Post
    Seriously I am in dilemma this few days been making out my mind . Thought of getting d3000 but thanks to you all for listing out those critiques comments on d3000 .
    I think I will go with Sony a320 / 330 as my first dslr because I am kidda new and beginner to DSLR world .
    What is the market price for this two? Price guides it didn't state anything
    Best to call up the shops like MS color. AFAIK an A330 should be about 800-830 SGD.
    Alpha

  6. #26

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by android17 View Post
    Rrp for a330 is $899 with lens and freebies, street price $800 but might not hv much freebies.
    usually the freebies are the same.
    Alpha

  7. #27
    Member Southbeach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sunny Singapore!
    Posts
    172

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Choose wisely tho, if you intend to stay true to Sony all the way then you can prolly invest in it. However if you are having thoughts of upgrading or jumping to other brands in future as you progress youve gotta remember youll be stuck with pretty much your old gear, which you might need to sell off or lugg around. Eitherway, so longs your happy with the cam your gonna be shootin with thats all that matters right?

    ~SB

  8. #28
    Senior Member Galdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Planet Gaia
    Posts
    9,544

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by Southbeach View Post
    Choose wisely tho, if you intend to stay true to Sony all the way then you can prolly invest in it. However if you are having thoughts of upgrading or jumping to other brands in future as you progress youve gotta remember youll be stuck with pretty much your old gear, which you might need to sell off or lugg around. Eitherway, so longs your happy with the cam your gonna be shootin with thats all that matters right?

    ~SB
    There are high end models in Sony for upgrades too.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

  9. #29

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Guys
    what do you think about canon 1000D as a starter for beginner?

  10. #30

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Look at the features of the Kx, and it should be quite clear.
    Both cameras can take good pictures, the only thing I disagree on is how the D3000 gives less value for money.

    Support : Well taken care of by local distributor Emjay (just look at the favorable comments in the Pentax sub forums.
    User base : Big does not necessarily mean better. The CS pentax user community is close knit and friendly. Do join the monthly gatherings to find out yourself.
    Lenses : Lenses from K series to DA series (spanning at least 30yrs). All usable. Many are good and cheap. New DA series lenses are available from reputable shops like MSColor, OP and Cathay Photo. If they are not on the shelf, you can always check with local distributor Emjay or place an order.

  11. #31

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Very important !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    maybe you should readup this before getting anything

  12. #32

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by afiy92 View Post
    Guys
    what do you think about canon 1000D as a starter for beginner?
    If just comparing Canon 1000D and 500D, i'd take the 500D (Digic4, Video, Spot metering, 9 pt versus 7 pt AF).

  13. #33

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by afiy92 View Post
    Guys
    what do you think about canon 1000D as a starter for beginner?
    considering the price? You can do better for the same money.
    Alpha

  14. #34
    Member scorpioh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    1,973

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Let me make the decision for the TS: get Pentax k-x.
    Yes, Pentax roxs in a way that many are just too ignorant to realise.
    I say the lens is the soul of a camera. What about the body? Well, it's just the body...

  15. #35

    Default Re: In dilemma

    i just can't made up my mind yet

  16. #36

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by afiy92 View Post
    Guys
    what do you think about canon 1000D as a starter for beginner?
    Sony a230 cost same price but has better specs and function...

  17. #37

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Seeing both sony a320 / a330 , if you have the choice which one will you go for because i find it mostly the same .

    and secondly whats does it mean by body and kit?

  18. #38

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by afiy92 View Post
    Seeing both sony a320 / a330 , if you have the choice which one will you go for because i find it mostly the same .

    and secondly whats does it mean by body and kit?
    I'd still say that for your budget, a Kx is a good deal. Better spec, very good ISO performance.

  19. #39

    Default Re: In dilemma

    Quote Originally Posted by afiy92 View Post
    Seeing both sony a320 / a330 , if you have the choice which one will you go for because i find it mostly the same .

    and secondly whats does it mean by body and kit?
    if you are really not brand conscious, i'd recommend pentax kx, very good high ISO performance, kit means there's a "default" lens that goes with the body, usually 18-55mm some people prefer to buy body only as they plan to buy performance lens right away, for example the ones with f2.8 aperture lens that more or less has the same focal length range with the kit lens which is redundant..

  20. #40

    Default Re: In dilemma

    I gonna stick to this for asking question . Don't want to make a new thread to ask around for my queries .


    Hey guys what do u think of nikon d5000 ? is there any pros and cons for it ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •