Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Question to ask

  1. #1

    Lightbulb Question to ask

    Hello!

    I will need to take 40 individual photos and would like to know how to transfer the photo immediately after I took the individual photo to a program etc. photoshop to rename the file name to the person name?

    Hope any kind soul can teach me how....

    thanks!

  2. #2

    Default Re: Question to ask

    wire up the camera with the computer. use the software that came with the camera.

    alternatively and definitely more easily, ask someone to copy down their names in order since you only got 40. almost impossible for the sequence to go wrong

  3. #3

    Default Re: Question to ask

    Try theses. No wires, instant uploads.

    Tum podem extulit horridulum...日出東方﹐唯我不敗。

  4. #4

    Default Re: Question to ask

    depending on what cam you have, you can opt to rent a wifi-grip..

  5. #5

    Default Re: Question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by eyes View Post
    Try theses. No wires, instant uploads.

    does these things WORK???? im interested to get it they are reliable!

    how long are they on the market?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by jrock87 View Post
    Hello!

    I will need to take 40 individual photos and would like to know how to transfer the photo immediately after I took the individual photo to a program etc. photoshop to rename the file name to the person name?

    Hope any kind soul can teach me how....

    thanks!
    Garbage in, garbage out. How can we help if we don't know what cam you are using?
    Alpha

  7. #7

    Default Re: Question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by IsenGrim View Post
    does these things WORK???? im interested to get it they are reliable!

    how long are they on the market?
    Yeah, they've been out for a few years (2-3?) already. They work fine.
    Alpha

  8. #8
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by IsenGrim View Post
    does these things WORK???? im interested to get it they are reliable!

    how long are they on the market?
    i heard from reviews the file transmission is the slowest link, and raw files will hog.. so .. if u r thinking of machine gunning then it might not be the best solution

    ryan

  9. #9
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Question to ask

    what is wrong with a pencil and paper?

    click - write file number and person's name on paper
    click - write file number and person's name on paper
    click - write file number and person's name on paper
    and so on and so on until all 40 people

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    337

    Default Re: Question to ask

    OMG! This is like so cool! Is there one for CF card slot user? >.<! Else the only way is to use the wireless transmitter? But its quite ex uh...Is there a 3rd party for it?
    Nikon D300|MB-D10|Nikon F2|Nikon 24-70mm f2.8G ED|Nikon 70-210mm f/4-5.6 AF-D|SB-80DX|Next:70-200mm

  11. #11
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    what is wrong with a pencil and paper?

    click - write file number and person's name on paper
    click - write file number and person's name on paper
    click - write file number and person's name on paper
    and so on and so on until all 40 people
    my way, get a paper to ask them write down their own name and filename after taking the photo.

    Or bring a notebook to ask type in instead of write, so save my trouble of typing it.


    to TS: for your requirement of rename a file, just need to press F2, don't need to have a special software.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #12
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by IsenGrim View Post
    does these things WORK???? im interested to get it they are reliable!

    how long are they on the market?
    go and read their own forum you will get a lot answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by NormanTan View Post
    OMG! This is like so cool! Is there one for CF card slot user? >.<! Else the only way is to use the wireless transmitter? But its quite ex uh...Is there a 3rd party for it?
    need to use SD/CF adapter, but it is not recommended.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  13. #13
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default Re: Question to ask

    Quote Originally Posted by NormanTan View Post
    OMG! This is like so cool! Is there one for CF card slot user? >.<! Else the only way is to use the wireless transmitter? But its quite ex uh...Is there a 3rd party for it?
    Coming from reviews, the wireless transmission will not be reliable and probably not work with the adapter.

    ryan

  14. #14

    Default Re: Question to ask

    Sorry for late reply...

    I will be using Nikon D60 which i rent it from my school.
    ^^''

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •