Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: confronted by milo uncle

Default confronted by milo uncle

there was a fair in school today and they gave out free milo drinks.

The milo van was not attended to and I saw the unlce at one corner relaxing. I thot it looked kinda nice and took out my camera to take a shot of the scene. When he saw me, he immediately got up and CONFRONTED me and in a panicky voice asked me what I was taking the photos for. Telling him that it was for myself didn't quite assure him until i deleted the photo.

wakakakaka! He was slacking and I got the evidence, so his attitude wasn't very friendly. Shocked me for a moment. hehehehehe

Anyone kena confronted before too? quite scary huh?

Quote Originally Posted by HelmetBox
    there was a fair in school today and they gave out free milo drinks.

The milo van was not attended to and I saw the unlce at one corner relaxing. I thot it looked kinda nice and took out my camera to take a shot of the scene. When he saw me, he immediately got up and CONFRONTED me and in a panicky voice asked me what I was taking the photos for. Telling him that it was for myself didn't quite assure him until i deleted the photo.

wakakakaka! He was slacking and I got the evidence, so his attitude wasn't very friendly. Shocked me for a moment. hehehehehe

Anyone kena confronted before too? quite scary huh?
    me got confronted by 'ping lang' chix in taiwan, when i just pulled out my cam & try to shoot her ... right in front of her she was f***ing pissed and started saying some stuff in mandarin real fast ... my mandarin real weak, and my processor couldn't decipher what she was saying so just stared @ her ... turn around, asked the driver to drive off

Quote Originally Posted by renegade
    me got confronted by 'ping lang' chix in taiwan, when i just pulled out my cam & try to shoot her ... right in front of her she was f***ing pissed and started saying some stuff in mandarin real fast ... my mandarin real weak, and my processor couldn't decipher what she was saying so just stared @ her ... turn around, asked the driver to drive off
    wah... overseas also pull this type of stunt....... Good thing not some big burly man who may grab and smash your camz....... hehehehe..... That's really farny though..... 'ping lang mei' hehehehe...... must be an interesting shot!

wah... overseas also pull this type of stunt....... Good thing not some big burly man who may grab and smash your camz....... hehehehe..... That's really farny though..... 'ping lang mei' hehehehe...... must be an interesting shot!
    didn't manage to shoot lah. just pulled out, aim ... kena liao ended up going another stall, bought a pack of the 'ping lang' stuff and asked for permission. approved but ... the chix errr ... errr ... no 'ooomph' lah ... hahaha. ended up trying to err 'eat' one of the 'ping lang' ... and man! it tastes like sh*t

ok enuf of my story. anyone else tiok b4?

*shudders* hearing stories such as this makes my hair stand! loL! u guys are brave man!

Quote Originally Posted by Vynara
    *shudders* hearing stories such as this makes my hair stand! loL! u guys are brave man!
    I wouldn't do it if I've seen it coming!

my incident:

I parked below a HDB block waiting for my friend to come down. While waiting, i pulled out my camera to take some street shots. Then this uncle, who parked his van along the double yellow lines, quickly confronted me. He thought i was the HDB/URA officer catching drivers who parked illegally with photos evidence. He spoke in a very hostile manner but i assured him that i didn't take any pics of him. I even showed him all my shots but he just refused to see them. Kept speaking to me rudely.

I should have taken a pic and then send to URA since his attitude is so terrible.
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

I once followed this group of volunteers for eldery folks before. One of the old folks under our care was selling newspapers, and a couple came over to buy the papers. I took the pic for archival purposes, and suddenly the couple flew into a fit of rage and the lady demanded in Chinese mandarin why we took the picture.

The middle aged man confronted us so much I was at a shock at what to do. The couple then threw the money on the ground and stomped off.

They must have thought I was a PI hired by the wife!

Two months ago, I was taking a picture of this cobbler(He's a midget) in a market in Shanghai. He looked up and saw me & my cam. He became angry and started sprouting Shanghainese... Did not know what to do buy say sorry.. His friends around him were okay fellows... they just laughed at his reaction.. and we had a chat... (The midget cobbler was still frowning)

then like the best thing to do when being confronted is to ignore the person and walk away? i say this because it seems like those of you who tried to explain your harmless intention didn't have much success.... waddya guys think?

I wanna know in case someone apporaches me... because I know if I'm not prepared, depending on my mood I'll either burst into tears , or start a quarre l.

Just walk away lor...
    U have a nice foto. They have a bad temper.
    It's a you win, he lose, situation.

cfm u didnt buy things from the bin lang gals right?
    cuz even 1 small pack of ciggies or a can of coke.. if u r a tourist.. they sure let u shoot wan..

lolz!!!!!

ive tonnes of bin lang xi shis' pics from kaoshiung all the way to taipei

Quote Originally Posted by RuthBaby
    cfm u didnt buy things from the bin lang gals right?
    cuz even 1 small pack of ciggies or a can of coke.. if u r a tourist.. they sure let u shoot wan..

lolz!!!!!

ive tonnes of bin lang xi shis' pics from kaoshiung all the way to taipei
    got leh, the stall which i got f-ed ... we tried buying drinks ... but b4 the transaction was completed ... me got it liao then went to a next one lor.

wah u got so many? shot from far or 'in the face'?? can meh? i respect u lor

anyway i wasn't interested 2 shoot them ... it was another guy who was wif me (err ... he's my boss!) ... told me to 'get some nice pics' ... sh*t i kena lah ...

got leh, the stall which i got f-ed ... we tried buying drinks ... but b4 the transaction was completed ... me got it liao then went to a next one lor.

wah u got so many? shot from far or 'in the face'?? can meh? i respect u lor

anyway i wasn't interested 2 shoot them ... it was another guy who was wif me (err ... he's my boss!) ... told me to 'get some nice pics' ... sh*t i kena lah ...
    it must be you give the tiko face right? hehehehe.......

Guys with cameras are always more intimidating don't you think?

then like the best thing to do when being confronted is to ignore the person and walk away? i say this because it seems like those of you who tried to explain your harmless intention didn't have much success.... waddya guys think?

I wanna know in case someone apporaches me... because I know if I'm not prepared, depending on my mood I'll either burst into tears , or start a quarre l.
    CRY CRY CRY! it's your ultimate weapon! Then cling on to the guy and make everyone stare at him! heheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Kidding ah.

I guess its a case to case basis. You won't know the outcome of explaining. If it doesn't work then walk away, if it works, you might get to know a new friend or get more photos, who knows.

IMHO, Just turning away and ignoring is often rude and it might piss the guy even more.......

Got chased by an Cantonese Ah Ma before,
    still rem quite the scene although abt 10 years ago,

was experimenting with some Black and White photography for darkroom printing, so when to selegie with my friends to do some shooting, that time they still have this second hand resale thingy and I am so excited and trigger happy....

So I spotted this old Ah Ma squatting along the corridor, face pretty wrinkled, etc. setup look prefect for me so i start to point and shoot,
    after taking 1 shot, I saw her screaming at him in cantonese... and chased after me

first reaction was to run away and she didn;t catch me of course but very embarassing as a lot people was ard, I didn;t understand cantonese and didn't know y she so angry until my friend translated and say she is the very pan dan kind and believe shdn;t shot photo of her or else life shorten... something like that......

Quote Originally Posted by mysonlovenemo
    believe shdn;t shot photo of her or else life shorten... something like that......
    lol I heard of that before. but then again, I heard it only happens when you snap someone who is asleep...

wuz taking some pics at mackenzie carpark once when a few taxi drivers (who frequent the kopi stalls nearby) came over to me with worried expressions, thinking that i was some kind of enforcement officer. anyway, i told them i wuz just taking pics for fun and they left me alone.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

lol I heard of that before. but then again, I heard it only happens when you snap someone who is asleep...
    ooops!!! i've taken a few shots of sleeping people!
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

CRY CRY CRY! it's your ultimate weapon! Then cling on to the guy and make everyone stare at him! heheheheheheheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Kidding ah.

I guess its a case to case basis. You won't know the outcome of explaining. If it doesn't work then walk away, if it works, you might get to know a new friend or get more photos, who knows.

IMHO, Just turning away and ignoring is often rude and it might piss the guy even more.......

....... eh...... ok...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast