Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car servicing at a workshop

Default Re: Car servicing at a workshop

Quote Originally Posted by ConnorMcLeod View Post
    think write in to complain will be a total waste of time.
    So what they offer an apology? some more I'd wonder if I would be black listed and next time I go back to the same workshop, they do something funny to my car

I would be more than happy if they did the job properly (service/fix) as they promised, and I'd waive the rest of on radio/seat/air con settings.
    i manage my company workshop , on the very first day on the job for me was to handle customer complaint e.g car sit , radio , aircon etc . so LL enforce workshop rule for all mac and foreman include management staff who need to handle customer car .

think write in to complain will be a total waste of time.
    So what they offer an apology? some more I'd wonder if I would be black listed and next time I go back to the same workshop, they do something funny to my car

I would be more than happy if they did the job properly (service/fix) as they promised, and I'd waive the rest of on radio/seat/air con settings.
    for your inform my dear friend Singaporean value their car more than their very own home and it not cheap to own a car too .

It is a common sight to see some backlane workshops (for accident repair) to have their men in the car enjoying a nice lunch with music in tune. sometimes, they puff in the car too for all they care. But they did nothing to hurt your car so it really is not a major issue.

As for a/c test, sometimes, it is in their todo checklist (ie 30 points checklist) to test ac for coldness and often times, they wont bother to adjust it back. So it may just be an oil change, it is due diligence to do preventive checks.. So dont worry so much about foul play. There are much more things mechanics can do to harm your car temperature control is not the real tell tail what had been done.

For agents, the chance of foul play is rare, but if they want to swoop your parts, they will choose a nice and expensive part of the car and you wont even notice it.

i had sent in a car to cycle and carriage for regular servicing through the few years of ownership and the tool kit got missing. I found out only 1 year later when tire got busted on the road. But who am i to blame? Could it be it fell off the car in a fast cornering stunt? Maybe...haha

Quote Originally Posted by contaxable View Post
    It is a common sight to see some backlane workshops (for accident repair) to have their men in the car enjoying a nice lunch with music in tune. sometimes, they puff in the car too for all they care. But they did nothing to hurt your car so it really is not a major issue.

As for a/c test, sometimes, it is in their todo checklist (ie 30 points checklist) to test ac for coldness and often times, they wont bother to adjust it back. So it may just be an oil change, it is due diligence to do preventive checks.. So dont worry so much about foul play. There are much more things mechanics can do to harm your car temperature control is not the real tell tail what had been done.

For agents, the chance of foul play is rare, but if they want to swoop your parts, they will choose a nice and expensive part of the car and you wont even notice it.

i had sent in a car to cycle and carriage for regular servicing through the few years of ownership and the tool kit got missing. I found out only 1 year later when tire got busted on the road. But who am i to blame? Could it be it fell off the car in a fast cornering stunt? Maybe...haha

I sent the car to the agent for servicing that is why I am very annoyed. I could not go to the workshop for safety reason.

There was once the roof rubber strip went missing. I only discovered a few days later... sign. Got to pay for a new strip.

It is better to check all when collecting the car!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Not meaning to be nasty here, but do you have a life? I mean so effing what if the airconditioning temperature was change and who gives a stuff it it took 3 hours to service. Get over it, it's just a bl**dy car for Pete's sake.
    Noted with thanks.

So it is OK for the tech to switch on the aircon of the car for 3 hours?

So it is OK with you when you send your camera for servicing and the tech use the camera(not for testing) but for other purpose?

Not meaning to be nasty here, but do you have a life? I mean so effing what if the airconditioning temperature was change and who gives a stuff it it took 3 hours to service. Get over it, it's just a bl**dy car for Pete's sake.
    Interesting to note....

So if as a boss of a workshop...

1. Do you allow your tech to switch on the aircon of a client without his knowledge for 3 hours and so why?
    2. Do you mean what you meant when you state 'ef.... '?

You will be 'ef....' your customers away and you will be 'ef....' from the workshop!!!!
    Last edited by Yappy; 18th December 2009 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I sent the car to the agent for servicing that is why I am very annoyed. I could not go to the workshop for safety reason.

There was once the roof rubber strip went missing. I only discovered a few days later... sign. Got to pay for a new strip.

It is better to check all when collecting the car!
    It is common practice worshops swoop parts for trial and error testing. Even agents do that. They do not have a luxury of having demo units for parts testing. Imagine having 4 types of models with 4 facelift each. You have to have 16 demo cars to tear parts out to do trouble shooting.

For your case, maybe they took out to try in another car but forgot to reinstall it back for you. Either that or the service advisor drove out for test run and went to a shady workshop and sold that parts off to a friend at a steal.
    Its your luck, and trust me, you can never check the whole car bumper to bumper. If you built up a nice rapport with a dedicated SA for your car so he wont do more harm than good.

I am aware all kinds of tricks in this trade. whether its a german car or a jap car, so long as the car is out of the workshop, the other job can begin. sometimes, i heard they can do special service in the workshop with unaccounted parts from the inventory too and that is probably half or one third its price. Even with cameras, they can do anything if they are gutsy enough.

Noted with thanks.

So it is OK for the tech to switch on the aircon of the car for 3 hours?

So it is OK with you when you send your camera for servicing and the tech use the camera(not for testing) but for other purpose?
    How do you know it was 3 hours? A 3hr a/cond test is more likely to be looking for leaks and using dyed gas When my Land Rover is serviced they usually run the motor for about 2 hours, use around 20 litres of diesel and run up about 50-60km on the clock. For me it's just part of getting the job done right and I don't worry about it at all.

I've had my old camera tech over east call me up and ask if he could use a LF camera of mine that was in for repair for a few days as his was waiting on parts. I had no problem with it at all.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwitan View Post
    Should write to the workshop to complan...setting thermostat to 19 deg, dont know cause how many threes to overwork their suckion of CO2 emission. Someone must paid for the lives of this innocent threes.
    i think you meant trees. go watch avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by 09takashi View Post
    i manage my company workshop , on the very first day on the job for me was to handle customer complaint e.g car sit , radio , aircon etc . so LL enforce workshop rule for all mac and foreman include management staff who need to handle customer car .

for your inform my dear friend Singaporean value their car more than their very own home and it not cheap to own a car too .
    If you receive a complaint like Yappy's, how would you deal with it?

Do you respond to customer enquiries and complaints in a similar tone as you wrote above? If yes, I know what to expect.
    Last edited by ConnorMcLeod; 20th December 2009 at 11:56 AM.

How do you know it was 3 hours? A 3hr a/cond test is more likely to be looking for leaks and using dyed gas When my Land Rover is serviced they usually run the motor for about 2 hours, use around 20 litres of diesel and run up about 50-60km on the clock. For me it's just part of getting the job done right and I don't worry about it at all.

My car was in thje wkshp for more than 3 hours and the servicing did not include aircon serviciing.

I've had my old camera tech over east call me up and ask if he could use a LF camera of mine that was in for repair for a few days as his was waiting on parts. I had no problem with it at all.
    The tech asked you what if they dont ask you? What if they damaged your cam and you are charged for the repair(You dont as you had trusted them...)?

I think you had a big heart... I will certainly not allow this to happen.

Again if you are the boss of the workshop either the car or cam, will you allow your tech to do such thing?

The tech asked you what if they dont ask you? What if they damaged your cam and you are charged for the repair(You dont as you had trusted them...)?

I think you had a big heart... I will certainly not allow this to happen.

Again if you are the boss of the workshop either the car or cam, will you allow your tech to do such thing?
    I'm not a boss of a workshop, I'm a professional photographer but I do clock up a lot of miles / km each year driving. In an average year I'll clock up anywhere from 60,000 to 100,000km of driving both here in Australia and in overseas driving so my vehicles tend to be serviced frequently and I don't skimp on servicing or whine and whinge like an old woman if someone leaves the A/C on or if the vehicle comes back with a few extra Km on it. I'd rather have the extra Km on the clock and know the jobs been properly done than trying to save a few cents/bucks in petrol and have a fast and poor job done. Each to their own I guess.

Effing - a nice way of using the F word.

3 hours use of your airconditioning will do it NO harm whatsoever. I did a day trip last thursday with a couple of friends that involved 14 hours of driving, all done with the a/c on. A/C does not wear out in 3 hours or 300 or even 3,000 hours of use in any car I've ever driven.

Workshops that are worth using all carry indeminty insurance incase something goes wrong, I've never heard of anyone passing on the cost of a mechanic induced breakage to a vehicle owner. I think you're being a bit paranoid drawing such conclusions.

Next, the tech at the camera reparier happens to be the boss. If it was him or any of the senior techs there I'd have no problem with them using my gear, provided they seek permission first. After I returned to pick up the camera I was pleasantly surprised to find the cost of service had dropped by 50% .. If I got that for a weekends light useage each time I had gear serviced I'd be very happy.
    The Ang Moh from Hell

If you receive a complaint like Yappy's, how would you deal with it?

Do you respond to customer enquiries and complaints in a similar tone as you wrote above? If yes, I know what to expect.
    My bosses will always use the same trick is to give discount or free servicing to customer for future visit if we found out the fault cause by the Mechanic , and i had no choice but to cancel off mechanic's incentive from one to three months and issue warning letter .
    Last edited by 09takashi; 21st December 2009 at 10:05 PM.

I'm not a boss of a workshop, I'm a professional photographer but I do clock up a lot of miles / km each year driving. In an average year I'll clock up anywhere from 60,000 to 100,000km of driving both here in Australia and in overseas driving so my vehicles tend to be serviced frequently and I don't skimp on servicing or whine and whinge like an old woman if someone leaves the A/C on or if the vehicle comes back with a few extra Km on it. I'd rather have the extra Km on the clock and know the jobs been properly done than trying to save a few cents/bucks in petrol and have a fast and poor job done. Each to their own I guess.

3 hours use of your airconditioning will do it NO harm whatsoever. I did a day trip last thursday with a couple of friends that involved 14 hours of driving, all done with the a/c on. A/C does not wear out in 3 hours or 300 or even 3,000 hours of use in any car I've ever driven.

Workshops that are worth using all carry indeminty insurance incase something goes wrong, I've never heard of anyone passing on the cost of a mechanic induced breakage to a vehicle owner. I think you're being a bit paranoid drawing such conclusions.

Next, the tech at the camera reparier happens to be the boss. If it was him or any of the senior techs there I'd have no problem with them using my gear, provided they seek permission first. After I returned to pick up the camera I was pleasantly surprised to find the cost of service had dropped by 50% .. If I got that for a weekends light useage each time I had gear serviced I'd be very happy.
    Interesting...

1. The question is 'If you are the boss'? Will you allow your tech/mechanic to use your client's car without his knowledge?

2. Again, if you were the boss, will you allow the tech to use your client's camera when he/she has sent it for repair with out his/her permission?

Thank you for your acknowledgement and same to you!

Interesting...

1. The question is 'If you are the boss'? Will you allow your tech/mechanic to use your client's car without his knowledge?

2. Again, if you were the boss, will you allow the tech to use your client's camera when he/she has sent it for repair with out his/her permission?

Thank you for your acknowledgement and same to you!
    If I were the boss, definitely I won't let my employee to use a client's car. This is different to test driving the car to ensure the repair has been done properly.

Thank you and same to you and have a nice day!

"Effing - a nice way of using the F word."

Thank you and same to you and have a nice day!

Blog Entries

i was told that there was a flame war going on here
    maybe you should all go and sit in an air conditioned car for 3 hrs to cool off

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Puts on his asbestos undies ... flame war??? where!!!
    The Ang Moh from Hell

singaporean likes to complain.

why har??
    Taoism 你知[道]吗?http://yeobt.multiply.com
    Read With An Open Mind And Surely You Will Be Benefited.

Chill guys, if not happy, just change workshop.
    For me, i just change brand of car and never have to see their silly faces.

Put it this way, there are good and bad people in this industry. whether if yor driving a benz or a picanto. If you met the wrong folks who does unscrupulous things, you'd had bad luck. Unreported usage is common and so as tearing parts out for troubleshooting another car. Ethics is not respected as they just consider it an industry practice.

And, in the local perspective, cars are viewed as expensive investment. I could afford a hummer for a steal in another country, but if aint the same here. Even an accidental brush (with my body) on another person's car could invite cold stares.

In other countries, if another car hits mine, i get out take a look, wave and tell the other driver no prob. But try hitting another car here in singapore.

I had a friend whose car was recently hit by an RX450H in sgp. The owner came out, look at both cars, saw no damage, but he took out 500bugs and pass to my friend and told him not to report insurance. That lexus owner probably had enough of local drivers who claim for ridiculous damage fees.

Let us learn to understand the different cultures and be an influence of graciousness instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    Puts on his asbestos undies ... flame war??? where!!!
    .....Why only undies should use on mask too!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast