Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car servicing at a workshop

Default Re: Car servicing at a workshop

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    Chill guys, if not happy, just change workshop.
    For me, i just change brand of car and never have to see their silly faces.

Put it this way, there are good and bad people in this industry. whether if yor driving a benz or a picanto. If you met the wrong folks who does unscrupulous things, you'd had bad luck. Unreported usage is common and so as tearing parts out for troubleshooting another car. Ethics is not respected as they just consider it an industry practice.

And, in the local perspective, cars are viewed as expensive investment. I could afford a hummer for a steal in another country, but if aint the same here. Even an accidental brush (with my body) on another person's car could invite cold stares.

In other countries, if another car hits mine, i get out take a look, wave and tell the other driver no prob. But try hitting another car here in singapore.

I had a friend whose car was recently hit by an RX450H in sgp. The owner came out, look at both cars, saw no damage, but he took out 500bugs and pass to my friend and told him not to report insurance. That lexus owner probably had enough of local drivers who claim for ridiculous damage fees.

Let us learn to understand the different cultures and be an influence of graciousness instead.
    I once knocked onto the rear of a car(no damaged) of a Malay gentleman.
    He walked out of his car, waved at me and told me to carry on. No issue.

A lorry reversed and damaged my bonet.. gave me $30 and told me to get it repair. When I told him that $30 is not enough, his replied was "Do you want me to report that you rammed into my lorry?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm not a boss of a workshop, I'm a professional photographer but I do clock up a lot of miles / km each year driving. In an average year I'll clock up anywhere from 60,000 to 100,000km of driving both here in Australia and in overseas driving so my vehicles tend to be serviced frequently and I don't skimp on servicing or whine and whinge like an old woman if someone leaves the A/C on or if the vehicle comes back with a few extra Km on it. I'd rather have the extra Km on the clock and know the jobs been properly done than trying to save a few cents/bucks in petrol and have a fast and poor job done. Each to their own I guess.

Effing - a nice way of using the F word.

3 hours use of your airconditioning will do it NO harm whatsoever. I did a day trip last thursday with a couple of friends that involved 14 hours of driving, all done with the a/c on. A/C does not wear out in 3 hours or 300 or even 3,000 hours of use in any car I've ever driven.

Workshops that are worth using all carry indeminty insurance incase something goes wrong, I've never heard of anyone passing on the cost of a mechanic induced breakage to a vehicle owner. I think you're being a bit paranoid drawing such conclusions.

Next, the tech at the camera reparier happens to be the boss. If it was him or any of the senior techs there I'd have no problem with them using my gear, provided they seek permission first. After I returned to pick up the camera I was pleasantly surprised to find the cost of service had dropped by 50% .. If I got that for a weekends light useage each time I had gear serviced I'd be very happy.
    So this is the mindset as you are not the boss.

What if you are the BOSS?

Thks and same to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    So this is the mindset as you are not the boss.

What if you are the BOSS?

Thks and same to you!
    If I was the boss and they did NOT check the A/C on a car by running it right down to it's coldest setting (or the heater to it's hottest), they'd be looking for a new job very quickly as they'd be fired for incompetence as an a/c test should be pretty well mandatory at any service, especially 5,000, 10,000K services.

As for not resetting the a/c to your so called set temperature, grow up man, for gods sake it's nothing and it at least demonstrates they checked the damned thing.

Discussion closed as far as I'm concerned. I have no more time to waste on this...
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    Interesting...

1. The question is 'If you are the boss'? Will you allow your tech/mechanic to use your client's car without his knowledge?

2. Again, if you were the boss, will you allow the tech to use your client's camera when he/she has sent it for repair with out his/her permission?

Thank you for your acknowledgement and same to you
    !
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    If I was the boss and they did NOT check the A/C on a car by running it right down to it's coldest setting (or the heater to it's hottest), they'd be looking for a new job very quickly as they'd be fired for incompetence as an a/c test should be pretty well mandatory at any service, especially 5,000, 10,000K services.

As for not resetting the a/c to your so called set temperature, grow up man, for gods sake it's nothing and it at least demonstrates they checked the damned thing.

Discussion closed as far as I'm concerned. I have no more time to waste on this...
    Thank you and same to you!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123